What TV shows are you currently bingeing?

Hi everyone,

Here in the Off-topic board, you can talk about anything you like. Its a place to kick back, relax and chat to other members.

I thought I'd kick things off by asking which shows you're currently bingeing on TV or online? I'm catching up with House of Cards, but I'm only on season 2, so I need to catch up! Real life may be more interesting in that regard right now though eh?

Game of Thrones is also running through season 7 right now. What do you think of it so far? It's making Mondays a lot more bearable I must say. Definitely puts me on edge though.

Anyway, over to you. Share your top TV shows (movies too) so that we can all choose our next series to binge.

327 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Smashing little one hour drama, Marc, about a woman, Nicola (Vicky Mclure) in a coercive relationship. He was almost subtly controlling tho so she kinda saw the signs but thought just nothing. It was gripping stuff, made all the more real by fact the couple are great off screen friends, so it was mainly improvised, and based on some real life stuff she’d either experienced herself, or had friends who had spoken of their experiences.

Theres three in all, next weeks again partly improvised, and based on the real life of actor Samantha Morten, this time covering money issues. It’s called I am Kirsty.
Watched epiosode 9 of 'Servant' on Apple TV+ at the weekend. Excellent series and I'm really looking forward to the last episode.

However, the weekend viewing was ruined by watching the latest Star Wars film last night. IMHO a complete mess.
Also, what is Richard E Grant doing in a Star Wars film?!?!?! He was supposed to be a baddie but I couldn't stop laughing at him. A bit sad, really 😒
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
It was good Nat, but mainly talking and prep, not the displays, so think nexts weeks be awesome 👏👍✈️. Very interesting tho, always gripped to anything to do with the Reds 👍

​​​​​​​Just caught up with first episode of White House Farm 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀on ITV hub! OMG fantastic 👍👏👏👏👏
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Agree re the years trial being impressive Strutty, and soooooooo agree re the Anniston. On life, I must be in the 1% when I say I wasn’t a fan, in fact I didn’t like her acting in anything she did, but in TMS she is superb! 🙀🙀🙀👏👏👏👏👏. Not got far with it yet, but I’m starting to love it, but her acting is exceptional from the first second 👍👍👍👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Just watched gangs of london on sky atlantic. Very good but certainly not for the squeamish.
Badge +1
I quite enjoyed Christmas Carol too. Love that it was a lot darker and despite the changes, made it pretty impactful. We binged The Witcher and loved it but then I do like Sci Fi Fantasy anyway. We are about to start watching The Crown from the beginning and then I can catch up with the rest of Vikings and Peaky Blinders. I think I may need to get out a bit more!!
JennyR68;20958:
I've just finished This Farming Life on BBC I player. Beautiful, following a year in the life of 6 farms around Scotland.

Have you read 'The Shepherd's Life' by James Rebanks @JennyR68 ?
It's truly brilliant! :D
Link to Amazon here and Guardian review here.
(Oops, going a bit off-topic... Maybe we should start a new thread on what books we're reading?)
Jenam93;21241:
Just started on Luther. Done Seasons 1 & 2 so far....dark and gritty, a bit different from the norm but that makes it really good TV.

If you did not watch Killing Eve, I thought it was better than The Bodyguard which everyone raved about (And it was good too)

Good shout @Jenham93
Are they both available on BBC iPlayer?
Jowl;40810:

I've also just started the 4th series of Gomorrah - Italian mafia/drug gang with English subtitles. It's a bit gritty but strangely addictive. Most of the characters are pretty evil but you ended up taking sides with them, then changing your mind and realising how evil they are. in a constant loop!

Sounds pretty good @Jowl 😏
I need something for winter to get stuck into. Might check it out!
G4RHL;46155:
....and I enjoyed the latest Stars Wars movie considering it one of the best!

Really?!
Well @G4RHL just goes to show, what do I know? 😂
I did think Rey and Kylo Ren were both brilliant, btw. The film as a coherent story? Not so much.....

But of course I'm glad you enjoyed it. 😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Escape to the chateau

​​​​​​​Beyond idyllic Sunday night viewing from channel four 👍👏💕💕💕💕
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
In heaven 😂😂😂. Just settled down to the GORGEOUS “The Holiday” 💕💕It’s soooooooooo good.

Then tomorrow, OMG, it’s my gorgeous, wonderful, totally idyllic .......Railway Children 🚂💕💕💕👍👏😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Thoroughly enjoyed Miranda tonight! 👏👏👏

​​​​​​​What a lovely, feel good show to end the festive season 💕 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏🐎🐎🐎
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
😂😂😂😂😂😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No sleep for you then @Daspy. I hope you manage to see them all in time for Monday. 📺📺📺
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We started the Dublin Murders a couple of nights ago. It's a bit complicated .......
GabrieL;692:
Looks like you've been busy @elziado! :D

My issue with really long TV shows is that I always drop at some point. The only series I can finish are generally 4 or 5 episodes, such as the Nigh Manager.

I never finished Breaking Bad for instance, but I admit it was pretty good.

What kind of show is Suburra? I'm a big fan of Montalbano too :D

Suburra is a criminal gang / mafia type drama set in Rome. I like Montalbano too but there is a bit more action in Suburra!
JennyR68;21575:
Did you hear him on Desert Island Discs today? Currently listening to the podcast and nice surprise enjoying the book now, thanks

Missed it! But will try and find it on a podcast somewhere. Glad you're enjoying the book.
When I read it it made me want to up sticks and live somewhere really remote. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I wonder if anyone watched the drama “I am Nicola” on channel 4 last night? Vicky McClure. Superb viewing 👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I’m really truly loving Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing 🎣on a Friday. It’s just such an idyllic series (second) 🖥️, focussing on the lovely friendship between the two, both having had major 💓operations. The locations are stunning, and the pubs, restaurants and lodgings beyond quaint; it’s just half hour of wonderful, cosy viewing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Anyone else as gripped as me to ITV Deep Water?!🙀👍👏👏👏
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
The Strictly final was beyond superb 🙀💃🏻🕺👍👏👏👏👏👏, best ever ever ever final, I’d go as far as to say! 👏👏👏👏
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Indeed Nat 🙀👍👏👏👏👏👏, amazing hips! 🕺👏👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Red Arrows Take America starts tonight! Six parter! Channel 5! Bit giddy kipper 😂😂😂😂👍✈️✈️✈️
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I was just watching Dancing On Ice ⛸️⛸️, and when it started, a text message came thru from my dad.....”I think Holly Willoughby has forgotten to put her dress on!”

I did larf, bless him 😂😂😂😂😂👏