Solved

£900 Bill

• 15 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Just been hit with a £900 bill! Never been in that arrears ever. Cannot seem to get any support to have this reviewed. keep getting that Whatbot on the app which is a complete waste of time. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by leigh26670 15 December 2021, 11:01

View original

3 replies

Badge +5

@leigh26670 As often said in Dad’s Army “Don’t Panic”l First check your statement and in particular the meter reading on your meters. The last reading on the bill should.not be too far away from what the meter says. If it is then you need to raise the problem through the app.

But first satisfy yourself if you can about the accuracy of the reading shown in the bill by looking at previous statements. If you have not got old statements they are accessible in the app - I have just checked and they still appear. Better to do this sort of research first to satisfy yourself there is an error at the Pure Planet end. Often is the case we can solve our issues ourselves by a little digging around.

Once satisfied the problem is not your end go into the help function in the app to seek assistance with the problem. It is crucial you start your message with the words “message the team”. That bypasses the bot and gets to a human who will respond in about 2 to 3 days, often much sooner.  If you have identified the error, outline that in your request for help.

If the bill is right and something has gone wrong with your payment system and now finances are not good to meet it all in one go, do ensure you ask Pure Planet for help and usually a payment plan can be sorted.

Hopefully the bill is wrong and just needs recalculating.

Cheers - I have managed to download all my statements for this year. I can now assess them and determine what has happened. Might well be an oversight on my part!

Cheers - I have managed to download all my statements for this year. I can now assess them and determine what has happened. Might well be an oversight on my part!

Hi Leigh, I suspect that incorrect estimated final meter readings have been used. 

I had a similar issue myself, my final gas usage was estimated to be over 1000x times what it was. I’ve just received an updated bill now, so going through that with a fine toothcomb.