With salons opening again, if they fully comply with guidelines, will you be getting a haircut? 💇‍♀️💇‍♂️🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Expert
  • 13679 replies

So, from Saturday 4th July, salons can reopen their doors, if they follow a strict booking system, wear 😷😷😷, and fully socially distance, with one out, one in.

Is it too soon to go for a well needed haircut? 💇‍♂️💇‍♀️

58 replies

Oh no @Bev! I had to find a new hairdresser this year, took the plunge and went with a place down my road. My new hairdresser is absolutely lovely. I was with her for 5 hours for full head of highlights and a trim (and a good natter)!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Five hours !!!!!!!!!!!!! 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

Oh Mads, that’d be torture for me! OMG I find it hard to sit five minutes, never mind five hours!!!!!!!!!! OMG 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Is nice to get professional highlights tho, indeed 👍

Soooooooo lovely when you hit it off instantly tho with a 💇‍♀️, and that was how I used to find mine too, so never minded going. Conversation never forced, just flowed. Thought of starting again with a new one, not appealing at all. May stick with me clippers and hats 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Fine thru winter. Not so easy now good weather's here of course 😁

I know a very very long time! My hairdresser used to work on London fashion week so she had plenty of amazing stories to tell me to pass the time. 

It was my first professional job in a while (of course due to COVID), and I forgot how amazing it feels when they wash your hair! Never feels the same doing it yourself, so relaxing. :massage:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Bit random, but this is a nice conditioning mask 👍👍👍👏

Quite a strong fragrance but lovely and creamy not oily👍👏

Just did another DIY cut this morning! Bit random, but not been to the Barbers since Feb 2020!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am LOL but I’m same. My stylist closed down so not been professionally since Sept 2019. Shocking. I bet you made an equally good job of it yourself our Notes! You’ll have to get the hair mask above 🤣🤣🤣

I last had a professional haircut in January 2020. I picked up Covid from him! Can’t complain, he never used to charge me and I have known him for years. By May of last year I gave in and bought some clippers. I now have a Covid cut - 6mm - and tidy it once a week. At first, when I looked in the mirror, I thought all I needed was to be holding my prison number across my chest. One oddity. I trim my beard with the same shears, same length yet my beard always seems longer than the little that grows up top.

Just realised I tell a lie. Whilst my head hair was cut in January 2020 I went into hospital at the end of February 2020 for a hernia op and when I woke found somebody had given me a haircut!!!😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