Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 5493 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! 😀

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you 👍

1586 replies

2nd jab done this morning  . Waiting for side effects to kick in.

I had none after both jabs. My wife had the same reaction after both starting within about 4 hours - headache, shivering, tired, muscle aches. Went after about 18 hours. Second time not as bad as the first. I wonder if I escaped a reaction because I suspect I may have had Covid in February 2020, picked up from a friend I saw end of January 2020 whom I think was certain to have had it but hospital had no idea what it was dealing with at the time. Thought he had some type of pneumonia.

hope though you get no reaction. 

Badge +3

It’s our wedding anniversary today. Best 12 years ever. 

We’ll be celebrating by me snoozing on the sofa most of the day and my wife sleeping in bed 😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I won’t ask, Jowl 🛋🛌🤣, but congratulations on your 12 wonderful years 🥂🍾

@Jowl Well done, congratulations.

I wonder who has been married (to the same person!) the longest in this community? I am coming up to 51 years.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ah that’d be a good polly, Rich! You should start it 👍🥂💕

Badge +3

I won’t ask, Jowl 🛋🛌🤣, but congratulations on your 12 wonderful years 🥂🍾

Ha, She’s been working nights this week. So no nagging in the day and I get to snooze when I like :D

Badge +2

Congratulations @Jowl it's wonderful when you find the one ❤️

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It’s our wedding anniversary today. Best 12 years ever. 

We’ll be celebrating by me snoozing on the sofa most of the day and my wife sleeping in bed 😃

Congratulations @Jowl 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I wonder who has been married (to the same person!) the longest in this community? I am coming up to 51 years.

Coming up 26 years. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Bad again. Worse this time. Still feels like I've been run over by a steamroller, 2 days in. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Bad again. Worse this time. Still feels like I've been run over by a steamroller, 2 days in. 

Wish you better @Angelabikerbabe - positive thoughts on the way to yer…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Wish you better @Angelabikerbabe - positive thoughts on the way to yer…..

Thanks @Strutt G 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Oh no @Angelabikerbabe 

Hope it doesn’t last too long for you. Bad times.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh no @Angelabikerbabe 

Hope it doesn’t last too long for you. Bad times.

Thanks @NannyOgg 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hopefully it will soon pass @Angelabikerbabe 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Coming up 26 years. 👍

39 years 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

51 years @G4RHL , that’s amazing.

These days you could murder two people and be out on good behaviour in that time!! We will be 21 years this year (although he may not make 22 if he forgets my birthday again next year :rage::laughing:

@NannyOgg Oh dear! How can a man forget his wife’s birthday?! I even remember the date I first took my wife out - and that is a lot more than 50 years ago despite my being in my 30s!!😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

LOL Nanny 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

39 our Scubes 😳👍👏, the big Ruby next then 👍👍👍👍👍🥂🍾

You've still got the record so far, Rich 👍👏, and sounding very young for your years may I add. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

In slight fairness he works away but boy did he get a talking to, especially as that was the 2nd year running :face_palm_tone1:  Poor bloke lol! He’s been tolld that I will be getting breakfast in bed both weekends that he’s home … he hasn’t dared to argue :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hee hee you beat me our Rich, oooooh in your thirties of course, that’s why you sound so young then, all explained 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏😉

@Bev Told you, I am in my thirties. At least you can’t see me here as methinks a bald head and a grey beard may be a giveaway! I am extremely close to hitting 4 score years minus 5 sadly. At least I will then be exempt from jury service and stop getting bowel testing kits each year! Such a joy they are!! 💩

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hee hee hee, I dunno, you see guys in thirties shaving heads now, so you could get away with it 🤣🤣

As you soooo know, age is just a number our Rich. I’m the opposite, I’m 94 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Results of the MRI scan on ye olde back. Surgery is not needed! Yeee-harrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

(Just a small matter of being solemnly told by Dr Serious that I need to up my exercises game).

Overall that’s a great result :relaxed: phew!

Good news @Marc . Keep off multiple plank and press up exercises. Unless it is horizontal jogging!

Try the Yoga Sun Salutation series of exercises. No hard effort required but a lot of the exercises are focussed on the back and base of the spine. In time you find it is not just being able to touch your toes but put your hands flat on the floor instead of just your finger tips. Plus you lose fat around your waist!

I am now trying to get my swimming time down. I swim 1000 meters each morning. Pre Covid it took me about 30 minutes. Covid came, no swimming. It took me 32.5 minutes if not more at first. It has taken a few weeks to get it down and now I am around 29.5 minutes. It looks like I am averaging better than 2 years ago - the beauty of the Apple Watch and the Activity app means records are kept. The watch records the number of lengths swum, the distance, the swimming strokes used and the time. Will have to see how far down I can get it. I struggle to get why heart rate up at times! This morning I averaged 147 bpm.  According to the pundits my maximum for my age is about 125 bpm. B….cks to that!

I have to say that returning to the gym a number of members  I meet again there have ballooned somewhat. The older you are the harder it gets to remove it. I suspect everybody here knows that without me saying it!