Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 5827 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! 😀

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you 👍

932 replies

@Marc As you’re a cat man, I’m a dog man and I have also loved The Far Side cartoons for years I obviously need to send you…

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/566890671817436668/

STILL makes me laugh

and I’ll personally peruse pure planet pets photos promptly :)

😂 brilliant 

Userlevel 3

@Marc As you’re a cat man, I’m a dog man and I have also loved The Far Side cartoons for years I obviously need to send you…

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/566890671817436668/

STILL makes me laugh

and I’ll personally peruse pure planet pets photos promptly :)

Every day is a good day when you have dogs…

Especially two border collies…

Ah, wonderful stuff @SteveH2707 

I’m a cat man, and they do make me happy (even though they’re rarely smiling). 

Have you spotted our Pure Planet pets photos too? :tiger:

Userlevel 3

Every day is a good day when you have dogs…

Especially two border collies…

Even though one can beat me at chess…

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Wasn’t sure where to place this, whether best in Healthy bodies (for the healthy mind) or here, so decided on What made me happy, as since turning my wildlife calendar 📆to August on Saturday, on life I’ve stood admiring this pic every time I walk passed it 📆🏃‍♀️👍💕

Its of my favourite place - the sea 🌊, and each time I pass, I am breathing in that gorgeous sea air, and imagining how gorgeous that location is right now, high on that cliff, totally safe. No humans anywhere near, no danger of other animals, just pure idyllic freedom 💕💕💕💕💕💕👍for that puffin (and my visualising mind👍💭💭💭💭💭💕👍)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Good job Ange 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏, very good job

Thanks @Bev , I try my best. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Good job Ange 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏, very good job

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Completing my weekend project. Not bad for a first time effort, if I don't say so myself 👍

(Just got other side to do now) 😔

BEHOLD! Willy Wonka dialogue as a saxaphone and drum jazz duet (needs sound)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

OK so this didn’t make me happy as such, but it made me laugh (and, for about two seconds, wonder ‘what the hell has @woz been up to…?’) :joy:

Woz sues…. YouTube?

haha….if I win I’ll buy you all a coffee or two! I may even stretch to cake...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Watching my birds finishing off my 🍟I made for lunch 🐤🐦🐧🐤🐦🐧, they’re loving em bless. Rafa is shouting to his mates “quick birdies, come and get your chippy tea!” 🍟🦅😂😂😂😂😂

OK so this didn’t make me happy as such, but it made me laugh (and, for about two seconds, wonder ‘what the hell has @woz been up to…?’) :joy:

Woz sues…. YouTube?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I was away for a few days so missed the big occasion, but today I’m happy that we’ve gone past the 35,000-mark in the community :man_dancing:

And great to hear all’s sorted @David j 

👍👍

I was away for a few days so missed the big occasion, but today I’m happy that we’ve gone past the 35,000-mark in the community :man_dancing:

And great to hear all’s sorted @David j 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You were missed our Dai 😖, sooooooooooooooooo glad all sorted, we soooo take it for granted,  its a nightmare once its gone. Great it’s fixed 👍👍👍👍👍

Thanks Bev, you’re a gem 💎💎

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great to hear @David j, welcome back! :relaxed:  Really hope the fallout after your flooding hasn’t been too severe and that things are starting to return to normal now :fingers_crossed:

Hi Nataly, flood damage all under control, Covid is slowing the process down but we are making good progress. Then the BT issue occurred, took 10 days to sort - BT were good in repairing the cable, it was one of their contractors who severed the fibre optic and then buried the damaged cable. 
Hey Ho, good to be back in the loop 👍👍

Great to hear @David j, welcome back! :relaxed:  Really hope the fallout after your flooding hasn’t been too severe and that things are starting to return to normal now :fingers_crossed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You were missed our Dai 😖, sooooooooooooooooo glad all sorted, we soooo take it for granted,  its a nightmare once its gone. Great it’s fixed 👍👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I am back, I think - contractors severed the fibre optic cable feeding our house a week ago and it’s taken hours of telephone conversations with BT to try to rectify the situation. Reconnected today and so happy. 📞🖥

After absolutely LOVING this vintage Marmite when it first appeared on our shelves, it was then discontinued a good ten years back. Due to popular demand, it’s back 🙀🙀🙀👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏💕, was sooooooooooooooooooo thrilled to see it today in Morrison’s! I bought three 😂😂😂🤭, its beyond gorgeous as soooooooooooo strong ya beauty! 

Love it or hate it! It’s a winner for me! 

Is it called ‘Extra Old’ because that’s what’s left from when they discontinued it?

My 13-month-old baby son’s giggles as I sat him on the table, starting Humpty Dumpty, then swinging him down to almost the ground before holding him high in the air.  Our favourite game, of which he never tires, but at 11kg he’s quite a workout so I usually stop after 3 or 4 times.  His beautiful happy smile just melts my heart.  

Love this :hugging:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ah that’s soooooo beautiful Adam 👍💕👍, just pure innocence. 

Grsat workout for you too 😂👍💪💪💪

Userlevel 3

My 13-month-old baby son’s giggles as I sat him on the table, starting Humpty Dumpty, then swinging him down to almost the ground before holding him high in the air.  Our favourite game, of which he never tires, but at 11kg he’s quite a workout so I usually stop after 3 or 4 times.  His beautiful happy smile just melts my heart.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It’s not working on every single post tho, I notice, Marc 🤷‍♀️

PS LOVE LOVE LOVE the image caption option 👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏. Big hit that is, nice touch 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

People love or hate photo captions…..

(I’ll get my coat :joy: )