What's the most ridiculous thing you've ever bought?

• 17 September 2020
  • 12 replies

A didgeridoo, a sweater comb, (fake) fur-lined crocs…

These are just some of the answers the PP team have come back with, when asked what’s the most ridiculous thing we’ve ever bought. 

My answer would have to be a pillow with my friend’s face on, accompanied by marshmallows with my friend’s face on, all bought as a present for said friend.:joy:

What’s yours? :grin:

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Been thinking about this, and can’t think of anything, not recently anyway, BUT two items that I did buy relatively recently, probably did seem rather ridic to most. If I’m honest, I wasn’t sure myself, but persevered with both, and now both are my two favourite items 😂😂😂👍👍👍👏👏👏, and both especially nice during lockdown and the pandemic. 

The first is my SELKBAG, which is basically a wearable sleeping bag, so you wear it, walk around in it, stay sooooooo incredibly toastie in it, and yes seemed a thoroughly ridiculous purchase 😂😂😂, but turned out to be one of the best things I’ve ever bought! 👍👍👍👍Adore it! 

The second is my gravity blanket. This is a blanket that goes under the duvet, which is heavily weighted, to supposedly improve sleep quality or anxiety. I bought it for neither really, just pure cosiness. Again I wasn’t sure, and thought maybe it was being ridiculous, and it did take me quite a while to get used to it, but I persevered and soooooo love it now! I missed it soooo much when I washed it 😂👍. 

Bought both with my PP Amazon rewards , and probably may not have bought either, had I not had the Amazon gift, but truly glad I did, So basically, sometimes when you think a purchase is sooooo ridiculous, it turns out to be something you grow to love, and don’t want to be without! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The most ridiculous thing I never bought was “Take back control”

I demand the right to defend every ridiculous purchase I ever made, on the grounds that ..

...it seemed like a good idea at the time….

(I’ll come back to this one when I think of something I’m prepared to admit to!)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

A pair of underpants with the Australian national flag on and a top hat similarly adorned, both of which I wore when in Australia on Australia Day. Nothing else but those two. Well it was mid summer!

Come to think of it when my sons were very young and we were in London I bought the youngest a pair of underpants (sounds like a theme here!) with “I’ve got the biggest Willy in the world “ on the front. He was 8. He thought they were wonderful! At the same time a plastic turd was bought from a joke shop which produced endless amusement for many years, even with clients in my professional life!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍👍👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

An energy monitor, all it does it wind me up and the family ignore it.

@Bev they both sound like you’ve gotten loads of use out of them though, so they were worth it! :sunglasses:  do you walk around in it? I can imagine it’s very cosy :grin:

A pair of underpants with the Australian national flag on and a top hat similarly adorned, both of which I wore when in Australia on Australia Day. Nothing else but those two. Well it was mid summer!

Come to think of it when my sons were very young and we were in London I bought the youngest a pair of underpants (sounds like a theme here!) with “I’ve got the biggest Willy in the world “ on the front. He was 8. He thought they were wonderful! At the same time a plastic turd was bought from a joke shop which produced endless amusement for many years, even with clients in my professional life!

:rofl: I think the context of the Australian purchases is definitely welcome here. When in Ro… Australia!

I’m not sure I want to ask about the plastic :poop: but it’s an excellent ‘ridiculous purchase’ thank you for sharing :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Bev they both sound like you’ve gotten loads of use out of them though, so they were worth it! :sunglasses:  do you walk around in it? I can imagine it’s very cosy :grin:

Not easy to walk around in IMO, tbh Nat, altho it’s designed to be, but once I’m in it, it’s usually when I’m settled for the evening watching TV or reading, so it’s soooooooo perfect, but yes it is designed for walking about in too 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Bev @Nataly 

how about a Pure Planet branded Selkbag?

If we all got one we could have a sack race for publicity….

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

LOL LOL LOL our Wozeeta! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

@Bev @Nataly 

how about a Pure Planet branded Selkbag?

If we all got one we could have a sack race for publicity….

A PP sports day? This is an excellent idea and wouldn’t be a ridiculous purchase at all :grin:

Badge

"FAT PANTS" two sizes too small.  Not a good look 🤣🤣