Solved

Account in debit

• 10 June 2019
  • 9 replies

I am not sure why my account is always in debit. I have even increased my payments however I seem to be paying a lot more for my energy in the warmer months. I have been paying £88.14 since April and in the colder months I am paying £132.21. I am not happy with this and want to switch. Would I be able to switch my provider?
icon

Best answer by stephenrand 10 June 2019, 20:50

Hi Charmaine
Yes, you can switch from Pure Planet without penalty.
The question is, can you get a better deal? A comparison site will give you an idea, but make sure you actually compare what the rates are for gas and electricity with what you are paying now - and bear in mind Pure Planet's 100% green credentials, and their promise that their prices can go down as well as up.
Good luck with the calculations!
And bear in mind that if you are paying more than you expected, then almost certainly you are using more energy than you expected.
Stephen
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Charmaine
Yes, you can switch from Pure Planet without penalty.
The question is, can you get a better deal? A comparison site will give you an idea, but make sure you actually compare what the rates are for gas and electricity with what you are paying now - and bear in mind Pure Planet's 100% green credentials, and their promise that their prices can go down as well as up.
Good luck with the calculations!
And bear in mind that if you are paying more than you expected, then almost certainly you are using more energy than you expected.
Stephen
Hi Charmaine,
I totally agree with Stephen's comments that if you are paying more than you expected, then you are actually using more than you expected.
There is of course the possibility that you may have inadvertently under estimated your predicted annual usage, when you provided this data for your switching process. This does seem to happen a lot.......then after a few months of "realistic" meter readings, the reality of actual usage is presented as a bit of a shock to the system.
If you are contemplating a switch away from PP.........then my advice is be very accurate with your predicted estimated annual consumption, otherwise this situation will occur yet again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hello.
I note from your previous posts you jave changed the date of your DD Previously, this can cause a missed payment on one of your statements and thus causing you to appear to be in debt.
How much debt does your statement say you have and is it increasing, decreasing or staying roughly the same each month. This extra info will help provide better advice.
I am about £77 in bebit

- - - Updated - - -

I mean debit!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Charmaine123;31116:
I am about £77 in bebit

- - - Updated - - -

I mean debit!

Hi Charmaine

We're still happy to try and help! Is the app saying that you are £77 in debit today? When was your last payment of £88.14?

That info might give us a clue

Regards
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hello again.
If the 77 debt is not getting larger month by month then really its not a huge problem. I can appreciate you may not want to be in that position so a one off payment can be made to clear it even a small increase in your monthly payment will catch this up in a few months.
My last payment was on 01.06.19 and next on due on 01.07.19
Charmaine123;31116:
I am about £77 in bebit

- - - Updated - - -

I mean debit!

Charmaine, how long has it taken to become £77 in debit..... this figure appears to be less than your monthly DD payment, which is paid on the 1st of each month..... does your last statement show your last payment?? If not.... then it will show on your next statement. Does your "Payments" section of your App show all your DD payments.
Your "debt" is less than 1 months payment and, if necessary could be rectified by a small increase to your DD payment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Charmaine123;31129:
My last payment was on 01.06.19 and next on due on 01.07.19

Hi Charmaine
I agree with the others - if I was you I'd wait to see if the debit went down over the next couple of months. That's not impossible if heating is a big part of your energy costs. But if you are uneasy about it, you can always make a one-off payment. I think someone has already given you the link for that.
Hope that helps
Stephen

They hadn't!
One off payment link:
https://community.purepla.net/content/274-how-make-one-off-payment-Pure-Planet#ckb_start