Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 7589 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! 😀

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you 👍

1646 replies

Badge +2

My son completed on his first home today (in Bath) that's a huge milestone for him and me !! 🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡Renting no more 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Happy today… got my Covid vaccination appointments! 

Got this lovely healthy nibbles box from PP yesterday! Feeling very lucky - a couple of the snacks may have already gone missing under mysterious circumstances….

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Our @Nataly has made me happy today.

That lovely fuzzy feeling you get when you see a response that is so back of the net it makes you chuckle.

Badge +3

Cards from the kids for Father’s Day made me happy today ❤️

Badge +3

Me and the wife took our eldest on a surprise trip to Alton Towers today. He’s missed all this Y6 trips and a residential and worked so hard all year. We told him he was having an education day out - until he guessed where we’re going 😃 Great weather and great fun. 

our youngest was so mature about her brother getting this treat and was happy we’d arranged for her nan to pick her up from school. What we didn’t tell her was that she was going for her favourite food (Chinese) at a restaurant - she’s only had takeaway before. Seeing her face and how grown up was was heart warming. 

so proud of my 2 kids - it’s nice to be able to treat them, however small. 

Badge +3

It’s our wedding anniversary today. Best 12 years ever. 

We’ll be celebrating by me snoozing on the sofa most of the day and my wife sleeping in bed 😃

(Technically, this was yesterday. But I didn’t get a chance to post it :innocent: )

Picking up the keys to my new (and first) house! 

It’s been a lot of hard work… I’m sure @Marc was fed up of hearing my stories about the process :joy:

Opening the front door for the first time!

More posts to come soon, hopefully, all about moving house and the work we’re planning on doing! 

Badge

What has my days this week has been the lovely spring mornings

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Visited Stourhead House and Gardens in Wiltshire today 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Bit late with the news but our son, who has just gone into year 6, made deputy head boy today. We're incredibly proud, especially for the difficult time he has had over the last year or so. He was in such a bad place just before Christmas and had zero confidence in himself and both the kids found it hard when I was poorly back in March. School have been amazing and got him counselling with a service called Seedlings. The change in him has been amazing and we were stunned when he actually wanted to submit a letter to be Head boy. Sorry, that was a bit long winded. 

Badge +3

Had  my covid jab yesterday (happy about that)

and didn’t feel too bad today (also happy). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m happy that I’ve finally moved into my house. Took a lot longer to get it where I want it but least I’m in yay 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Absolutely @Bev 

We have rented here for 9 years and we all look after each other, such a beautiful neighbourhood in a really nice part of the city. I can’t even begin to tell you the goings on but lets just say the house ended up on the police watch list.

My Fry’s chocolate cream has never tasted quite so wonderful as it does right now. I was going to run down the road naked to celebrate but fortunately the weather went a little chilly. I was about to say ‘nippy’ but thought better of it!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

coming home to a parcel and thinking 'I don't think I've ordered anything, and then being amazed and delighted at the goodies from PP. Especially when I realised 2 of the photos on the calendar were mine!

Fantastic. 👍👍👍

thanks to @Marc, @Nataly and all the PP team.

​​​​​​​Merry Christmas to you all 🎄🎅🎄🎅🎄
Badge +3

2nd jab yesterday. Would have posted last night but it knocked me out!

and today it’s a lovely sunny day, my wife has a day off and Mum is here too. That makes me pretty happy (but don’t tell them)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Durham Geese have had goslings! 

It’s my housemate's birthday today, the sun’s out and we’re going for a drink after work! Lots to be happy about today :sun_with_face:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Go for it Bev, lovely positive news. 😄🇬🇧

@Jowl Well done, congratulations.

I wonder who has been married (to the same person!) the longest in this community? I am coming up to 51 years.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My son completed on his first home today (in Bath) that's a huge milestone for him and me !! 🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡Renting no more 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

So special picking up the keys to your first home in a special location. Fantastic 👏👏

Bev;53268:
I realised today it’s 31 years since I passed my driving test 🙀. I was soooo thrilled as first time too, but nowadays I do not miss driving one single bit 👍

Ha! I had a little giggle earlier when from out of nowhere a thought - completely randomly - popped into my head that I might like to get a motorbike.
So from the early signs of my imminent mid-life crisis it looks like it's going to be fun!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

My other half called this morning to confirm he is flying home next Thursday for 12 days, yaaaayy!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
.....it’s my dad’s 74th birthday 🎈🎉, that made me happy today, as last year he survived prostate cancer and kidney failure 💕👏