Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 7587 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! 😀

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you 👍

1646 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The collared doves in our garden are getting into the spirit of Valentines Day. ❤❤❤

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Adorable birds, they truly are, Ange, bless em 💕💕💕💕💕🐦🐦

The collared doves in our garden are getting into the spirit of Valentines Day. ❤❤❤

How lovely @Angelabikerbabe Love and Spring is in the air? :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A lovely lunchtime walk, a beautiful mallard drake and our river Wear resident geese, what more could you ask for? 🐦

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sooooo divine Ange 👏👍💕

I’ve been watching my two pigeons finishing off their lovely nest! It’s been beautiful to watch them both 💕💕, and be gorgeous to follow the progress of the babies soon 🐣🐣🐣#excited.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Getting back on the bike today, for the first time in what seems an age, now the snow has finally gone , woo hoo!! 🏍🏍🏍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Finally got my free £125 switching bonus from Nat West , for switching my current account  .

Started the switch in November, so glad to get it now. 👍💰💰

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

This is actually a 'what will make me happy today'? 

I am going to do my first new year hive visit today, to see how well our college bee colony is getting on. About 2 weeks ago today, I did see flying bees so every reason to expect more of the same with weather being fairly dry and mild recently.

I will bee updating soon. Very excited🐝

A lovely lunchtime walk, a beautiful mallard drake and our river Wear resident geese, what more could you ask for? 🐦

@Angelabikerbabe I guess I recognise the bridge and hotel in the background of your geese photo!

Great to be out for a walk and hear the birds singing, they are happy. Our pigeons in the garden have paired up. The collared ones have not appeared yet but usually the male is chasing the female up and down the top of the fence. I assume it is the male doing the chasing. In this day and and age one has to be careful how we judge!

My daughter in law in Australia finds it hilarious that we have tits in the garden!

Not long @Angelabikerbabe before you/we have the river banks bursting into a bright fresh green. A beautiful sight but we ought not to let too many people know!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Angelabikerbabe I guess I recognise the bridge and hotel in the background of your geese photo!

Great to be out for a walk and hear the birds singing, they are happy. Our pigeons in the garden have paired up. The collared ones have not appeared yet but usually the male is chasing the female up and down the top of the fence. I assume it is the male doing the chasing. In this day and and age one has to be careful how we judge!

My daughter in law in Australia finds it hilarious that we have tits in the garden!

Not long @Angelabikerbabe before you/we have the river banks bursting into a bright fresh green. A beautiful sight but we ought not to let too many people know!!!

I look forward to spring every year,. My favourite time of year. 🐦

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Delighted to report that my college bee hive has still got a healthy number of bees in it, so as the weather continues to warm , they will be growing in number over the next few months. Very happy.

Hopefully later in the year I will try and post images from UK nside the hive too.🐝🐝🐝

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Really excited for you Dasp! Be really interested to follow the progress 👍

Our Mavis started keeping 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝last year, but he’s not around on here so much now.

Keep us updated! 👏👍👏

Delighted to report that my college bee hive has still got a healthy number of bees in it, so as the weather continues to warm , they will be growing in number over the next few months. Very happy.

Hopefully later in the year I will try and post images from UK nside the hive too.🐝🐝🐝

I can't resist. That’s sweet!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah fantastic,!!!👍❤

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yea thats great Daspy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My happy thought is there is only one more Sunday until my week off 🎉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sunshine! Sunshine made me happy today 🌞🌞🌞🌞 (well yesterday anyway)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Cheers all, will let you know how the bees go.

This morning as I started my morning exercise, I noticed a lump in the middle of the road and on further inspection noticed it had prickles and was a hedgehog, so I moved it from the road as it was quite stationary. As I placed on a nearby drive. As its feet hit the ground it scurried off in to the early Cheshire morning.😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Cheers all, will let you know how the bees go.

This morning as I started my morning exercise, I noticed a lump in the middle of the road and on further inspection noticed it had prickles and was a hedgehog, so I moved it from the road as it was quite stationary. As I placed on a nearby drive. As its feet hit the ground it scurried off in to the early Cheshire morning.😊

Nice  one @Daspy 👍

My happy thought is there is only one more Sunday until my week off 🎉 

Going anywhere nice @Lapa ?! :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Marc  unfortunately with a lockdown we can’t exactly go far. Though least I may be able to  get housing supplies which I can’t atm as they are only open during the week for the trades, which is fair enough. It’s not essential. I was hoping to be in a position to finally move into my house but can’t see that happening now. Hopefully end of March now. Will get there one day 😂 

@Marc  unfortunately with a lockdown we can’t exactly go far. Though least I may be able to  get housing supplies which I can’t atm as they are only open during the week for the trades, which is fair enough. It’s not essential. I was hoping to be in a position to finally move into my house but can’t see that happening now. Hopefully end of March now. Will get there one day 😂 

Enjoy the rest (if we can call it that!) @Lapa 

Moving house during lockdown is no doubt a big stress. As if moving wasn’t stressful enough already :open_mouth: Hang in there 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Today very simple the weather.......gorgeous! More please!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Had nice surprise when flipped over to March 👏👍😊. Proud 😝👍

Pinch punch 🥊

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Today very simple the weather.......gorgeous! More please!!!!

Me too. Sat in my garden for ages, communing with nature. It was wonderful 👏 😊 ❤