What's your favourite Christmas food?

• 11 December 2019
  • 51 replies

It's two weeks today until Christmas! How has that happened? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Starting to think about what food to get in, and about prepping the Xmas dinner (personally, the food is my favourite thing about Christmas!).

What's your favourite Christmassy food/drink? ๐Ÿ˜

Fav Christmassy food and drink!

51 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Can't believe Iย  missed this thread. For me all aspects of the main meal. Meat, veg, gravy, sauces, but if really pushed either pigs in blankets or mince pies..... OMG!

Had some sprouts yesterday.

Then some cheese.

And finally a load of chocolate.

Just practising!ย :grin:

And just in case anyone's forgotten, here are The Rules for next week:

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Hmm, Iโ€™m wondering @Daspyย Should we do a โ€˜whatโ€™s your favourite Easter eggโ€™ thread too? And you can add a reply in August!!ย :laughing:

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Happy to add comments all year round @Marcย Surely christmas and easter sentiments not to mention condiments (and other foods) should be wished for all year round ๐Ÿค”

Badge +2

Cranberry flapjacks ...omg the aroma ๐Ÿ˜‹

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Had some sprouts yesterday.

Then some cheese.

And finally a load of chocolate.

Just practising!ย :grin:

mmmm...chocolate coated sprouts with a cheese centre!

You must give @Bevย the recipe

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Mmmmmmmm smelling very festive in my kitchen now! Mmmmmm ๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘. Just preparing a mock mulled wine, as never done it before ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, but as everythingโ€™s different this year, itโ€™s nice to start early, as no rushing around to do. Nice.ย 

Just pushed me Clovesย into the clementine segments ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ‹, all simmering wonderfully ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿท

Badge +2

Love mulled Wine Bev.ย  But mock ?? Not sure what that is ๐Ÿค”

ย 

Spicy red cabbage ๐Ÿ˜‹ย 

Chestnut Nut Roast delish with the sweetest parsnips and mountains โ›ฐ of sprouts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
He wonโ€™t hear a thing whilst heโ€™s at school ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
What about that lorry that toppled over and dropped its whole load of sprouts ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€. What made me larf tho was the guy passing, who couldnโ€™t wait to go fill his carrier bag full of sprouts ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™„, you have to larf! Little did he realise heโ€™d be all over the news channels! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Luckily no one injured, so made for a funny โ€œand finally.....โ€ news story ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Marc the moderator will be on your case, burp
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Used in salads or as a salad.
Perhaps with some roasted hazlenuts, other thinly cut salad items slighly dressed with a fruited vinagarette.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Spread the word, lets go on a march and fight for free sprouts
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
My wife's Christmas cake.
Made weeks ago and rich with glace cherries, sultanas, raisins, citrus peel, dates and walnuts; drizzled with dark rum, wrapped in foil and stashed I know not where to mature. I'm salivating in anticipation.
Nice one @Strutt G & @Bev - great tip!

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹I think my bro would love this so have definitely made note ๐Ÿ˜
Whilst the @Marc's away the sprouts will play...
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Love a flapjack and a granola and they look great.

Must say Nigel Slatersย Fig and Orange shortbreads centre filled with the fig and golden sultana course paste are ruddy marvellous. If you want an alternative for a mince pie with no need for cream these are it! Great warm out of the oven and cold.

Wonโ€™t be getting Konditor mince pies due to T4. So will be making them and trying out this recipe, substituted quarter of the sugar with cranberries, more candid peel soaked in contreauย replacing stem ginger

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/dec/04/felicity-cloakes-mince-pie-masterclass-an-easy-step-by-step-recipe

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Our family are planning a mid year Christmas this summer all being well (and allowed) .ย  Thinking of a summer "Christmas" food wise is going to be different ๐Ÿ™ƒย  But Chestnut stuffing will feature for sure ๐Ÿ˜‹ย 

What a great idea! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿป

Had.myย first Clementines ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠsince last Christmas, today. Mmmmmmmmm smells just like Christmas! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I think throughout December half of my diet becomes clementinesย :joy: ย I hope they donโ€™t turn you orange like carrots wouldย :thinking:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Love Goose, Turkey cooked prior to the day as will end up making a Turkey and Leek Pie.

Last Sunday we made the Veg loaf from Nigel Slaters Christmas Chronicles with addition of Pine nuts instead of hemp seed. Its not vegan but could be...by eliminating the eggs and butter -ย its a great dish and will do it again with some Chestnuts plus the hemp. I also substituted some of the parsnip with celeriac. Byย eliminating the eggs I guess you could bind withย polenta.ย ย 

Christmas cake being fed, not making mince pies this year as getting them from Konditor & Cook asย dam hard to beat. Also fromย the NS booking trying out the Fig and Orange shortbreads.ย 

Hooray for Christmas

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hee hee hee Lucky Jo, itโ€™s simply a mock as in a practice as havenโ€™t made it before, but as staying home, ย I thought Iโ€™d give it a try before making it on the day. Really fruity and warming ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Adore snips and sprouts too! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ

Badge +2

Oh gotย it @Bevย ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ yes, its delish!!ย ย 

I'm finding Stones Ginger Wine rather warming at the moment (other brands are available ๐Ÿคญ)

ย 

ย