With salons opening again, if they fully comply with guidelines, will you be getting a haircut? 💇‍♀️💇‍♂️🤷‍♀️

Show first post

58 replies

Badge +3

Yes, booked in for 1st August. I keep getting called homeless and scruffy

Who’s scruffy looking?!

Our hairdresser, who is also a friend who has built up her own business needs are support, we are all desperate for haircuts and the salon has strict measures in place including compulsary wearing of facemasks etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks Jo 👍👏

I was dead against it, but over the weekend, I’m hearing some of my friends have booked, and the strict strict rules seem to be being followed to the letter. They’re being told there’s to be no talking, you have to write down what you want doing or take a photo 📖📸, you must wear a 😷, not touch anything in the salon, use sanitiser, and pay with Contactless 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏. It’s also one in, one out.

What I’m starting to think now, is this is exactly what you’d want, what you’d expect during such a pandemic 👍👏, so maybe this’d be the SAFEST time to go in fact? 🤷‍♀️. What’s to stay, as weeks and months go by, they’ll start getting blasé and cutting corners? 

My theory, was wait and see how the stats pan out, but whilst the figs are relatively low, and rules so so so strict, maybe I need to look at it at a slightly different angle? Not sure, not sure. Tricky one. 

Badge +2

Noooooo! ! Happy with lockdown hair for now. 🍍 Yes, I do slightly resemble a pineapple 🤭

Lucky Jo 🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Me too Nat, way too risky yet. I’ll decide in few weeks time, once seen the stats as everything begins reopening. Way too soon yet to know how it’ll pan out. 

Great poll @Bev - we’ve been debating this in our house all week! Everyone seems to feel differently about it.

The guys are desperate to get their hair cut… I think they’re going to the local barber next week, they’ll only have 2 people in at a time and will be wearing visors etc. I think that’s as safe as it’ll get for quite a while… 

My mum is also going to the hairdressers in a couple of weeks time. 

I think I’m going to hold off for now though! :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

LOL Scuba! Soooooo with you! Afghan hounds rule! 😂😂😂😂😂. Mine is sooooooo wild! Grows OUT rather than down, as sooooooo thick and wavy. Can’t see a thing with fringe, so just put towelling thick band on indoors 👍but nightmare if go out, especially with 😷on too! Whole face totally covered 😂😂😂😂😂😂(not a bad thing!) 😂😂😂😂😂

Great option Ange 👍👍👍👍, make sure she puts her 😷on tho!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No, I  won't be going to the Hairdresser for quite some time.  My last hair cut was in January and I had an appointment for 26th March, but never got there due to the lockdown,  so yes I am supporting the Afghan Hound look and will probably stay that way for a while.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'm lucky Bev, my hair dresser comes to my house. Got her booked in for next Wed. Can't wait! 🤯💇‍♂️