What's your favourite thing to do on a rainy day?

• Community Manager
  • 984 replies

It looks like the rain has come to stay for a few days! As hayfever sufferers, @Marc and I are quite happy to welcome the rain in. I know my mum will be happy too as she always says it’s good for the garden!

We’d love to know - what’s your favourite thing to get stuck into on a rainy day?

A book, a favourite film, some household decluttering/cleaning?

I’ll kick things off..

My favourite thing to do in this weather is make a hot chocolate, grab some cosy blankets and watch some reality tv (so trash tv essentially). I also like to flick through mansions in London on Rightmove at the same time (a bizarre hobby of mine)!

Now over to you!

x6S0f2ndvKfi4LWkjxWk09B9rX-4v8aESHula2jmu-88ouGq3gMcBWZBpfGU6JkvpQ3qpZ5ie5zJFx4boKEQOCVUl2R5pP7lm9Uam0Uj3BPze4TQ6KFuisPqWy0wfaPCqFCzRzFX

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Another great thread, our Mads 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏

Have to say, I do love almost ALL weathers, except humidity 😓😓😓😓. Today is such a turnaround after the gorgeous hot ☀️we’ve had 😳. Absolute relentless monsoon since 3am. 

Well, I’ll use today as my example of what I’ve done - opened the balcony and all windows first thing, and spent 10 minutes just smelling the gorgeous rain in the trees. Really was wonderful, following the heat. I even allowed a few drops to fall on my face 🤣🤣🤣💕👍💦. Like you and Marc, Mads, the sneezing😤 and itchy eyes😖 has been insane, so this does make such a refreshing change 👍. 

I’ve then enjoyed doing physio 💪without dripping like billio 😅😅😅😅, little bit of yoga 🧘‍♀️and some indoor runs 🏃‍♀️, and it was lovely to stay nice and cool. So sometimes, days like this, are much needed, just for the breather. 

This afternoon, I shall enjoy relaxing with the 🎾, altho if London have the same, I guess it’ll be all highlights from the week. Nice to just relax and potter tho, and enjoy the sounds and smell of the rainfall 👍☔️

Loving your bizarre hobby, Mads 😳😳😳😳👍👍👍👍👍, takes you off into a fantasy dream world, like it 🕍🏠🏡

Badge +3

I quite like the rain when I’m home and dry - either watching the Tv or even working downstairs in the laptop. I hated it in our old terrace house - always wondered what would leak / be damp next. In this house it’s lively and warm and I enjoy watching and listening to the rain. 

I especially love thunderstorms - although our eldest dogs hates them. 

best of all was being in a caravan in the rain ( pre kids). Just listening the rain on the roof while reading a good book. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Can relate to the caravan, Jowl 👍👏, childhood memories are filled with the caravan holidays to Co Op holiday camps thru the 1970s  🙇‍♀️💕💕💕. Often October half term so always raining, but listening to it hitting the caravan roof, whilst playing family board games, was simply special. 

No rain where I am. In my younger days it was a relief from asthma and when that more or less went, hayever. I remember the days of when it started, if I was in the office, I would take a couple of pills, set an alarm for 90 minutes and when that went off go home. The pills took about 2 hours to function and affected driving! Thank goodness that stopped in 1981 and Ionly get a few sniffles during the high pollen count. Nowt to cause concern. I sneeze more sticking the stick up my nose when I give myself a Covid test. Hay fever was never just the sneezing but also the eyes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I like nothing more than running out to the garden and belly flopping into the mud. Then laying on my back whilst wiggling my hands and arms in the air. I highly recommend this activity.

Report back with your findings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@Bev I am glad you like it! Sounds like you’re having a lovely day.:blush:

Yes it is a bit of a dream world! I just love to see how people decorate these huge homes!

Check this one out for a cool £24.5 million :astonished:https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/105767540#/!!!

@Jowl I love the sound of rain on a roof, as a kid I used to sit in the garage and read so I could hear the tapping sounds. 

@Strutt G I’ll try this as soon as possible and report back. :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Absolutely stunning, BUT BUT BUT for bloomin 24 million, you wouldn’t want anything less than detached, surely to goodness 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳. God, can you imagine getting hideous neighbours! Yes you’d have plenty of rooms to escape to, but even so 🤷‍♀️😳😁😁😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

For me our Mads, my little white cottage, like in my avatar 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, would be just perfect. Small and cosy, but just look at the surround., feel that silence! Mmmmmmmmm. I visualise it daily no lie 🧘‍♀️💕💕💕🤣👍👏

Oh @Bev I am with you there, crazy what you get for your money in London, I’d want a lovely big garden and a detached house for that money!!! That sounds absolutely lovely, always good to visualise these things! Would something like this be to your liking?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I like nothing more than running out to the garden and belly flopping into the mud. Then laying on my back whilst wiggling my hands and arms in the air. I highly recommend this activity.

Report back with your findings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

LOL Strutty and Scubes 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, wouldn’t it be fun! 👍👍👍🤣

Oh Mads, now you are truly talking, oh wow wow wow! Yes that is the absolute idyllic abode. Indeed. Ooooooooooooh even the quaint chimney tops, oh man, now I’m truly dreaming 👍💕💕💕💕💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Frankly I’d want a hotel with all the staff for £24 million.

I love to get all cosy up on rainy days too @Mads although in the summer it’s great fun to run around outside with the kids umping in all the puddles. It’s lovely to open the back doors and ust watch it with a nice brew. (I really need to get out more).

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Has your J ran away our Nan?! 😳🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Oops!! :joy::rofl::rofl::joy:

Badge +3

Has your J ran away our Nan?! 😳🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No, I’m still here 🤣🤣

@NannyOgg watching the rain with a cuppa is very relaxing I agree! In fact, anything involving a cuppa I am here for hahah!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

1st rainy day of our hols in South Devon. 

Gonna have a chill-out day indoors, reading books and watching the tide come in and out of the estuary. 👍

That sounds lovely @Angelabikerbabe! I hope today you’re out enjoying the sunshine :sun_with_face: