Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 5493 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! 😀

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you 👍

1586 replies

@Angelabikerbabe Looks nice down there it. Enjoy it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hope you got some Pasties….makes me want to get in the old motor and get down there. Might get some posted in...well thats a thought...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hope you got some Pasties….makes me want to get in the old motor and get down there. Might get some posted in...well thats a thought...

No pasties @Strutt G , not really a fan. Did have some cornich ice cream, unfortunately my husband had his stolen by a seagull! Swooped down and took it right our of his hand! Hilarious. 

( he managed to eat half of it before it was pilfered)

@Angelabikerbabe Was the ice cream, cream in colour, rich and creamy?  I remember the days ofd a proper Walls Cornish Ice Cream. You bought it as a small block and put it between a couple of wafers. That quality of ice cream seems to have disappeared unless somebody knows better. I hope somebody does. My grand kids like Magnums but like many so called ice creams there is sufficient cream to make them qualify, a tiny percentage, but the bulk is artificial stuff.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That brings back so many fond memories of my childhood @G4RHL . Grandma often gave us ice cream in wafers and it was a challenge to see who could eat it with the least mess.

That brings back so many fond memories of my childhood @G4RHL . Grandma often gave us ice cream in wafers and it was a challenge to see who could eat it with the least mess.

When Adam was a boy, and I was knee high to a grasshopper, my mother took me to a farm open day, where a tiny community put on little events. One was the ice cream making parlour. The cream came fresh from the cows more or less next door. The memory of course paints this as something wonderful! Like watching the coronation in black and white!

No pasties @Strutt G , not really a fan. Did have some cornich ice cream, unfortunately my husband had his stolen by a seagull! Swooped down and took it right our of his hand! Hilarious. 

( he managed to eat half of it before it was pilfered)

This story made me happy today:joy:  thanks for sharing @Angelabikerbabe - the photos look amazing, I’m only slightly jealous! Hope you’re having a fantastic trip :heart_eyes:, despite thieving seagulls! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Angelabikerbabe Was the ice cream, cream in colour, rich and creamy?  I remember the days ofd a proper Walls Cornish Ice Cream. You bought it as a small block and put it between a couple of wafers. That quality of ice cream seems to have disappeared unless somebody knows better. I hope somebody does. My grand kids like Magnums but like many so called ice creams there is sufficient cream to make them qualify, a tiny percentage, but the bulk is artificial stuff.

It was advertised as proper cornish ice cream, strawberry through and through. It was yummy! 

Got this lovely healthy nibbles box from PP yesterday! Feeling very lucky - a couple of the snacks may have already gone missing under mysterious circumstances….

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Looks Good - flavour flav

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Oh man! That is just FAB 😳😳😳😳😳👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👏, how kind bless. Enjoy Mads 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That looks awesome @Mads, what a lovely gift. 

In need of some new tumblers I stumbled across these in Aldi this morning, made my day. (I suspect I may need to get out more!) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Got this lovely healthy nibbles box from PP yesterday! Feeling very lucky - a couple of the snacks may have already gone missing under mysterious circumstances….

haha @Mads I think a clandestine search of wastepaper baskets is called for...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Lovely trip to historic Dartmouth today, with a river cruise up to Dittisham and back. 

@NannyOgg 100% recycled glass, how brilliant! Was that down Aldi’s very special mystery middle aisles? I could spend hours in Aldi!

@woz :joy: busted!

That looks absolutely stunning @Angelabikerbabe :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Beautiful place @Angelabikerbabe 

I am a total sucker for those aisles @Mads. They are really sturdy thick glass, not like a lot of the thin brittle glass we tend to get a lot of.Picked up a few Marvel and Harry Potter light up wow pods for the kids rooms too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Feeding the local family of swans and 7 cygnets from our holiday home balcony, gonna miss this.

@Angelabikerbabe I thought life was about having your ducks in a line, not swans

Its raining in your home town at present.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Angelabikerbabe I thought life was about having your ducks in a line, not swans

Its raining in your home town at present.

Oh, I'm glad it's raining,....not to be spiteful, but so my garden gets watered 👍

I hear Dominic Cummings has written a book.  It is called “Shortcomings” and he is to do a personal signing of the same in Barnard Castle at SpecSavers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hee hee hee and how the Hancock can think it’s business as usual, I do not know.

Nice! 😂

You wait until the Sunday papers have been printed and delivered. You then resign as they can’t make a meal of you and in 7 days all will be forgotten.  We are told that uncle Boris described him as ……. useless. Perhaps the description was not related to his job? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I must admit, I have always liked the guy, but now every photo I see of him shouts “Slimy”. Real dirty dog 👎👎👎👎👎

“Slimy” always prevailed/prevails in my mind whenever I see him. Cummings is criticised as a man with a chip on his shoulder, but his assessment of others and the competency of public sector departments  and bodies, spot on.