With salons opening again, if they fully comply with guidelines, will you be getting a haircut? 💇‍♀️💇‍♂️🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 4552 replies

So, from Saturday 4th July, salons can reopen their doors, if they follow a strict booking system, wear 😷😷😷, and fully socially distance, with one out, one in.

Is it too soon to go for a well needed haircut? 💇‍♂️💇‍♀️

47 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I'm lucky Bev, my hair dresser comes to my house. Got her booked in for next Wed. Can't wait! 🤯💇‍♂️

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, I  won't be going to the Hairdresser for quite some time.  My last hair cut was in January and I had an appointment for 26th March, but never got there due to the lockdown,  so yes I am supporting the Afghan Hound look and will probably stay that way for a while.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

LOL Scuba! Soooooo with you! Afghan hounds rule! 😂😂😂😂😂. Mine is sooooooo wild! Grows OUT rather than down, as sooooooo thick and wavy. Can’t see a thing with fringe, so just put towelling thick band on indoors 👍but nightmare if go out, especially with 😷on too! Whole face totally covered 😂😂😂😂😂😂(not a bad thing!) 😂😂😂😂😂

Great option Ange 👍👍👍👍, make sure she puts her 😷on tho!

Great poll @Bev - we’ve been debating this in our house all week! Everyone seems to feel differently about it.

The guys are desperate to get their hair cut… I think they’re going to the local barber next week, they’ll only have 2 people in at a time and will be wearing visors etc. I think that’s as safe as it’ll get for quite a while… 

My mum is also going to the hairdressers in a couple of weeks time. 

I think I’m going to hold off for now though! :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Me too Nat, way too risky yet. I’ll decide in few weeks time, once seen the stats as everything begins reopening. Way too soon yet to know how it’ll pan out. 

Badge +1

Noooooo! ! Happy with lockdown hair for now. 🍍 Yes, I do slightly resemble a pineapple 🤭

Lucky Jo 🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks Jo 👍👏

I was dead against it, but over the weekend, I’m hearing some of my friends have booked, and the strict strict rules seem to be being followed to the letter. They’re being told there’s to be no talking, you have to write down what you want doing or take a photo 📖📸, you must wear a 😷, not touch anything in the salon, use sanitiser, and pay with Contactless 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏. It’s also one in, one out.

What I’m starting to think now, is this is exactly what you’d want, what you’d expect during such a pandemic 👍👏, so maybe this’d be the SAFEST time to go in fact? 🤷‍♀️. What’s to stay, as weeks and months go by, they’ll start getting blasé and cutting corners? 

My theory, was wait and see how the stats pan out, but whilst the figs are relatively low, and rules so so so strict, maybe I need to look at it at a slightly different angle? Not sure, not sure. Tricky one. 

Badge +2

Yes, booked in for 1st August. I keep getting called homeless and scruffy

Who’s scruffy looking?!

Our hairdresser, who is also a friend who has built up her own business needs are support, we are all desperate for haircuts and the salon has strict measures in place including compulsary wearing of facemasks etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Luckily I don’t have this problem and just get the clippers out once a week.

Sometimes I find a renegade follicle.

@Bev I have to say I caved over the weekend and have booked in for next week, at the same place I’ve been going for years, so will be nice to support them. 

It does sound like the measures are really strict, too, so we’ll see! :fingers_crossed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I almost caved yesterday, I must admit, especially after hearing the strict strict ultra strict rules! As I was emailing my stylist tho, on life my iPad crashed 😂😂😂😂😂😂, it was like a sign, saying no no no, not yet! So I haven’t! 😂😂😂😂😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was quite concerned to see on the TV that so many people were wearing Visors but no mask.  Surely if you are lying in the chair having your hair washed and the hairdresser, who may be infected with Covid-19, coughs, then the virus will be directed straight down into your face!!!  I definitely will not be going near a hairdresser if they think that is adequate measures!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I think mines wearing a visor AND a mask Scuba but you soooooooooo have my mindset! I thought EXACTLY that when saw the news! I think sooooo many do these things purely as a tickbox; it’s like the 🛒cleaning in supermarkets. If you have to first retrieve a 🛒from the car park bays, stand in a queue for an hour, THEN clean your trolley once inside, where’s the logic? I soooo take my own wipes! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, as you say @Bev , just a tick box exercise!  I won't be going very far for quite some time.  Quite happy to suffer my fringe behind my ear for now 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge

Back in the day, I would try and get a trim every 6/7 weeks. So not too difficult to imagine the length of hair that will confront my barber as and when. (Pseudo gonk type length).As it has been well over x2 of my usual intervals been cuts another few days, so for his sake I will give it another week or so allowing queues to ease, hopefully.

@Daspy I’m sure haircuts at the moment are taking a bit longer than usual, as barbers in particular are probably having to chop off a lot more hair than usual :laughing:  

Our local are actually finding it much easier now they have an appointments-only system in place, instead of the old walk-in system, as they know their schedules and when to go on breaks etc much better now, so I think post-COVID will see some permanent changes :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My tight ass policy of cutting me own continues so no need to worry, im more concerned as to when i feel confident enough to go out for lunch. Not there yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

And now gyms are due to open shortly. Way way way too soon. I’m firmly sticking to essential food shopping only still, with me 😷, sanitiser, and distancing 👍. 

Hey welcome back our Jonny 🙀👍👏👏👏👏👏, you missed the official opening of the new platty 😂😂😂😂👍

Popped into my local barbers earlier. Two staff hanging around bored waiting for their next appointment, but looked at my head and said they couldn’t sort it before their next booking.

Wow, shaggy or what? 👨‍🦱

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Last time I went to the barbers, they wanted £5 for cutting it and £10 for the search fee.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sorry our bev not been anywhere just had a few issues and special jobs to do in the last 2 weeks. Nearly all sorted tuesday hopefully will see an end to recent issues. 

Still trying to work my way around the newbie site seems a bit harder to navigate but maybe coz my brain is elsewhere its not helping me much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yeah, it is quite different to the previous site, but just over a week now, and think we’re getting more used to it. You’ll be whizzing around it all in no time our Jonny 🏎💥👍👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Wife offered but insisted on using hedge trimmer.

Today’s the day! My first proper haircut since early March. :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’m still not sure eek. I can see from the salons website it’s doing everything and more 👍👏👍👏to comply, but I’m still a bit hesitant to book yet, even tho I can’t see a thing thru my fringe! 

Ive got the FFP3 mask with strings that go round the back of head rather than ears, so I’m worried he’ll chop then off! (The strings, not my 👂👂!) 😂😂😂😂😂

Ive ordered a second 😷with loops, so when that comes, I may book and be brave. Glad ordered when did as there’ll be mad panic for masks now, it’ll be Andrexgate all over again 😂😂😂😂