Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 7584 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! 😀

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you 👍

1641 replies

@Angelabikerbabe A company in the States has developed a camera system for pedal cycles. Camera goes under seat pointing rearward and there is a screen on the handlebars.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Visited Stourhead House and Gardens in Wiltshire today 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Stunning photography @Scubaseahorse 

I had a rather nice portion of rhubarb and mango crumble sprinkled with ground ginger and the crumble topping had added crushed up stem ginger cookies. It was a rather nice treat at 10:30 this morning and before you ask, I had custard with it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @NannyOgg 

That sounds rather yummy  😊😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If I may say so myself it was pretty smashing. I went with a James Martin method of cooking the rhubarb. I’d always part boiled it in the past but roasting it is better by miles. The mango and ginger I chucked in myself cos I’m a greedy git.

The rhubarb was freshly grown in Devon. My friend visited her cousin over the half term and brought rhubarb back with her. They grow so much of their own stuff and live pretty much off grid so I believe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Scubes ya beauty., you’ve done it again with your photography 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳👍👍👍👍👍👍Absolutely wonderful. On life, I was scrolling thru those just now and found myself outloud saying “oooooh, wow, “ etc, they are truly stunning photos! Looks soooooo idyllic! I especially liked 1 and 3, but 5 was my favourite by far. Truly gorgeous. Now get those in the nature competition for this month our Scubes! Outstanding. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks so much @Bev you are very kind.  We had such a nice day out and the weather is amazing so thought I would share a few.  😊😊😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Mummy woodpecker brought her chick to be fed in our garden today.

Tried my best to get a pic, but they kept moving and hiding in the other side of the tree. 

Hopefully they'll come back  🙏👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Tried my best to get a pic, but they kept moving and hiding in the other side of the tree. 

Baby woodpecker back in the garden , hooray

Great pictures. Our male comes in the garden every day. Sometimes just for a drink but he is yet to bring his woman and family. Still sensitive to movement but is becoming more confident. Yesterday a baby tit flew into the conservatory and stunned itself. Fortunately after picking it up and putting it out on the lawn it recovered after about 10 minutes and flew off. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great pictures. Our male comes in the garden every day. Sometimes just for a drink but he is yet to bring his woman and family. Still sensitive to movement but is becoming more confident. Yesterday a baby tit flew into the conservatory and stunned itself. Fortunately after picking it up and putting it out on the lawn it recovered after about 10 minutes and flew off. 

Awwww, haven't seen any baby blue tits this year yet Rich, still waiting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Off on holiday for a week to Kingsbridge, South Devon.   .

Our holiday, which was postponed from last year. 

Set off 4.45am this morning, arrived 11.45. (7 hours of driving.)  🌞🌞🌞

None stop?!!! Allow a longer time coming back as it is up hill!

Enjoy the break.

This will help make me happy!

What an iPad can do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Stunning Rich! 😳😳😳😳👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏Get them in the monthly photo comp, theme is nature! 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

None stop?!!! Allow a longer time coming back as it is up hill!

Enjoy the break.

Yeah, we're stopping off in Church Stretton, Shropshire for 2 days on the way back, to break up the journey Rich @G4RHL 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What an iPad can do.

Oooh , lovely flowers Rich 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Beautiful @G4RHL 

Badge +3

Cards from the kids for Father’s Day made me happy today ❤️

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah, both lovely Jowl 👍👍, loving the handmade one 💕, hope you enjoy your special day 👍🏆

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Lovely @Jowl 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Lovely visit to Tintagel and Port Isaac today. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Both gorgeous locations, Ange 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Lovely visit to Tintagel and Port Isaac today. 

Nice!