World Cup 2018 - Who will win it? How will England get on? Do you care?

• Community Manager
  • 5662 replies

Yes it's that time again. Several weeks of wall-to-wall football as the World Cup takes place.

Who will you be supporting? If, like me, you pick a second team (after England or one of the 'home nations' are eliminated) who are you backing to win the trophy?

And, the biggest question of them all - do you prefer BBC or ITV coverage?!

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Goood griefff. Yes it that time again. Now if we were watching the womens world cup i think england could win it. However england men sadly i feel the lack of goals will let us down again.
So im cheering on australia (my brother is from geelong)not that they will be any better.
Winning picks outsiders Belgium or germany.
Watch on bbc with 5live commentry on itv with the sound turned down.aghhh glenn hoddle i truly wish elon musk tried to put him into a mars orbit instead of wasting a perfectly good roadster.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Forget the ⚽️🙄, it’s Wimbledon in three weeks 🎾😎🍓👏!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Bev;7233:
Forget the ⚽️🙄, it’s Wimbledon in three weeks 🎾😎🍓👏!

And thats the countdown started.here comes the rain and robinsons barley water adverts.
Jon1;7229:
Goood griefff. Yes it that time again. Now if we were watching the womens world cup i think england could win it. However england men sadly i feel the lack of goals will let us down again.
So im cheering on australia (my brother is from geelong)not that they will be any better.
Winning picks outsiders Belgium or germany.
Watch on bbc with 5live commentry on itv with the sound turned down.aghhh glenn hoddle i truly wish elon musk tried to put him into a mars orbit instead of wasting a perfectly good roadster.

Australia no chance @Jon1 but I'm sure they'll enjoy the ride
Belgium eh? We heard it here first!
I'm going with France 🥐
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
My top picks for winner this year are :

- Brazil
- Germany
- Belgium
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Sorry all bets are off.
Surly a managerless SPAIN have got to be favourites.
Jon1;7249:
Sorry all bets are off.
Surly a managerless SPAIN have got to be favourites.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Know I have zero interest in ⚽️BUT I do adore crisps and the new limited edition World Cup Pringles are to die for! They are Chips and Curry flavour, and beyond divine!

PS Wimbledon starts Monday! Just saying!
Bev;7683:
Know I have zero interest in ⚽️BUT I do adore crisps and the new limited edition World Cup Pringles are to die for! They are Chips and Curry flavour, and beyond divine!

PS Wimbledon starts Monday! Just saying!

Who's going to win Wimbledon @Bev ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
My bet (just in my head for fun) is;

Ladies champion ....... Serena Williams

Mens champion ........ Rafa Nadel
Did anyone see South Korea beat Germany yesterday? Wow! Amazing five minutes of football at the end! :eek:
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;7737:
Did anyone see South Korea beat Germany yesterday?

No 🙂
Bev;7769:
No :)

;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Murray withdrawn:(:(:(. Ongoing hip rehab. Disappointing
I've just remembered I got Colombia in the office sweepstake, and they're playing England tomorrow! Who to support?!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I think you should go with your ❤ not your wallet Marc, so it’s a no brainer. Easier solution tho, just watch Wimbledon instead!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
OK, I DID watch the penalties! (Only cos Wim has finished hee). I did LOL re “Wrighty’s lost his glasses!” Hilarious!
Well, that was emotional :p
England win a penalty shoot-out?!
Surely this now means the World Cup is in the bag? :D:foldedhands:
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
It’s certainly looking that way after yesterday! Getting closer!
I've got an earworm. Can't get rid of it....

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I would love it to be true.....but sadly im sticking to my original projection of Belgium
Jon1;8205:
I would love it to be true.....but sadly im sticking to my original projection of Belgium

We’ll find out tonight if they’re as good as you think! ⚽️💪😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I know it’s all over but we had a Gary Linekar lookalikey in work today, fixing the CCTV 😃! Told him he was Gary’s double, said he often gets told that and wished he earned as much! 😉