With salons opening again, if they fully comply with guidelines, will you be getting a haircut? 💇‍♀️💇‍♂️🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 11342 replies

So, from Saturday 4th July, salons can reopen their doors, if they follow a strict booking system, wear 😷😷😷, and fully socially distance, with one out, one in.

Is it too soon to go for a well needed haircut? 💇‍♂️💇‍♀️

53 replies

So, here’s how it went.

First, I had to book. No more waiting in turn while leafing through magazines.

I was temperature checked at the door - got the all clear! Had to wear a mask of course, and grab a squirt of hand gel.

The scissors/combs were disinfected a few times throught. At the end I wasn’t allowed to move - they brought the tap-to-pay machine to me.

Slightly weird, but good to feel the wind in my ears again!! :joy:

My haircut selfie (pre cut)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My turn today, not salon but home visit from my trusted friend. First thing in the morning I look like “The Professor “ from back to the future 🤪🤪. Things can only get better 👍👍

Since I’m sure you’re all just dying to see! :nerd::joy:

Before...
After!

I walked in and said chop it all off please. So the hairdresser stood me up, got out some clippers, and went right along my hair with them to take off a good 5 inches or so. I think my face was like this > :fearful:  but I did want it gone so!

It was a good experience overall I must say, though it was odd being in the hairdressers with none of them chatting away like they usually would. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Good search facility helped me find this immediately, just saying 💇‍♀️👍👍👍👍

Judt to say, my hairs looking like Thomas Shackenacker today 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣#needhaircut

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My tight ass policy of cutting me own continues so no need to worry, im more concerned as to when i feel confident enough to go out for lunch. Not there yet.

Popped into my local barbers earlier. Two staff hanging around bored waiting for their next appointment, but looked at my head and said they couldn’t sort it before their next booking.

Wow, shaggy or what? 👨‍🦱

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Last time I went to the barbers, they wanted £5 for cutting it and £10 for the search fee.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Wife offered but insisted on using hedge trimmer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No, I  won't be going to the Hairdresser for quite some time.  My last hair cut was in January and I had an appointment for 26th March, but never got there due to the lockdown,  so yes I am supporting the Afghan Hound look and will probably stay that way for a while.

Oh no @Bev! I had to find a new hairdresser this year, took the plunge and went with a place down my road. My new hairdresser is absolutely lovely. I was with her for 5 hours for full head of highlights and a trim (and a good natter)!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Five hours !!!!!!!!!!!!! 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

Oh Mads, that’d be torture for me! OMG I find it hard to sit five minutes, never mind five hours!!!!!!!!!! OMG 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Is nice to get professional highlights tho, indeed 👍

Soooooooo lovely when you hit it off instantly tho with a 💇‍♀️, and that was how I used to find mine too, so never minded going. Conversation never forced, just flowed. Thought of starting again with a new one, not appealing at all. May stick with me clippers and hats 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Fine thru winter. Not so easy now good weather's here of course 😁

I know a very very long time! My hairdresser used to work on London fashion week so she had plenty of amazing stories to tell me to pass the time. 

It was my first professional job in a while (of course due to COVID), and I forgot how amazing it feels when they wash your hair! Never feels the same doing it yourself, so relaxing. :massage:

Badge +2

Noooooo! ! Happy with lockdown hair for now. 🍍 Yes, I do slightly resemble a pineapple 🤭

Lucky Jo 🍀

Badge +3

Yes, booked in for 1st August. I keep getting called homeless and scruffy

Who’s scruffy looking?!

Our hairdresser, who is also a friend who has built up her own business needs are support, we are all desperate for haircuts and the salon has strict measures in place including compulsary wearing of facemasks etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Luckily I don’t have this problem and just get the clippers out once a week.

Sometimes I find a renegade follicle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

So bought some hairdressing scissors / clippers kit, and finally did my own hair this aft! Scary as it was thick and curly, but it’ll be fine for lockdown til it grows a bit! 

#needlotsofhats

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Back in the day, I would try and get a trim every 6/7 weeks. So not too difficult to imagine the length of hair that will confront my barber as and when. (Pseudo gonk type length).As it has been well over x2 of my usual intervals been cuts another few days, so for his sake I will give it another week or so allowing queues to ease, hopefully.

I’m still pre-lockdown hair (well of course with nearly 4 months of growth!). I’m going to get it chopped again ASAP by my favourite stylist. Cue long wait. I look like I’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards! 🤣

@Daspy I’m sure haircuts at the moment are taking a bit longer than usual, as barbers in particular are probably having to chop off a lot more hair than usual :laughing:  

Our local are actually finding it much easier now they have an appointments-only system in place, instead of the old walk-in system, as they know their schedules and when to go on breaks etc much better now, so I think post-COVID will see some permanent changes :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sorry our bev not been anywhere just had a few issues and special jobs to do in the last 2 weeks. Nearly all sorted tuesday hopefully will see an end to recent issues. 

Still trying to work my way around the newbie site seems a bit harder to navigate but maybe coz my brain is elsewhere its not helping me much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yeah, it is quite different to the previous site, but just over a week now, and think we’re getting more used to it. You’ll be whizzing around it all in no time our Jonny 🏎💥👍👏

Great poll @Bev - we’ve been debating this in our house all week! Everyone seems to feel differently about it.

The guys are desperate to get their hair cut… I think they’re going to the local barber next week, they’ll only have 2 people in at a time and will be wearing visors etc. I think that’s as safe as it’ll get for quite a while… 

My mum is also going to the hairdressers in a couple of weeks time. 

I think I’m going to hold off for now though! :sweat_smile:

Do you think you’ll go for a haircut soon @Bev? Maybe once double jabbed? :smiley:

Getting it all chopped off felt reaaally good I have to say. Goodbye split ends...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

That was my plan our Nat, as have had both now, indeed 💉💉

But would you believe, my salons closed down. The manager did my locks 💇‍♀️and he was soooooo good, with couple of girls renting chairs but always different every time I went, so I always stuck to him, but he’s had to close. Didn’t survive the lockdown. So sad. 

@Bev I have to say I caved over the weekend and have booked in for next week, at the same place I’ve been going for years, so will be nice to support them. 

It does sound like the measures are really strict, too, so we’ll see! :fingers_crossed: