Solved

Account in credit

  • 4 February 2019
  • 2 replies
  • 619 views

I switched to Pureplanet in part to reduce my costs, as money is tight, but am being overcharged every month, leaving my account massively in credit. Could the monthly direct debit be reduced to a more realistic amount?
icon

Best answer by woz 4 February 2019, 22:28

hi Anns
you aren't being overcharged unless your direct debit is wrong. Your quote was based on the usage over a year, but you pay more in winter and less in summer months
Your payment will reduce in April.
If annually your estimate was £1200 with PP you would pay £80 April to Sept and £120 October to March, but with a.n other supplier where payments were the same every month you'd pay £100 every month (so PP would be £20 less in summer , £20 more in winter)
The above is assuming your estimated usage was correct, but it might be wrong in which case you need to discuss that as suggested.
AnnS;22665:
I switched to Pureplanet in part to reduce my costs, as money is tight, but am being overcharged every month, leaving my account massively in credit. Could the monthly direct debit be reduced to a more realistic amount?
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi AnnS,

PP's DD's are set up so that you pay a higher DD for the colder 6 months which eqautes to 60% of the forecasted annual cost in your joining quote and the remaining 40% divided up for the warmer 6 months. The account with PP is set up so that it will be in credit...from the start with the advanced payment...but not MASSIVELY.

Go to wattBot..type in "message the team" and post your concerns...
All the best
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Anns
you aren't being overcharged unless your direct debit is wrong. Your quote was based on the usage over a year, but you pay more in winter and less in summer months
Your payment will reduce in April.
If annually your estimate was £1200 with PP you would pay £80 April to Sept and £120 October to March, but with a.n other supplier where payments were the same every month you'd pay £100 every month (so PP would be £20 less in summer , £20 more in winter)
The above is assuming your estimated usage was correct, but it might be wrong in which case you need to discuss that as suggested.
AnnS;22665:
I switched to Pureplanet in part to reduce my costs, as money is tight, but am being overcharged every month, leaving my account massively in credit. Could the monthly direct debit be reduced to a more realistic amount?

Reply