Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 6838 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! 😀

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you 👍

1214 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Happy to say that I’ve been successfully jabbed. Very impressed by the efficiency and kindness of the NHS staff.

But what’s making me more happy today, to be honest, is the beautiful weather :sunglasses:

Which one did you get @Marc ?

Are you feeling OK? 😁

Happy to say that I’ve been successfully jabbed. Very impressed by the efficiency and kindness of the NHS staff.

But what’s making me more happy today, to be honest, is the beautiful weather :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

https://www.mixcloud.com/MiSoul/dj-spen-mi-soul-radio-sat-7pm-9pm-17-04-2021/

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh stunning picture, Ohit! Truly stunning. Those birds really keep you staring at the photo, don’t they! Ooooh that’s lovely.

Nat, I can soooooooooo feel your eagerness to be entertaining all your family, serving a big home cooked meal at your new dining table. It’s gorgeous, and what an added wonderful bonus to have it made from reclaimed wood 👏👏👏. Win win. 

Badge

What has my days this week has been the lovely spring mornings

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

What made me happy today is our dining table finally arrived after months and months being delayed in the ports! 

What makes me extra happy is knowing it’s made from reclaimed wood, so we’re giving it a new lease of life :grinning:

Lovely!!

What made me happy today is our dining table finally arrived after months and months being delayed in the ports! 

What makes me extra happy is knowing it’s made from reclaimed wood, so we’re giving it a new lease of life :grinning:

Badge +2

Thank you everyone,

We have had the most amazing support from so many many people, it really has carried me through. I’ve got way more than Fry’s in my fridge let me tell you :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sadly Duppy, I think you may be right. It seems to be an escalating problem again, did seem to ease for a few years, but I think the pandemic has acted as a catalyst, or rather an excuse to vent anger and disruption. Same as a minority of people joining protests just to cause trouble. 

For now tho, our Nanny has silence at long long last, and the feeling of that relief, and all that alleviation of stress, has to be worth celebrating, even if it’s only a Fry’s 🍫👍 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Bev 

Unfortunately the point about them getting what's deserved is far from what actually happens.

It just means that the problem is moved to another area, where the trail of destruction, harassment, anti social behaviour and  noise is moved to another area where the current residents will be subjected to the same treatment, before again being moved on to continue the cycle, more often than not also leaving a trail of debts behind them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Not at all our Dai, but thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You’re  so good @Bev, great support 👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Oh NannyOgg, so pleased for you, having that on your doorstep in the middle of a pandemic must have been unbelievably stressful. Shame about the “naked streak” though 😄😄. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You’re so so right re who knows who, our Nanny. I soooooo soooooo get you, truly happening everywhere lately. You’re not alone, and it’s so so so wrong that so many innocent people suffer for months, years. You were very very very brave to confront, but as you say, sometimes you reach that tether end, and you don’t even think of the potential danger, but good for you our Nanny, and fantastic result to see them finally get what’s deserved. 

I truly hope your health will improve now, I can see just by these simple posts, or any post really, the person behind them, and you're always so so so bubbly, happy and fun, I’ve never seen another side, so know you’ll spring back instantly. I know it’s easy to conceal when it’s virtual, so not always obvious how people feel, but hopefully now they’re out the picture, and you’ll hopefully get decent nice considerate respectful neighbours when it’s rented out again, you’ll soon be feeling 110%.

btw, DMs whenever you need to get anything off your chest, absolutely fine, and I know I will be speaking for lots of 👂👂👂here within the community, not just myself our Nanny. Big celebratory hugs 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉👍👍👍👏👏👏

Badge +2

You are spot on @Bev 

I had a mental health crisis about 5 weeks ago. Poor Bill had to fly home from Sweden and take a month off. Between the lockdowns, Bill working away, home schooling and the scum next door, just sent me over the edge.

It has been a string of awful incidents but I shall be careful not to put details on here because you never know who knows who. Let’s just say that had only been there 2 months and the house was put on the police watch list. Says it all doesn’t it? I ended up in a nose to nose confrontation about 3 weeks ago, I just snapped. She didn’t bother me after that, go figure!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh our Nanny, I’m seriously smiling from 👂to 👂for you, on life, cos SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO empathise fully. Truly do. Huge huge huge relief. 

I am LOL re naked 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣and nippy! Know your every word. Truly do. 

Its also not until after it’s all fully over, til you realise just what a load has lifted, and the amount of stress it’s caused you to endure for so long. You just learn to, not accept it, but tolerate unnecessarily, and boy when it’s all over, you feel you have won the lottery. I have not had such direct experience, but know just what you mean, just from the one or two minority renting here, spoliling it for leaseholders or other decent renting tenants 🙄😡. 

You are sure going to enjoy the moment Nanny 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Badge +2

Absolutely @Bev 

We have rented here for 9 years and we all look after each other, such a beautiful neighbourhood in a really nice part of the city. I can’t even begin to tell you the goings on but lets just say the house ended up on the police watch list.

My Fry’s chocolate cream has never tasted quite so wonderful as it does right now. I was going to run down the road naked to celebrate but fortunately the weather went a little chilly. I was about to say ‘nippy’ but thought better of it!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ooooooooh Nanny I can totally feel the relief, soooooooooooo know what you mean. Even everyday noise pollution from flats is enough, as a few rented 🙄🙄🙄🙄and soooooooo inconsiderate! 

Oh magic, truly thrilled. It’s simple things like that tho, that escalate into major stress isn't it. Also, sounds like had whole street in agreement, which of course helps! Enjoy the immense relief our Nanny, and the chocolate 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫

Badge +2

Happy doesn’t even come close to how I feel today.

After more than a year of absolute misery and terrible goings on, our neighbours have finally been evicted. It is party time on our street. I shall be celebrating with an endless stream of chocolate for the forseeable future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Gosh, to even give a piggy back now, would be impossible, so hats off to you, our Dai! Seriously, wow 😳👏🐽🐷. This weather is STUNNING 😳👍👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏😎😎😎😎😎😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I am pleased that something is working well Bev,  I have been aching a little recently due probably to outdoor diy tasks 😬. Also, grandchildren have been staying in a caravan on The Gower peninsula and I thing that piggybacks, hide & seek, rough & tumble etc etc has taken its toll. Great fun and great weather 🌞🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿  😄😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It’s just a sign your immune system is working well our Dai, so older peeps seem to be having less side effects than whipper snappers as their immunity weakens. Not that you’re an old fart of course 🤣🙃😉but you get my drift! 

Likewise, I’ve missed your sunny posts our Dai, but appreciate you’re a busy boy 👍😎😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Agree Jo, especially if AZ, you may get the Moderna our Marc, now they’re starting to roll that out. Keep us all posted 💉👍

I tell you something for nothing our Jo, bloomin missed you! Now know how busy you’d be helping son bless. Exciting times 🏡🔝📦📦📦📦📦📦🔑😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Happy today… got my Covid vaccination appointments! 

I’ve had my 1st jab of AstraZenica and had zero side affects, my wife also had AZ and had a high temperature for 5 ish ours. Take it in your stride Marc 💉👏👏. 

Badge +2

Take it easy after the jab Marc, it wipped me out for a couple of days.  But fantastic to get it booked in.    👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