With salons opening again, if they fully comply with guidelines, will you be getting a haircut? 💇‍♀️💇‍♂️🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 5089 replies

So, from Saturday 4th July, salons can reopen their doors, if they follow a strict booking system, wear 😷😷😷, and fully socially distance, with one out, one in.

Is it too soon to go for a well needed haircut? 💇‍♂️💇‍♀️

47 replies

I’ve not been to the barbers since February! DIY since then.

I popped in in June and they laughed at me and said I’d have to book in for such a big job. Ready to get my shears out again soon...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No way, Lucky Jo, no way! Good job we’re in lockdown so it’s got time to grow, eeeek! Plus it’s winter so hats are the norm, phew! Noones seeing this bugger 😧

Badge +1

@Bev Picture please Bev !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So bought some hairdressing scissors / clippers kit, and finally did my own hair this aft! Scary as it was thick and curly, but it’ll be fine for lockdown til it grows a bit! 

#needlotsofhats

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As I still haven’t ventured to the salon yet, my locks are just getting wilder and wilder. Spotted this little beauty yesterday and it’s sooooooooooo nice 👍👏. Just three minutes, and it’s turned the thick wild knotty locks into silk 🙀👍👏👏👏👏👏👏

sooooo wish this image caption wouldn’t keep disappearing on me 👎😟😟😟

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

DIY. A COVID cut once a week. I bought some clippers a few weeks back and set to work. Not difficult once you get used to not seeing what you are doing! Mind you I am follicly challenged anyway.

Surprised my hairdresser has not rung. Used to be every 10 weeks, cost me nowt, known him for years. My COVID cut does mean I need a little more sun cream on my pate.

Going to hairdressers wouldn’t bother me at all. Got a survey from YouGov the other day wherein they asked how worried I was about catching the virus. My answer was not bothered at all. That does not mean one does not take care but an awful lot go overboard with their anxiety when they don’t have to. The anxiety about catching it will probably do them more harm. Some though, because of their health must take care although the percentages of those who have had it and/or died compared to the size of the population are not that high. Just be sensible! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Badge +1

I cut my own,  abit lopsided but hey ho.  I gave the money I saved to a charity...  It felt good to do that.  Turns out I don't need a straight Bob anyway..  No one cares 😂😂😂

Badge +1

Since I’m sure you’re all just dying to see! :nerd::joy:

Before...
After!

I walked in and said chop it all off please. So the hairdresser stood me up, got out some clippers, and went right along my hair with them to take off a good 5 inches or so. I think my face was like this > :fearful:  but I did want it gone so!

It was a good experience overall I must say, though it was odd being in the hairdressers with none of them chatting away like they usually would. 

Love it 😍  

Badge +1

So, here’s how it went.

First, I had to book. No more waiting in turn while leafing through magazines.

I was temperature checked at the door - got the all clear! Had to wear a mask of course, and grab a squirt of hand gel.

The scissors/combs were disinfected a few times throught. At the end I wasn’t allowed to move - they brought the tap-to-pay machine to me.

Slightly weird, but good to feel the wind in my ears again!! :joy:

My haircut selfie (pre cut)

There's a cheeky nude behind you Marc 😂😂😂😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I hope that’s the case Nat. Only this weekend I’ve heard of three different people in totally different areas and countries even,, being contacted and told to isolate as been in contact with someone testing positive, 

Hey @Bev 

I imagine it’ll be similar to how restaurants and pubs are doing it, where if you’re a walk-in they collect your basic info once you’re there (name, address, phone number) and have to keep it on record for 2-4 weeks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So, had an email from my salon to say he’s going back to “Walk in” from tomorrow like he did pre lockdown. NO APPOINTMENT necessary, He’s done two weeks of taking bookings. Seems way too soon IMO, and how’s that gonna work with Track n Trace now he’s no longer taking any details?! Nah, way too soon IMO. 

I’m still pre-lockdown hair (well of course with nearly 4 months of growth!). I’m going to get it chopped again ASAP by my favourite stylist. Cue long wait. I look like I’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards! 🤣

Aww thank you @Bev !:relaxed: Feels good to get it all chopped!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That looks really lovely, seriously good cut and looks sooooooo glossy and thick 👍👍👍💇‍♀️👏👏👏

Since I’m sure you’re all just dying to see! :nerd::joy:

Before...
After!

I walked in and said chop it all off please. So the hairdresser stood me up, got out some clippers, and went right along my hair with them to take off a good 5 inches or so. I think my face was like this > :fearful:  but I did want it gone so!

It was a good experience overall I must say, though it was odd being in the hairdressers with none of them chatting away like they usually would. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My turn today, not salon but home visit from my trusted friend. First thing in the morning I look like “The Professor “ from back to the future 🤪🤪. Things can only get better 👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I tend to always take a before and after, our Jonny, but to share? Prob not! 😂😂😂😂

Not sure I’m keen on that photo in front of the mirror Marc! 🙀😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Marc only has one concern now,  will it grow back ? Its something us men have to consider when having a big cut.

Will bev be posting a precut photo ???

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To me, it sounds like salons are complying the best of the lot 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏. Absolutely how it SHOULD. be, and totally what you’d expect. Supermarkets abide to a degree, but feels more like a tickbox, as trolleys not sanitised till you’ve held them in the queue 🙄🙄, and pay machine keypad never cleaned! Just makes no sense. 

From what I can see, hair salons putting everyone else to shame 👍👍👍👍👍🥇

Think you’ve tempted me to book, Marc 👍👏

PS can I just say if I may, I nearly missed this post! I always do the WYWA, and on life this did not appear. By chance, I went into off topic, and saw the hair thread in bold, showing “1 new”. I thought bugger me ya bugger, how did that happen? But it did! 🙀💇‍♂️

So, here’s how it went.

First, I had to book. No more waiting in turn while leafing through magazines.

I was temperature checked at the door - got the all clear! Had to wear a mask of course, and grab a squirt of hand gel.

The scissors/combs were disinfected a few times throught. At the end I wasn’t allowed to move - they brought the tap-to-pay machine to me.

Slightly weird, but good to feel the wind in my ears again!! :joy:

My haircut selfie (pre cut)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m still not sure eek. I can see from the salons website it’s doing everything and more 👍👏👍👏to comply, but I’m still a bit hesitant to book yet, even tho I can’t see a thing thru my fringe! 

Ive got the FFP3 mask with strings that go round the back of head rather than ears, so I’m worried he’ll chop then off! (The strings, not my 👂👂!) 😂😂😂😂😂

Ive ordered a second 😷with loops, so when that comes, I may book and be brave. Glad ordered when did as there’ll be mad panic for masks now, it’ll be Andrexgate all over again 😂😂😂😂

Today’s the day! My first proper haircut since early March. :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Wife offered but insisted on using hedge trimmer.