Your favourite cheese 🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🐭

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 15659 replies
Fancy another fun poll? Here goes! Which would be your favourite cheese?

Let everyone know your favourite cheese!

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
A nice chunk of brie on my burger bit of greenery in a soft seeded bap.
Great now im craving one.
Userlevel 5
I like Super strong Vintage gratted Cheddar on homemade Spag Bol or Tuna Pasta Bake. Yumm!!!

My other fave cheese is melted Brie with breadstix dipped in, makes a lovely Dinner or snack mid aft or mid evening.
Userlevel 6
Port & Stilton, god bless you (and the indigestion) 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Bev

I feel the need for an 'all of the above' option. Delighted to consume large amounts of hard cheeses ( cheddars), soft edible rinds (bries), blue cheeses (mature stilton/danish), flavoured cheeses (mexicana, smoked, garlic, cracked black pepper).Quite a big fan of cornish yarg too.
Big cheese fan, quite literally.

- - - Updated - - -

Having just spotted the port and stilton Gil, have you tried Stilton dip? Get a french baguette sliced into chunks, best length ways. Cut mature stilton and place it onto the bread. Then heat in a warm oven until cheese melts over bread and it becomes a bit crisp. At same time warm some port in a ramakin dish or alike and when both are finished literally as the name suggest dip the stilton on the bread into the warm port. Lovely clash of salty and sweet.. Often used it as a dinner party starter.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
You are making me way too hungry Dasp! Salivating here! I’m massive lover of cheese 🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀, always veggie of course, but so much choice nowadays 👍👏, your Stilton dip sounds divine 🧀🥖🍷!

Hey thanks for awakening this thread, it was one of my first pollys 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
So difficult to choose ONE cheese, I ticked Stilton and now I'm struggling..

I'm not a vegan, but today tried a plant based burger at Honest Burger.
Very good!
Badge +3
I'm a traditional kind of fella and love Cheddar and a white crumbly white chesire. But I'll try most stuff (not keen on Stilton though)

Black Cheddar is new to me - I would like to try that soon 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Was doing soooooooooooo well towards my aim of going fully vegan, around 95% there now. Well, I was 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄, but ended up being too tempted by veggie French Brie in supermarket today. Damn. I blame Nadiya 😂😂😂😂😂, she was on last night 🖥, cooking with it, and it just looked too too too tempting 🧀🧀🧀💕

One of my favourite treats is baked camembert with a warm baguette. I stick rosemary and garlic into mine with a drizzle of olive oil on top, before putting it in the oven. For me there is nothing better. :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Wow 😳, who knew this fab polly would re-emerge two years on, hee hee hee! Fab, thanks Mads 👍🤣🧀. 

Think this was one of my first pollys! 

With the exception of the garleeky 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮, I’d say your combo sounds pretty much perfect, with the kiss of olive oil soooooooooo giving it that extra taste of gorgeousness. 

I had purely 🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀for lunch 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Not ideal, but all I fancied. Medley of different veggie cheeses, really tasty it was. 

Well now you’ve dipped your toe into the pollys, Mads, and it’s only week two for you, I think they’ll be keeping you 👍👏👏👏👏🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yum yum...Ok good thread cheesy combo sandwich snacks.

Warm Ciabatta, with shaved good quality parmesan, rocket, ripe toms with olive oil, a little balsamic and black pepper.

Sough-dough (Gails San Francisco) bread Sandwich, butter optional. Filled with grated mature cheddar cheese, grated carrot, a little chopped spring onion, a little corriander, black pepper bound with mayonnaise and tad of english mustard. (Chopped spring onions soaked in a little white vinegar before mixing to soften the flavours).

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ooooh Strutty, salivating 😳😳😳😳😳😳😝😝😝😝😝Mmmmmmm especially the sourdough bread and the springies in vinegar, soooooooooo agree 👍👍👍👍💕

Adore the ciabatta combo deffo. All those things, spot on, very yummy indeed! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

How did I ever miss this thread??? Cheese, nom nom.

We have a fabulous cheeseshop here in the Pool called the Liverpool Cheese Company. It is the shop of cheese dreams.

I don’t do blue cheeses :nauseated_face:  but I highly recommend Gjetost, Cotherstone and charcoal cheese. Can’t wait for my wednesday night cheese and crackers with my pal now, mmmm!! I may have to send weekly pictures of our weekly tv and cheese extravaganzas

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I think I started it way before you joined our Nanny. You’re still the new girl here bless 👍😉😉😉

I think we deffo need added pictures to this thread, deffo 👍👍👍🧀🧀🧀💕. I really love blue if veggie and most are 👍. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

New girl!? Do you mind @Bev !?  I’ve been a community member since June 2018 :joy::joy:  To be fair I was pretty slow to properly get going on here.

I will most definitely post some pictures, especially of the shop. Honestly, I salivate when I go in. They even have a cheese school, I kid you not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee hee hee, no lie our Nanny, on life, I was LOL as I typed “new girl” thinking watch our Nanny come right back at me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣and you rightly did ya bugger 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍. 

I distinctly remember you introducing us all to your fab eco friendly sites, which has grown in popularity 👍👍👍, but now you join in all the fab fun of course 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏, but yes, you’ve nearly been here same amount of time as me then, in fact. 

That shop sounds bloomin fantastic 👍👍👍👍👍👍. Now you've promoted them, they should give you some free tasters tomoz 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ooooohh! Ya got me @Bev ya big wind up. Watch it, I chase knife wielding crazies down the road AND I’m menopausal (allt he blokes at this point stick their fingers in their ears and start singing LALALALALALALALALA very loudly)

I shall be sure to tell them tomorrow that Bev said I should have free tasters. Not sure it will work though. They sell beaut fruit wines and all manner of cheese relishes too. I think they do a couple of markets but only within the NW region.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You wanted pictures? Pictures you shall have. Can’t believe that one of the lovely ladies who works in The Liverpool Cheese Company is also a PP member but I can’t remember her username (she only told me 3 times!!)

I have been instructed to tell you allt hat they can post their cheeses out to anywhere so definitely check them out https://liverpoolcheesecompany.com/

You wouldn’t knnow it but we are smiling behind those masks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh wow our Nanny! Doesn’t it look impressive! 😳😳😳👍👍👍🧀🧀🧀🧀, and how spooky re one of the ladies being a PP member 🤣👍👏. Fab photos! Thanks Nan! 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Absolutely @Bev, we had a great gab. I think she said her username was helipadhair1 but I can’t find it, but then she did say she doesn’t really get time to do the forums

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah I can imagine it’s a busy busy busy business, but really wonderful, bet she gets soooooo sick of cheese sometimes mind! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

She’d actually be good for our little spotlight feature 👍💡

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Possibly. She might have to check it out with the owners although I can’t see them turning down free publicity :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yum yum...Ok good thread cheesy combo sandwich snacks.

Warm Ciabatta, with shaved good quality parmesan, rocket, ripe toms with olive oil, a little balsamic and black pepper.

Sough-dough (Gails San Francisco) bread Sandwich, butter optional. Filled with grated mature cheddar cheese, grated carrot, a little chopped spring onion, a little corriander, black pepper bound with mayonnaise and tad of english mustard. (Chopped spring onions soaked in a little white vinegar before mixing to soften the flavours).

Got some gorgeous fresh sourdough 🍞this morning, so will try the top recipe our Strutty, replacing the ciabatta with the sourdough, and I’ve got either halloumi, feta or veggie mature for the 🧀🧀🧀. Got some lovely rocket 🚀, baby vine 🍅🍅🍅🍅, and already got the rest in, yes shall try that today for sure 👍👍👍👍👍👍😜

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It will be something else…but its all about inspiration…so yummy.

I would not usually use Parmesan for a sandwich, but its the combo of the warm light dough consistency of the Ciabatta with thin a crispy crust...spotted with a little olive oil, lined preferably with the bitter tones of rocket (or baby spinach), finely shaved parmesan, a little spotting of a good balsamic, sweet ripe tomatoes and another drizzle of olive oil.