What TV shows are you currently bingeing?

Show first post

927 replies

The best channel 5 show (in my opinion!) @Bev is Ben Fogle's New Lives in the Wild πŸ˜ƒ

I love it! + it is actually really good I think.

He goes to remote places all over the world where really unique people have moved and live off-grid or completely sustainably, for example.

I really recommend it πŸ‘ fascinating stuff!
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
We started the Dublin Murders a couple of nights ago. It's a bit complicated .......
Badge +3
Marc;43008:
I've watched the first three episodes of 'For All Mankind' which is about the moon race in the late 1960s and 1970s on Apple TV.
If there's any trace of geek in you, I recommend it πŸ€“πŸš€

that sounds my kind of program. I've got an Apple subscription too. Just considering on taking the plunge in a new TV with AirPlay / Apple TV App built in.
Jowl;43189:
that sounds my kind of program. I've got an Apple subscription too. Just considering on taking the plunge in a new TV with AirPlay / Apple TV App built in.

I'm waiting for the day Apple comes out with a subscription which covers TV, music, storage, News+, Apple Care and even new hardware @Jowl πŸ™

Which TV are you looking at?
Badge +3
Looking at An LG 55SM8500. It's not OLED - they suck massive amounts of energy. I'd like the 65" though....
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Jowl;43251:
Looking at An LG 55SM8500. It's not OLED - they suck massive amounts of energy. I'd like the 65" though....

Just found this if your interested
​​​​​​​https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-ue65ru7020-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-with-apple-tv-app-free-6-year-guarantee-3339829
Badge +3
Cheers Duppy. It's a good one but doesn't quite tick all the boxes. The LG I'm after has reduced in price over the last week - to under my "will definitely buy price" 😮
Userlevel 5
Badge
The End of the F***ing World!

Originally a Channel 4 show that didn't do much, it went over to Netflix and has become a bit of a cult show apparently.

​​​​​​​Season 2 is in its way!
Jenam93;43350:
The End of the F***ing World!

Originally a Channel 4 show that didn't do much, it went over to Netflix and has become a bit of a cult show apparently.

​​​​​​​Season 2 is in its way!

Never heard of it. What's it about @Jenam93
​​​​​​​?
Userlevel 5
Badge
"The End of the F...ing World" sees two 17-year-old outsiders, James and Alyssa, embark on a road trip to find her estranged father, who left home when she was just a child. James, who is convinced he's a psychopath, has decided it's time to graduate from killing animals to something bigger -- and he already has a target in mind. Alyssa, the embodiment of existential angst, feels like she doesn't fit in at her new school despite being quite popular. Together, they get caught up on a trail of violent events that grow increasingly more ominous as their quest progresses.

It's very good!
Jenam93;44333:
"The End of the F...ing World" sees two 17-year-old outsiders, James and Alyssa, embark on a road trip to find her estranged father, who left home when she was just a child. James, who is convinced he's a psychopath, has decided it's time to graduate from killing animals to something bigger -- and he already has a target in mind. Alyssa, the embodiment of existential angst, feels like she doesn't fit in at her new school despite being quite popular. Together, they get caught up on a trail of violent events that grow increasingly more ominous as their quest progresses.

It's very good!

Er, sounds interesting @Jenam93
I may have to take your word for it!
Not very Christmassy is it? 🀣
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
The Strictly final was beyond superb πŸ™€πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, best ever ever ever final, I’d go as far as to say! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Escape to the chateau

​​​​​​​Beyond idyllic Sunday night viewing from channel four πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
Bev;44662:
The Strictly final was beyond superb πŸ™€πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, best ever ever ever final, I’d go as far as to say! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Amazing that the winner was just a last-second replacement, too 🀩
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Indeed Nat πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, amazing hips! πŸ•ΊπŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Just caught up on Sticks and Stones on ITV hub πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, superb stuff! Part two tonight! πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Very impressed by episode one of the BBC’s latest dramatisation of β€˜A Christmas Carol’. Dark, moody, and very much an adult’s version of the Dicken’s classic.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Ah thats great Oakbank and I'm now looking forward to watching it.
By the way great posts yesterday.
Badge +3
Finished Man in the High Castle now. Thought I'd give Britannia a go. I'm quite into it mainly for the one-liners, especially from Zoe Wannamaker.

Not sure how I feel about it yet but when I watch these things, it always makes me do some research into history. In this case about the Romans/Druids
Oakbank;45000:
Very impressed by episode one of the BBC’s latest dramatisation of β€˜A Christmas Carol’. Dark, moody, and very much an adult’s version of the Dicken’s classic.

As I'm away on Christmas Day I'm going to wait 10 days and watch all three episodes on iPlayer in the New Year.
Hearing good things about Guy Pierce as Scrooge (nearly typed Guy Ritchie just then..... now that would be a new take on an old classic. Cockney Scrooge gets his shooters out and robs a bank!!) 🀣
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I was sooooo going to watch it but didn’t. I’ll deffo try watch on iplayer as love Guy Pierce πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thought the Mackenzie Crook adaptation of Worzel Gummidge πŸ‘¨*🌾was sooooo excellently done πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. He wrote, produced and starred in it. One talented guy IMO πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
In heaven πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Just settled down to the GORGEOUS β€œThe Holiday” πŸ’•πŸ’•It’s soooooooooo good.

Then tomorrow, OMG, it’s my gorgeous, wonderful, totally idyllic .......Railway Children πŸš‚πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Yo Bev,

Suprised your not watching the Little Fockers (C4) as I type...cracking up.
The Peter Kay doc was fascinating last night.
BBC2 - Nature series 1 on Snow Cats.
And listening to Greta Thunbergs Father on Radio 4 this morning was fascinating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
The Holiday just seems to get better and better with age! Such an idyllic film beyond words!

Adored the Peter Kay thing πŸ‘πŸ‘altho his reps weren’t happy with Channel five

Oh yes, loved the Pa Greta interview Strutty.

And today my gorge Railway Children!

β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸš‚πŸ’•πŸ‘πŸ‘