Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 7589 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! 😀

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you 👍

1646 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

..on yer bike?!!

🤣 , if you are asking if I took mam to hospital on my bike @G4RHL , I'm afraid not,  mam would not entertain getting on my bike, ha ha. ( in the car)

..on yer bike?!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh have a marvellous time @Mads .🥂🍰

@Angelabikerbabe that’s brilliant news!

I’m going to Birmingham this weekend to see two of my brothers and my mum and my step dad, we’re all going for dinner and drinks. I’m so excited we’ve not all been in the same place for at least a year. :blush:

Bring on the weekend!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Took just 82 years old mam for the results of her scan on her lung. 18 months ago they found a small lump in her lung and said it was a cancerous lump.. 

Because of her age, we decided just to monitor it.

She has had 4 scans since, and every time the doctor said it was getting a bit smaller ( which I thought was weird)

Anyway. Been for another scan and got results  today, and it was smaller still!  Now the doctor is saying he thinks it was probably NOT cancer in the first place and probably just an infection of some sort. ( because it has gotten smaller everything, and not bigger)

Good News! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nothing made me happy today.  

It's the end of an era!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’ll be able to spot @Angelabikerbabe on the streets now for she will be the one with a ladybird on her wind shield.

🤣

I’ll be able to spot @Angelabikerbabe on the streets now for she will be the one with a ladybird on her wind shield.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ange always turns heads! 🤯

🤣

Ange always turns heads! 🤯

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Angelabikerbabe

Now there’s an idea, paint your crash helmet to look like a giant ladybird, and you can keep them company while they are riding with you...

Now that's an idea! Would certainly turn heads 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Had an unexpected hitchhiker , a ladybird, on my windscreen yesterday. Walked from one side to the other, whilst I was moving, before it spread its wings and flew off. Must've had superglue on its feet! 🤣

Not seen so many ladybirds this year. One or two tidying the garden at the weekend. I take it you realised your passenger should have had a crash helmet?!

You had ladybirds tidying your garden at the weekend?, can you send them to me when they've finished

🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Angelabikerbabe 

Now there’s an idea, paint your crash helmet to look like a giant ladybird, and you can keep them company while they are riding with you...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee hee, made me titter

@Duppy The use of English. I should learn! I’ll box them up and send them via WiFi.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Had an unexpected hitchhiker , a ladybird, on my windscreen yesterday. Walked from one side to the other, whilst I was moving, before it spread its wings and flew off. Must've had superglue on its feet! 🤣

Not seen so many ladybirds this year. One or two tidying the garden at the weekend. I take it you realised your passenger should have had a crash helmet?!

You had ladybirds tidying your garden at the weekend?, can you send them to me when they've finished

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

🤣🤣 he/she was doing really well hanging on .didn't seem to phase them at all. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Current status:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Brilliant

There have been swarms of them recently. Whole sides of buildings covered. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Current status:

I’ve just got back in but guess I’ll have to get up and do the ironing - lol

Current status:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It’s my daughters birthday today. We have her an iPhone. She cried. It made me happy as she appreciated what a big gift it was and that we tbh k she’s mature enough to have one. 

and I got a hug (tbf I get a lot of hugs from her)

Awwww how lovely 😍 

Badge +3

It’s my daughters birthday today. We have her an iPhone. She cried. It made me happy as she appreciated what a big gift it was and that we tbh k she’s mature enough to have one. 

and I got a hug (tbf I get a lot of hugs from her)