What’s your dream home?

• 10 September 2021
  • 35 replies

• Community Manager
  • 1171 replies

Inspired by a discussion @Bev and I had a while ago, I thought it’d be lovely to hear what everyone’s dream home is. 

bU7zPqq88wH5RfXgm3ZTJIhaig0qwhwPdHhcyE58aITqNb7m7p8aRsfVTpsdB62zpPF_yFjL6MFvyh1IRMgkR_A6aTw1peAMlznJAfhZXfw8_eaCGlJcxY7EClnts-NW5SyuqL6h=s0

Does it have a swimming pool? Does it have a long tree lined driveway? A home cinema? A nice kitchen aga? Or perhaps it’s a humble hut on the edge of a beautiful beach? Or maybe a chalet in the mountain tops? 

To kick things off I’ll share a vision of mine:

I’d love a big old Georgian manor house with lovely wisteria growing up the side, a nice big garden (designed by my wonderful mum - who is a garden designer) and lovely big rooms. 

I’ve found something similar on Rightmove, check it out here. At a very reasonable 17,500,000 million pounds! I think I’d like my version of this to be a bit more homely, but it paints a nice picture. 

Now over to you, what’s your dream home?

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ooooh fab thread our Mads! I vividly remember us discussing this a while back indeed. 

I’d have probably once gone for mansion size, but now I realise the number one important factor is detached, and preferably miles from any neighbours hee. Just sheer absolute peace and tranquility. So, if that was to be a tiny cottage in a big field, but still in reasonable reach of provisions, I would go for that over a huge mansion, as even detached mansions have neighbours and potential noise. 

As long as it had gorgeous powerful 🚿, plenty of space, not clutter, and could get plenty of healthy foods and essential provisions, everything 21st century BUT with silence and true privacy. I’d love that. Huge garden and views would be essential, lovely animals like I see your Belsize Park comes with, Mads 👍😁, and just knowing it’s 200% secure. 

Said it before, and I’ll say it again, my little fun avatar isn’t far off my idyllic home hee hee. 

Anyone else have a picture in their head of a dream home, and maybe over the years, you have changed your mind on what an ideal home should be 🤷‍♀️ . Key for me is deffo small but spacious, with cosy feel, picturesque views, safe and tranquil. Mmmmmmm 💕👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

So, you know I can count the number of films I love, on one hand hee 🤷‍♀️🎬, but The Railway Children 🚂💕idyllic surroundings,

together with the cottage 🏡from The Holiday, would probably come very very very close to perfect for me 💕🤣👍

Can soooooo relate to the Diaz in this film 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My dream home would be a 3 bedroom detatched bungalow, (bungalow so I can clean the guttering out easily).

With a double or possibly triple garage ( this is the most important feature of the house), with big driveway  , garage has to have an inspection pit. I would be spending most of my time in here tinkering with the car and scooter(s), so heating and electric essential in here  . 

Nice large wrap around garden for my husband to manage. 

I wanted it originally in the middle of nowhere, as far away as possible from any neighbours, but on second thoughts, I'd settle for it being on the edge of a village, near farmland or woods, so there's plenty of wildlife to view  , within waking distance of a shop and a pub.

And it has to be in the lake district , preferably Braithwaite, Keswick or Portinscale. 

However, since I haven't got the funds for such a dream house, I'll have to stick with my terraced house, garage at the top of the street , and neighbours on both sides......until I win the lottery that is!!

🏡🏠🏡 

Oh, and nice big picture windows to take in the view!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee hee, not asking for too much then Ange hee hee, and isn’t it funny how, once we’ve owned a house, priority to no neighbours too close, goes soooooo near the top of the list. When I bought this, that wasn’t even in my thoughts at all! 

I don’t think you watched Peter Kays Car Share did you, Ange, but when you said tinkering with your cars and scooters, immediately got the image of Guy Garvey “tight as a nuns chuff” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No need for lottery win, I think visualising our dreams, is soooooooo beneficial to our wellbeing. Just thinking about living in a dream place, and imagining everything you’d have in the rooms and garden, the views and sounds, it all helps even if it’ll never be a reality. 

Both of your homes sound amazing @Bev and @Angelabikerbabe :heart_eyes: - and you’re right @Bev visualising it is lovely in itself - I always find it a peaceful activity. I think that might be why I spend so much time on Rightmove:sweat_smile: .

@Angelabikerbabe I’ve never been to the Lake district but I’d love to go one day, what a location. 

@Bev The Holiday cottage is so idyllic, would be great if they could throw Jude Law in with it:grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Both of your homes sound amazing @Bev and @Angelabikerbabe :heart_eyes: - and you’re right @Bev visualising it is lovely in itself - I always find it a peaceful activity. I think that might be why I spend so much time on Rightmove:sweat_smile: .

@Angelabikerbabe I’ve never been to the Lake district but I’d love to go one day, what a location. 

