Solved

account in credit

• 7 December 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi there, 

I closed my account a while ago and I can see that I still have money in in there as it’s credit, when will I receive that back into my bank?

thanks

icon

Best answer by G4RHL 7 December 2021, 20:18

View original

8 replies

Badge +5

@Imogensv It could be next month as a credit balance is transferred to Shell and they will handle refunds.

Does it matter that I cancelled the account as I left the property? 

Badge +5

@Imogensv I believe not, as all credits held on the date of PP’s demise (16th October) are passed to Shell for they to handle. Sadly it will take a little time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Imogensv 

If you have left the property, you may need to contact Shell giving them your old and new addresses, but they should still be able to contact you via email using the information provided by PP. As said we don't know when exactly, as it all depends on how long it takes to finalize our account set ups

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Does it matter that I cancelled the account as I left the property? 

@Imogensv 

What date did you leave and have you had a final bill?

Hello @Imogensv 

Thanks for posting! Some fab advice from your fellow Community Members here - your credit is protected and will be refunded by Shell. This may be a handy read:

The fact you’d moved out, not switched away, shouldn’t matter, however if you are concerned in the new year you can contact Shell to check all is as it should be. I hope this helps! :relaxed:

@Imogensv

If you have left the property, you may need to contact Shell giving them your old and new addresses, but they should still be able to contact you via email using the information provided by PP. As said we don't know when exactly, as it all depends on how long it takes to finalize our account set ups

I contacted shell and they told me that my account didn’t exist with them and to wait for PP to deal with it! I had an email from PP over a month ago to say I would receive a final bill but am still waiting for it

Hello @Imogensv 

The best thing to do now is to contact our Member Services team and let them know what Shell have said, as here on the Community we don’t have access to your account. 

To contact the team head to ‘help’ then ‘ask a question’ in the app or on our website. You’ll get a response within 1-2 working days. 

I hope this helps!