What TV shows are you currently bingeing?

Show first post

316 replies

Good morning and happy Monday... ;)
As a 2019 gift to ourselves, we've re-subscribed to Netflix at ours.
Over the weekend we watched 'Bird Box' and 'The Ballad of Buster Scruggs' - both excellent.
So I'm now looking for some recommendations! Any tips? @Bev @Joclemen 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I hear Restless Natives is a goodun. Old but real feel good movie.

But you know me and my cosy films Marc πŸŽ¬πŸŽ¬πŸŽ¬πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚so you won’t wanna see any of those, I’m sure, and you know me and my Peter Kay’s Car Share, that’s a series obvs, not film, but STILL can’t get enough of it πŸš˜πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, OMG beyond priceless. Just watching few episodes with lunch actually which have sneaked onto web. Usually only snippets are there. Found few full episodes πŸ‘.

Gnomeo and Juliet? πŸ˜‚πŸ‘Up? πŸ˜‚πŸ‘Bolt? πŸ˜‚πŸ‘Hand that rocks the cradle? Single white female? Sleeping with the enemy?

whats that superb film with Meryl Streep Kevin Bacon? Water rafting. Sooooooo superb. Can’t recall title. You’ll know the one.

ok, all old, but all worth seeing again and again and again surely?

Did anyone mention Railway Children? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸš‚

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Tonight, channel 5 are showing new documentary re Red Arrows ✈️✈️✈️, sooooooo excited!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Today I binge watched the 3 episodes of Manhunt, very good.
Also watching Whitecollar on Netflix.
Also just gotton into Game of Thrones ( yes, I know, but I haven't got sky), someone lent me seasons 1&2 on blue-ray, now I'm hooked, bought box set if all 7 series, waiting for it to be delivered, then it'll be GOT every spare minute!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Marc;20695:
Good morning and happy Monday... ;)
As a 2019 gift to ourselves, we've re-subscribed to Netflix at ours.
Over the weekend we watched 'Bird Box' and 'The Ballad of Buster Scruggs' - both excellent.
So I'm now looking for some recommendations! Any tips? @Bev @Joclemen 🆙

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Marc,
The series 'Hannibal ' is VERY good.also Power, Whitecollar, iZombie is good and also funny.
Don't know what we'd do without Netflix!
Enjoy 😁
Thanks for the tips @Angelabikerbabe
I watched first two episodes of Maniac on Netflix last night. Pretty good, great cast, quite weird!
Userlevel 5
I've just finished This Farming Life on BBC I player. Beautiful, following a year in the life of 6 farms around Scotland.
I've been watching Deadwood - its been on my list for years (and years) but have never got around to starting it as I really enjoyed Godless (another western) on Netflix last year and am enjoying playing RRD2 i thought I would fully immerse myself in the old west.
JennyR68;20958:
I've just finished This Farming Life on BBC I player. Beautiful, following a year in the life of 6 farms around Scotland.

Have you read 'The Shepherd's Life' by James Rebanks @JennyR68 ?
It's truly brilliant! :D
Link to Amazon here and Guardian review here.
(Oops, going a bit off-topic... Maybe we should start a new thread on what books we're reading?)
Userlevel 5
Marc;21028:
Have you read 'The Shepherd's Life' by James Rebanks @JennyR68 ?
It's truly brilliant! :D
Link to Amazon here and Guardian review here.
(Oops, going a bit off-topic... Maybe we should start a new thread on what books we're reading?)

No but going to now you've mentioned it 😁
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
highly recommended-it was serialised on R4, maybe it will reappear one day on 4extra..
JennyR68;21078:
No but going to now you've mentioned it οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We record and then binge-watch everything. So much easier to follow the story line. πŸ“Ί
Userlevel 5
Badge
Just started on Luther. Done Seasons 1 & 2 so far....dark and gritty, a bit different from the norm but that makes it really good TV.

If you did not watch Killing Eve, I thought it was better than The Bodyguard which everyone raved about (And it was good too)
Jenam93;21241:
Just started on Luther. Done Seasons 1 & 2 so far....dark and gritty, a bit different from the norm but that makes it really good TV.

If you did not watch Killing Eve, I thought it was better than The Bodyguard which everyone raved about (And it was good too)

Good shout @Jenham93
Are they both available on BBC iPlayer?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Yes, all 3 different series are currently on iPlayer, including all seasons of Luther.
Jenam93;21300:
Yes, all 3 different series are currently on iPlayer, including all seasons of Luther.

Blimey, I've got a lot to catch up on. I'm already behind on Les Miserables.... Enjoyed the first episode of that. Perfect Sunday night viewing 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Speaking of iplayer, just watched this beauty β€οΈπŸ’™for the third time. OMG beyond idyllic, it truly is. Soooooo mega heart warmingπŸ’•. Absolutely adore this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Bev,
I missed the Red Arrows documentary, is it still available on catch-up? Currently halfway through β€˜Tin Star’ channel 4, really enjoying, has a Fargo feel to it.
πŸ‘πŸ˜„
Userlevel 5
Marc;21028:
Have you read 'The Shepherd's Life' by James Rebanks

Did you hear him on Desert Island Discs today? Currently listening to the podcast and nice surprise 😁 enjoying the book now, thanks πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
David j;21567:
Hi Bev,
I missed the Red Arrows documentary, is it still available on catch-up? Currently halfway through β€˜Tin Star’ channel 4, really enjoying, has a Fargo feel to it.
οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½

Hi Dai πŸ‘

Oooooh you sooooooo have to watch Ep 2 of the Reds πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, awesome viewing, and deffo still be available on Ch 5s catch up. Enjoy!!!!!! ✈️✈️✈️
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hey Dai, it’s repeated tonight at 1800 hrs πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘βœˆοΈ
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Thanks Bev,
Set the recorder so I can watch it in peace & quiet - we are looking after our granddaughter today so there will not be much of me left by early evening.
Thanks again πŸ‘πŸ˜„
Dai
JennyR68;21575:
Did you hear him on Desert Island Discs today? Currently listening to the podcast and nice surprise enjoying the book now, thanks

Missed it! But will try and find it on a podcast somewhere. Glad you're enjoying the book.
When I read it it made me want to up sticks and live somewhere really remote. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;21602:

When I read it it made me want to up sticks and live somewhere really remote. :)

Thats my thoughts every single day, 24 7 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ’­πŸ‘β€οΈ, then πŸ’₯back to reality πŸ™ƒ
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!! The fantastic superb Car Share πŸš˜πŸ¦”πŸ’πŸ’•wins the Best Comedy NTA award πŸ†πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, soooooo pleased!
Following on from @Niall_PP 's recent Game of Thrones poll, I thought it'd be a good time to share the other shows we're bingeing at the mo (if, like me, you've never ever seen Game of Thrones and feel like you're too far behind to start now!)

I recently got stuck into Netflix's new Formula 1 documentary... and then managed to fill the void with bingeing (for the second time) a series called Money Heist 'La Casa De Papel' in prep for the next series being released soon :rolleyes:

New bingeworthy shows needed ASAP?!🆒