@Bev The Holiday cottage is so idyllic, would be great if they could throw Jude Law in with it:grin:

Oh @Mads , you should visit the Lake District,  its is such a wonderful place. ❤ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee hee re Jude, Mads! Spot on, his character in that film is soooooooooo lovely 💕💕💕

Only just noticed that side balcony, our Mads, on your first idyllic photo, at the top of the thread! It’s little things like that on a property, that really make it, isn’t it! You can just imagine standing / sitting out there in the early morning sun, looking out onto acres and acres of gorgeous English countryside, with the sound of the birds. Only just noticed that, and really love it mmmmmmmmm 🙇‍♀️💭💭💭💭💕

Speaking of balconies @Bev, what about this Tuscan villa... :heart_eyes:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/110022293#/channel=OVERSEAS&currencyCode=GBP

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Speaking of balconies @Bev, what about this Tuscan villa... :heart_eyes:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/110022293#/channel=OVERSEAS&currencyCode=GBP

Ooh nice! I wish I had the money to buy that......I wouldn't buy it....I just want the money and h can but what I like , ha ha

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh, love the tennis courts our Mads! Wow. Such gorgeous photos 😳😳😳😳😳💕💕💕. Oh wow! Panoramic veranda eh! You just can’t imagine living there could ya! Absolutely gorgeous mmmmmmm! Lemon conservatory! 🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋

I’ll just ring my bank and get em to release that thirty million floating about for a rainy day 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I would love a lemon conservatory! Imagine…. :heart_eyes:

@Angelabikerbabe and @Bev if you did get 30 million tomorrow what would you do with it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Buy the dream isolated cottage, with countryside and sea around it, but all provisions easily accessible, loads of animals and pets. 

Choose all my favourite charities and make sure I gave them a substantial gift. 

Then continue to enjoy all the simple things in life, without an ounce of stress our Mads. Perfect 🙇‍♀️💕. 

As we’ve said before tho, I’m sure Mads, money isn’t the answer, and we shouldn’t strive for that. Yes of course we need to live comfortably, but then it’s about enjoying the simple life, with what we have 👍👏💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My next home will be one of these babies and something to tow it with. 

The plan being to buy hook up and spend at least 5 years touring canada in it and then providing health allows a few years in usa. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I remember you always saying that was a big dream of yours, our Johnny 👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Angelabikerbabe and @Bev if you did get 30 million tomorrow what would you do with it?

I would be buying my 3 bedroom bungalow in the lake district, and live my beat life our there, with several bikes and cars and possibly a motorhome. Ahhhh dreams ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My next home will be one of these babies and something to tow it with. 

The plan being to buy hook up and spend at least 5 years touring canada in it and then providing health allows a few years in usa. 

WOW, that looks fab!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Angelabikerbabe and @Bev if you did get 30 million tomorrow what would you do with it?

I would be buying my 3 bedroom bungalow in the lake district, and live my beat life our there, with several bikes and cars and possibly a motorhome. Ahhhh dreams ! 

The neighbours would LOVE you Ange 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣NOT. Somehow I don’t think a fleet of noisy bikes would be welcome in tranquil Lakes hee hee hee hee 🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉😳😝🙃😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The neighbours would LOVE you Ange 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣NOT. Somehow I don’t think a fleet of noisy bikes would be welcome in tranquil Lakes hee hee hee hee 🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉🙉😳😝🙃😉

Thats why I would be in the middle of nowhere @Bev , or at least on the edge of the village   . Don't want any neighbours too close anyway, ha ha.👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee, perfect Ange 👍😝😉. The idea of no neighbours is sooooo appealing. Hee. We can dream, eh! 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Catching up on last nights new series of Grand Designs - House of the year. Love that! 

I loveeee Grand Design’s @Bev! I’ve not seen last nights, so will have to catch up!

Have you seen Jenifer Anniston’s Bel Air home, it’s beautiful?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh my absolute, our Mads! I tend to steer away from any celeb stuff so hadn’t seen this, but what an absolute beauty😳😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍! Well, that’s an understatement! Oh wow wow wow😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳! That marble tub😍, oooooooh I sooooooo do love marble😍. Truly love it. Love how she says she wanted to maximise “comfort and privacy”👍👍👍👍. Oh absolutely spot on. Two key things👍👏. She should keep living independently there. All the money in the world isn’t buying her happiness living with others, that just looks sooooooooo perfect to live happily ever after in! Wowsa 😳👍

Yes I’d always want comfort, I am not into the really minimalist look, because where are you gonna snug up and watch tv?!

I love marble @Bev, I’d love a beautiful marble kitchen one day, I love kitchens, the heart of the home!:heart_eyes: Might accidentally turn this into a kitchen design thread soon…  :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Episode of Grand Designs tonight 2100hrs 👍

None of the homes floated MY boat at all last week, but fascinating watch, amazing builds. Looking forward to it. 

I’ll be sure to tune in, thank you @Bev!