Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 6527 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! ๐Ÿ˜€

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you ๐Ÿ‘

1072 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Summed up beautifully Nataly, I like black pudding so I will stick to that.ย 
Cheers,

Dai ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

:grin: ย I tend not to think about them either, ha! My mumโ€™s Glaswegian and has used Burns night as an excuse for putting an โ€˜eventโ€™ in the calendar in lockdown.ย 

To be honest Iโ€™ve not had haggis very often - it just tastes like black pudding really. If you get a good one it can be pretty good, if you get a bad one itโ€™s a disasterย :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Iโ€™d forgotten your Scottish connections Nataly - I know what Haggis is, what doesย it taste like? ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

The smell of our Burns supper going through the house right nowย :grinning:

Ready for a night full of neeps, tatties and haggisโ€ฆย  (ok, between us,ย not looking forward to the haggis as much, but still!).ย 

Time to dig out the tartan...

ย 

ย 

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Turkish dog story! OMG just beyond adorable ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2021/jan/22/how-boncuk-the-dog-waited-days-outside-turkish-hospital-video

Sooooo reminded me ofย the film Haatchi ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’•

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Did anyone see the Young Poet Laureateย Amanda Gorman at Bidenโ€™s Inauguration yesterday- wow,ย she stole the showย and only 22 years old ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ฅ. Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderfulย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! Bloomin loving that new leaderboard! ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅˆ๐Ÿฅ‰! Ya bugger! Simple things! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

#suchachild ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Oh, and Iโ€™d like to put a โ€˜belatedโ€™ one in for yesterday.

Received a box which appears to contain a โ€˜newโ€™ induction hob, I guess I will know for sure whatโ€™s in there if the Stoves engineer turns up Monday to finally fix/replace mine.

ย 

Discovering Buffy the Vampire Slayerโ€™s on Amazon Prime, half way through season 1 alreadyย :grinning:

Oh, and got this in the post today. A gift from Pure Planetย :stuck_out_tongue:

Yum!

ย 

Are they worried youโ€™ll starve if they donโ€™t feed you?

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Well jeal ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘!!!!!!!!!!!! How fab!

Oh, and got this in the post today. A gift from Pure Planetย :stuck_out_tongue:

Yum!

ย 

Giphy links are working againย :slight_smile:

ย 

Choose โ€˜embed mediaโ€™ from the text editor tool bar, paste the Giphy link, hit โ€˜Sendโ€™ to postย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just earned my 5000 up badge for 5000 posts! Proper thrilled ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Recycled the old ๐ŸŽ’by cutting it right down โœ‚๏ธbut making it into an inner base for the new one, with its extra straps and compartments. Really chuffed ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

With a bit more of my amazon voucher, I ordered some new waterproof walking trousers, as mine got a bit tatty. Peter Storm. They have just arrived. Have to say, cannot absolutely fault these Amazon delivery guys throughout this pandemic. Same guy as yesterday. Full of smiles, using my name, fully distancing, Masked, and a chuckle re taking my photograph. Cannot fault ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just filled it with few heavy groceries and did few lapsย round the abode ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŽ’๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚just to try it out! Love it already ya bugger ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Love it Nat! Lots of secret little compartments and side pockets. Yep, photo to follow ๐Ÿ“ธ๐ŸŽ’

Doesnโ€™t do it justice, as expected, but hidden pocket even in hood ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Great stuff @Bev! Do we get to see a pic?ย :smiley:

Glad it could be put to good use!ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Backpack arrived already ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Wasย due Saturday, and free delivery, so super impressed ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐ŸŽ’๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

โ€ฆ..just ordered new backpack with part of my lovely Amazon reward vouchers ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Super chuffed ๐ŸŽ’

What make did you go forย @Bevย ?

Sounds good though. For those long hikes to get the steps in!

Well Marc, Iโ€™ve always gone for particular types, or brands, with my many backpacks over the years, when used for walking and working, but lately they havenโ€™t been lasting as long. The bag stays perfect, like new in fact, but zips break and edges tear, so realised now thatย Iโ€™m mainly using for shopping these days, I need a slightly bigger one and stronger one.ย 

Did a lot of browsing, but couldnโ€™t see what I wanted, so just kept using my current one. When that broke Sunday, I came across a slightly larger capacity, made by Blacks ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, and itโ€™s now on itโ€™s way ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

This Wikipedia entry made me happy today.

Umarell (Italian pronunciation: umaหˆrษ›l) a folk term in Bologna referring specifically to men of retirement age who pass the time watching construction sites, especially roadworks โ€” stereotypically with hands clasped behind their back and offering unwanted advice.

:laughing:

Perfecto!

Hereโ€™s a link to the Wikipedia page.

ย 

โ€ฆ..just ordered new backpack with part of my lovely Amazon reward vouchers ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Super chuffed ๐ŸŽ’

What make did you go for @Bevย ?

Sounds good though. For those long hikes to get the steps in!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Lovely Polish man, behind me as I walked into Asda car park, telling me my backpack was wide open! The zip had broken, and Iโ€™d walked with the entire front flap fully open, so credit cards on display and a medical ID card. It was sooooo luckyย nothing was lost!ย 

When I got home two hours later, a letter that Iโ€™d put in backpackย for the ๐Ÿ“ฎ, had dropped out the backpack and was still on the floor by the main entrance door to my flats! Sooooo lucky! ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€

It made me happy that the Polish guy had been so helpful. Anyone could easily have reached in to take the credit cards and ID, or they could have fallen out. I had no idea it was wide open.ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, can imagine, bless her Strutty, seems a lovely peep ๐Ÿ‘