Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 6972 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! 😀

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you 👍

1280 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You’re so so right re who knows who, our Nanny. I soooooo soooooo get you, truly happening everywhere lately. You’re not alone, and it’s so so so wrong that so many innocent people suffer for months, years. You were very very very brave to confront, but as you say, sometimes you reach that tether end, and you don’t even think of the potential danger, but good for you our Nanny, and fantastic result to see them finally get what’s deserved. 

I truly hope your health will improve now, I can see just by these simple posts, or any post really, the person behind them, and you're always so so so bubbly, happy and fun, I’ve never seen another side, so know you’ll spring back instantly. I know it’s easy to conceal when it’s virtual, so not always obvious how people feel, but hopefully now they’re out the picture, and you’ll hopefully get decent nice considerate respectful neighbours when it’s rented out again, you’ll soon be feeling 110%.

btw, DMs whenever you need to get anything off your chest, absolutely fine, and I know I will be speaking for lots of 👂👂👂here within the community, not just myself our Nanny. Big celebratory hugs 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉👍👍👍👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Oh NannyOgg, so pleased for you, having that on your doorstep in the middle of a pandemic must have been unbelievably stressful. Shame about the “naked streak” though 😄😄. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You’re  so good @Bev, great support 👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Not at all our Dai, but thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Bev 

Unfortunately the point about them getting what's deserved is far from what actually happens.

It just means that the problem is moved to another area, where the trail of destruction, harassment, anti social behaviour and  noise is moved to another area where the current residents will be subjected to the same treatment, before again being moved on to continue the cycle, more often than not also leaving a trail of debts behind them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sadly Duppy, I think you may be right. It seems to be an escalating problem again, did seem to ease for a few years, but I think the pandemic has acted as a catalyst, or rather an excuse to vent anger and disruption. Same as a minority of people joining protests just to cause trouble. 

For now tho, our Nanny has silence at long long last, and the feeling of that relief, and all that alleviation of stress, has to be worth celebrating, even if it’s only a Fry’s 🍫👍 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thank you everyone,

We have had the most amazing support from so many many people, it really has carried me through. I’ve got way more than Fry’s in my fridge let me tell you :joy:

What made me happy today is our dining table finally arrived after months and months being delayed in the ports! 

What makes me extra happy is knowing it’s made from reclaimed wood, so we’re giving it a new lease of life :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

What made me happy today is our dining table finally arrived after months and months being delayed in the ports! 

What makes me extra happy is knowing it’s made from reclaimed wood, so we’re giving it a new lease of life :grinning:

Lovely!!

Badge

What has my days this week has been the lovely spring mornings

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh stunning picture, Ohit! Truly stunning. Those birds really keep you staring at the photo, don’t they! Ooooh that’s lovely.

Nat, I can soooooooooo feel your eagerness to be entertaining all your family, serving a big home cooked meal at your new dining table. It’s gorgeous, and what an added wonderful bonus to have it made from reclaimed wood 👏👏👏. Win win. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

https://www.mixcloud.com/MiSoul/dj-spen-mi-soul-radio-sat-7pm-9pm-17-04-2021/

Happy to say that I’ve been successfully jabbed. Very impressed by the efficiency and kindness of the NHS staff.

But what’s making me more happy today, to be honest, is the beautiful weather :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Happy to say that I’ve been successfully jabbed. Very impressed by the efficiency and kindness of the NHS staff.

But what’s making me more happy today, to be honest, is the beautiful weather :sunglasses:

Which one did you get @Marc ?

Are you feeling OK? 😁

Which one did you get @Marc ?

Are you feeling OK? 😁

The mighty AZ @Angelabikerbabe 

Yep, I feel fine. Arm was a bit sore Sunday night when trying to sleep, but all good now. :slight_smile:

This makes me happy today:

UK to speed up target to cut carbon emissions

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Watching the mouse in my garden,  out in broad daylight  .  .so cute 😍

You’re very brave @Angelabikerbabe :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You’re very brave @Angelabikerbabe :wink:

Naw @Marc , they're so cute. ( I'm sure I've got a screw loose) 🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Fantastic day out at Cragside, National Trust property at Northumberland . House not open but had a great walk around the mega estate. 👍

I am pleased that something is working well Bev,  I have been aching a little recently due probably to outdoor diy tasks 😬. Also, grandchildren have been staying in a caravan on The Gower peninsula and I thing that piggybacks, hide & seek, rough & tumble etc etc has taken its toll. Great fun and great weather 🌞🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿  😄😄

Gower peninsula sounds gorgeous @David j 

Are you being indundated with tourists yet? I’m wondering about paying a little old bank holiday visit :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Marc, it’s been very busy around the Mumbles & Gower peninsula areas due partly to the lovely sunshine we’ve been experiencing and restrictions being relaxed. There have been reports of cars having to queue to enter car parks around Gower and particularly the Rhossili area. I’ve checked out the weather reports and unfortunately Bank Holiday Monday looks grim, torrential rain and strong winds forecast 😬😬 - looks like Bath will experience the same conditions. 
Hey Ho 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Hi Marc, it’s been very busy around the Mumbles & Gower peninsula areas due partly to the lovely sunshine we’ve been experiencing and restrictions being relaxed. There have been reports of cars having to queue to enter car parks around Gower and particularly the Rhossili area. I’ve checked out the weather reports and unfortunately Bank Holiday Monday looks grim, torrential rain and strong winds forecast 😬😬 - looks like Bath will experience the same conditions. 
Hey Ho 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Classic! Thanks @David j think I’ll give it a miss then! Don’t fancy queues much. Have a restful one :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Classic! Thanks @David j think I’ll give it a miss then! Don’t fancy queues much. Have a restful one :blush:

I’ll monitor the situation but it looks like all UK beauty spots will be busy this summer. 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Jumping around with my tambourine in community spirited kind of way - oo I feel all fuzzy..