Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 5493 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! 😀

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you 👍

1586 replies

Gave my mum and dad bear hugs yesterday. First time I’d seen them for real in eleven months!

There were tears. But it was wonderful. 

It is even more different when its many years.

Badge +3

I’ve treated myself to a nice new monitor. Energy efficient and a good le cable connection too as it powers my laptop :)

I rarely buy stuff just for me these days. 

Nice! This monitor sounds good @Jowl what’s the make/model (if you don’t mind sharing) :slight_smile:

It’s a Dell U2722DE

Outputs 90w to connect and power your laptop via USB-C. It can also feed a 2nd monitor using DP out. And it has some USB ports etc. 

just need a 2nd one of the same size now. 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m happy the sun is shining 

Me too @Lapa and it looks like it’s gonna be a 'scorcher’ for the weekend.

Wishing all our amazing community members a great one, though I hope it doesn’t get too hot :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Me too @Lapa and it looks like it’s gonna be a 'scorcher’ for the weekend.

Wishing all our amazing community members a great one, though I hope it doesn’t get too hot :sunglasses:

It’s roasting ha. Wish I had my garden done and could sit out in it. Another 4 weeks be back to rain by then with British weather standards 😂 

It’s roasting ha. 

I hear you @Lapa  

If it gets any hotter I will be wearing chest waders filled to the top with party ice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s roasting ha. 

I hear you @Lapa  

If it gets any hotter I will be wearing chest waders filled to the top with party ice.

You’ll need to post a photo of that 😂 😂 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Got some painting done In  the garden 👍

It’s a Dell U2722DE

Outputs 90w to connect and power your laptop via USB-C. It can also feed a 2nd monitor using DP out. And it has some USB ports etc. 

just need a 2nd one of the same size now. 😂

Thanks @Jowl it looks great. And yes I def think you deserve a second one. That would be some set-up :slight_smile:

I like all the feeders. It’s a work of art in its own right.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I like all the feeders. It’s a work of art in its own right.

Thanks Richard @G4RHL , glad you like it.

have a little bit of finishing off to do at the bottom,  going to be black, (waiting for the paint )

Badge +3

Me and the wife took our eldest on a surprise trip to Alton Towers today. He’s missed all this Y6 trips and a residential and worked so hard all year. We told him he was having an education day out - until he guessed where we’re going 😃 Great weather and great fun. 

our youngest was so mature about her brother getting this treat and was happy we’d arranged for her nan to pick her up from school. What we didn’t tell her was that she was going for her favourite food (Chinese) at a restaurant - she’s only had takeaway before. Seeing her face and how grown up was was heart warming. 

so proud of my 2 kids - it’s nice to be able to treat them, however small. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Me and the wife took our eldest on a surprise trip to Alton Towers today. He’s missed all this Y6 trips and a residential and worked so hard all year. We told him he was having an education day out - until he guessed where we’re going 😃 Great weather and great fun. 

our youngest was so mature about her brother getting this treat and was happy we’d arranged for her nan to pick her up from school. What we didn’t tell her was that she was going for her favourite food (Chinese) at a restaurant - she’s only had takeaway before. Seeing her face and how grown up was was heart warming. 

so proud of my 2 kids - it’s nice to be able to treat them, however small. 

Ah how lovely. 👍🌞👍🌞👍🌞

@Jowl That’s nice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Such a lovely, warm post, Jowl 👍👏

Such a lovely, warm post, Jowl 👍👏

Agree @Bev Nice one @Jowl - good to see something so full of love and warmth, amid all the chaos of the world! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hubby made me a Mcdonalds breakfast muffin with hash browns, yum yum. Better than McDonald's! 

Yesterday a squirrel was having a feast on my nuts. He often does. No, not those nuts! I have a camera set up near to the feeders and it can pick up sound and if I switch on the audio system I can talk through from inside the house. Fun time methinks. Squirrel was deeply engrossed with his feeding. I said “Hey, squirrel, what you doing?” He stopped dead, head came up, looked around and then started feeding again. Through the camera system from inside the house I said “You know you shouldn’t be there. Buggar off.” He stopped. I said it again. And yes he buggered off at a great rate of knots!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yesterday a squirrel was having a feast on my nuts. He often does. No, not those nuts! I have a camera set up near to the feeders and it can pick up sound and if I switch on the audio system I can talk through from inside the house. Fun time methinks. Squirrel was deeply engrossed with his feeding. I said “Hey, squirrel, what you doing?” He stopped dead, head came up, looked around and then started feeding again. Through the camera system from inside the house I said “You know you shouldn’t be there. Buggar off.” He stopped. I said it again. And yes he buggered off at a great rate of knots!

Ha ha, I wish I'd seen that! 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did another bit of mam and dads garden yesterday  , more astroturf down....less for them to mow.👍

It looks so sweet @Angelabikerbabe! Love the white border around it. Fancy helping with our garden? :wink: (we could use the help, neither of us are particularly green-fingered :sweat_smile: )

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @Nataly 

I wish I had the time to do yours too,

I need to retire and take up landscape gardening, I think 🤣🤣

@Angelabikerbabe There is a hammer left on the path!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Get Titchmarsh and his team round, Nat! He does such a wonderful job doesn’t he? Week after week, I’m in tears, but this weeks, with the lovely 15 year old boy, Harri, with cancer, was just beyond heartbreaking. Absolutely stunning garden he transformed it into, for Harri and his mum, for his last few months, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Angelabikerbabe There is a hammer left on the path!

🤣 yes that's what I used to hammer in the pins @G4RHL 👍 you've got good eyes! 👀