With salons opening again, if they fully comply with guidelines, will you be getting a haircut? ๐Ÿ’‡โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’‡โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Show first post

58 replies

Badge +2

So, hereโ€™s how it went.

First, I had to book. No more waiting in turn while leafing through magazines.

I was temperature checked at the door - got the all clear! Had to wear a mask of course, and grab a squirt of hand gel.

The scissors/combs were disinfected a few times throught. At the end I wasnโ€™t allowed to move - they brought the tap-to-pay machine to me.

Slightly weird, but good to feel the wind in my ears again!!ย :joy:

My haircut selfie (pre cut)

ย 

There's a cheeky nude behind you Marc ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Badge +2

Since Iโ€™m sure youโ€™re all just dying to see!ย :nerd::joy:

Before...
After!

I walked in and said chop it all off please. So the hairdresser stood me up, got out some clippers, and went right along my hair with them to take off a good 5 inches or so. I think my face was like this >ย :fearful: ย but I did want it gone so!

It was a good experience overall I must say, though it was odd being in theย hairdressers with none of them chatting away like they usually would.ย 

Love it ๐Ÿ˜ย ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I was quite concerned to see on the TV that so many people were wearing Visors but no mask.ย  Surely if you are lying in the chair having your hair washed and the hairdresser, who may be infected with Covid-19, coughs, then the virus will be directed straight down into your face!!!ย  I definitely will not be going near a hairdresser if they think that is adequate measures!!

Badge +2

I cut my own,ย  abit lopsided but hey ho.ย  I gave the money I saved to a charity...ย  It felt good to do that.ย  Turns out I don't need a straight Bob anyway..ย  No one cares ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

As I still havenโ€™t ventured to the salon yet, my locks are just getting wilder and wilder. Spotted this little beauty yesterday and itโ€™s sooooooooooo nice ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Just three minutes, and itโ€™s turned the thick wild knotty locks into silk ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

sooooo wish this image caption wouldnโ€™t keep disappearing on me ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, as you say @Bevย , just a tick box exercise!ย  I won't be going very far for quite some time.ย  Quite happy to suffer my fringe behind my ear for now ๐Ÿ˜‚

Todayโ€™s the day! My first proper haircut since early March.ย :sweat_smile:

Iโ€™ve not been to the barbers since February!ย DIY since then.

I popped in in June and they laughed at me and said Iโ€™d have to book in for such a big job. Ready to get my shears out again soon...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Iโ€™m still not sure eek. I can see from the salons website itโ€™s doing everything and more ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘to comply, but Iโ€™m still a bit hesitant to book yet, even tho I canโ€™t see a thing thru my fringe!ย 

Ive got the FFP3 mask with strings that go round the back of head rather than ears, so Iโ€™m worried heโ€™ll chop then off! (The strings, not my ๐Ÿ‘‚๐Ÿ‘‚!) ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Ive ordered a second ๐Ÿ˜ทwith loops, so when that comes, I may book and be brave. Glad ordered when did as thereโ€™ll be mad panic for masks now, itโ€™ll be Andrexgate all over again ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I last had a professional haircut in January 2020. I picked up Covid from him! Canโ€™t complain, he never used to charge me and I have known him for years. By May of last year I gaveย in and bought some clippers. I now have a Covid cut - 6mm - and tidy itย once a week. At first, when I looked in the mirror,ย I thought all I needed was to be holding my prison number across my chest. One oddity. I trim my beard with the same shears, same length yet my beard always seems longer than the little that grows up top.

Just realised I tell a lie. Whilst my head hair was cut in January 2020 I went into hospital at the endย of February 2020 for a hernia op and when I woke found somebody had given me a haircut!!!๐Ÿ˜€

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Marc only has one concern now,ย  will it grow back ? Its something us men have to consider when having a big cut.

Will bev be postingย a precut photo ???

