Solved

Account Balance and says credit underneath

• 27 October 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I received my bill and when I go into balance and statements, right at the top it shows a higher balance than  what I have paid for this months bill and then underneath it says credit. I am new to Pure Plant, please can someone explain what that means? Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Strutt G 27 October 2020, 13:33

Hi KrishR90,

Each month your new monthly statement will reflect last months balance which maybe in debit or as in your current situ shows a credit - this is the starting point balance on next months statement.

So your next statements account balance (start the month in credit) will start with credit plus your DD less your usage consumption cost. The balance always changes depending on what energy used.

Its not unusual for our accounts to fluctuate between the credit and debit whilst the DD remains constant until PP review our accounts or we trigger one via the balance and payments page. Everybody’s accounts upon joining PP are in credit because we pay in advance. The account balance fluctuating is no different than any other supplier. 

Hope that assists, but listen out from other members..

Post back if anything unsure as that whats to great about this community.

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi KrishR90,

Each month your new monthly statement will reflect last months balance which maybe in debit or as in your current situ shows a credit - this is the starting point balance on next months statement.

So your next statements account balance (start the month in credit) will start with credit plus your DD less your usage consumption cost. The balance always changes depending on what energy used.

Its not unusual for our accounts to fluctuate between the credit and debit whilst the DD remains constant until PP review our accounts or we trigger one via the balance and payments page. Everybody’s accounts upon joining PP are in credit because we pay in advance. The account balance fluctuating is no different than any other supplier. 

Hope that assists, but listen out from other members..

Post back if anything unsure as that whats to great about this community.

Userlevel 1

Hi Strutt G, 

Thank you for your response, really appreciate it. 

When you say I am in credit does that mean I have used less energy? Also, will I need to pay that higher balance for next months statement? 

We have recently moved into the property and its our first bill therefore just trying to get grips with everything. I apologise for any silly questions!

Thanks,

Krish

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@KrishR90 

Month 1, pay £100 direct debit, start with £100 credit balance

Use £55 worth of energy final balance £45 credit (£100 less £55=£45)

Month 2, start with £45 credit balance but pay your next direct debit of £100 so balance is £100+£45 =£145 credit so you start with £145 credit balance

use £70 worth of energy so £145 less £70 =£75 credit balance

Month 3 Start with £75 credit balance  pay in your DD of £100 start with a balance of £175, the sun comes out you turn off the heating and only use £30 worth of energy, final balance is £175 less £30 = £145

Month 4 the beast from the east arrives, you have £145 balance, pay your DD of £100 so start with £245 but its cold so you use £200 worth of energy leaving you with £45

and so it  goes… (apologies to Tony Wilson)

Does that help or have I confuzzulated it more?

Have you been supplying readings? That’s important.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi KrishR90,

Statements are not bills...we pay by direct debit based on the usage we provided to PP.  Have you read your welcome pack email attachment as that will assist to some degree?

All account balances fluctuate whilst the direct debit remains constant...If for example your closing balance runs into debit towards the end of the colder months and is say higher than your winter direct debit then you can always ask PP for a review as advised in the balance and payments section. In my view unless the monthly closing balance runs into debit in a significant way then it all pans out as the seasons change. This is no different than any other supplier as the direct debit is an average whilst usage goes up and down. 

Userlevel 1

Haha I love this response, it makes so much sense but so much maths! 

Yes, so when we moved in we provided the meter readings. The previous owner was with another provider who was extortionately expensive, so don't know if the previous owners would have had an impact on my current statement.

Userlevel 1

Hi Strutt G, 

Yes I have read the welcome pack and it provides a detailed monthly payments. 

Oh I see, so the payments stay the same subject to PP's 6 monthly review.  

At the moment I pay around £60 for cold months and the account balance that came up was around  £92 but says credit, hence I got a little worried of how much energy and gas I am using. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sorry as another member will no doubt respond and offer more clarity so look out for more feedback.

On your statement you will see your estimated usage change each month. I found after 12 months with PP that is was spot on. Just make sure you are sending your meter readings which you can do as often as you like. Most peeps do it when prompted 3 days in advance of the statement date. Or the geeks send it on the statement date so the 3 days are not estimated which makes no difference month to month.

Keep posting stuff and members will respond on how the PP’s nuts an bolts work.

Its fun for some..ha ha

Or the geeks send it on the statement date so the 3 days are not estimated which makes no difference month to month.

I am most definitely not ‘a geek.’ :astonished:
‘He’s a procrastinator’ would be a far more honest explanation as to why I send my meter readings on the day.  :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have OCD or at least that’s my excuse...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Or the geeks send it on the statement date so the 3 days are not estimated which makes no difference month to month.

I am most definitely not ‘a geek.’ :astonished:
‘He’s a procrastinator’ would be a far more honest explanation as to why I send my meter readings on the day.  :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ha ha aha - I send mine on statement date and I’m neither a geek or either I think.. but a least you know and thats important. I feel guilty about procrastinating, but do it all too often which is a dilemma.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I worked on getting some OCD traits and it proved successful.