Aww thank you @Bevย !:relaxed: Feels good to get it all chopped!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

And now gyms are due to open shortly. Way way way too soon. Iโ€™m firmly sticking to essential food shopping only still, with me ๐Ÿ˜ท, sanitiser, and distancing ๐Ÿ‘.ย 

Hey welcome back our Jonny ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, you missed the official opening of the new platty ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'm lucky Bev, my hair dresser comes to my house. Got her booked in for next Wed. Can't wait! ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿ’‡โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

LOL Scuba! Soooooo with you! Afghan hounds rule! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Mine is sooooooo wild! Grows OUT rather than down, as sooooooo thick and wavy. Canโ€™t see a thing with fringe, so just put towelling thick band onย indoors ๐Ÿ‘but nightmare if go out, especially with ๐Ÿ˜ทon too! Whole face totally covered ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚(not a bad thing!) ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Great option Ange ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, make sure she puts her ๐Ÿ˜ทon tho!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks Jo ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I was dead against it, but over the weekend, Iโ€™m hearing some of my friends have booked, and the strict strict rules seem to be being followed to the letter. Theyโ€™re being told thereโ€™s to be no talking, you have to write down what you want doing or take a photo ๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ธ, you must wear a ๐Ÿ˜ท, not touch anything in the salon, use sanitiser, and pay with Contactless ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Itโ€™s also one in, one out.

What Iโ€™m starting to think now, is this is exactlyย what youโ€™d want, what youโ€™d expect during such a pandemic ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, so maybe thisโ€™d be the SAFEST time to go in fact? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ. Whatโ€™s to stay, as weeks and months go by, theyโ€™ll start getting blasรฉ and cutting corners?ย 

My theory, was wait and see how the stats pan out, but whilst the figs are relatively low, and rules so so so strict, maybe I need to look at it atย a slightly different angle? Not sure, not sure. Tricky one.ย 

Just did another DIY cut this morning! Bit random, but not been to the Barbers since Feb 2020!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am LOL but Iโ€™m same. My stylist closed down so not been professionally since Sept 2019. Shocking. I bet you made an equally good job of it yourself our Notes! Youโ€™ll have to get the hair mask above ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I almost caved yesterday, Iย must admit, especially after hearing the strict strict ultra strict rules! As I was emailing my stylist tho, on life my iPad crashed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, it was like a sign, saying no no no, not yet! So I havenโ€™t! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Heyย @Bevย 

I imagine itโ€™ll be similar to how restaurants and pubs are doing it, where if youโ€™reย a walk-in they collect your basic info once youโ€™re there (name, address, phone number) and have to keep it on record for 2-4 weeks!ย 

Badge +2

@Bevย Picture pleaseย Bev !!

ย 

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No way, Lucky Jo, no way! Good job weโ€™re in lockdown so itโ€™s got time to grow, eeeek! Plus itโ€™s winter so hats are the norm, phew! Noones seeing this bugger ๐Ÿ˜ง

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I think mines wearing a visor AND a mask Scuba but you soooooooooo have my mindset! I thought EXACTLY that when saw the news! I think sooooo many do these things purely as a tickbox;ย itโ€™s like the ๐Ÿ›’cleaning in supermarkets. If you have to first retrieve a ๐Ÿ›’from the car park bays, stand in a queue for an hour, THEN clean your trolley once inside, whereโ€™s the logic? I soooo take my own wipes!ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

To me, it sounds like salons are complying the best of the lot ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Absolutely how it SHOULD. be, andย totally what youโ€™d expect. Supermarkets abide to a degree, but feels more like a tickbox, as trolleys not sanitised till youโ€™ve held them in the queue ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„, and pay machine keypad never cleaned! Just makes no sense.ย 

From what I can see, hair salons putting everyone else to shame ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฅ‡

Think youโ€™ve tempted me to book, Marc ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

PS can I just say if I may, I nearlyย missed this post! I always do the WYWA, and on life this did not appear. By chance, I went into off topic, and saw the hair thread in bold, showing โ€œ1 newโ€. I thought bugger me ya bugger, how did that happen? But it did! ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ’‡โ€โ™‚๏ธ