Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 6972 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! 😀

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you 👍

1281 replies

What made me happy today is 1000 posts of what made people happy! :smiley::heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And you’ve done 2500 replies! What lovely round numbers 😂👍👏👏👏👏👏

Today I’m really happy to be in a virtual classroom for the first of three days of Excel and lectures about business analytics. Yep, really happy about that. Really, really chuffed. Delighted, in fact :sweat_smile::rage:

In my former professional life I had to get brownie points each year. Sorry CPD, Continual Professional Development points. A complete waste of time. The cost was great, the lecturers just read out their notes which you could buy for a few quid a week or so later. I had to have the points but knowing the boredom factor would arise, sat at the back of the room to have a quiet Zizz!

So Marc, back of the room and catch up on some shut eye!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In my former professional life I had to get brownie points each year. Sorry CPD, Continual Professional Development points. A complete waste of time. The cost was great, the lecturers just read out their notes which you could buy for a few quid a week or so later. I had to have the points but knowing the boredom factor would arise, sat at the back of the room to have a quiet Zizz!

So Marc, back of the room and catch up on some shut eye!

Thank goodness I don’t have to put up with crap anymore. I “had” to go on these management assessment centres in a previous career that I ditched leading up to millennium. It became relentless as the concept of never being in your comfort zone ended up being so stressful that it was counter productive. Most of the stuff was just a rewrite of what came before and just repackaging concepts. It fooled the newbies. Not saying that you did not learn anything, but it was the way ego z’s rolled it out.  Its different if your fully on board and really appreciate who you work for….as you feel appreciated, but when your dragged to the party it gets harder and harder to brush yourself down making out its all so great when have to present. As they say don’t (always) believe in the hype. 

I’m so happy happy and happy happiness to Y’all

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Getting full housework done early doors, then sifting thru childhood photos to use for a 🌜🐖50th birthday. Beautiful memories 💕💕💕💕💕. 

Body aches like billio now tho, but nice to get lots ticked off my list after procrastinating 👍👏✔️✔️✔️

Getting full housework done early doors, then sifting thru childhood photos to use for a 🌜🐖50th birthday. Beautiful memories 💕💕💕💕💕. 

Took me a good few seconds to figure out you meant Moonpig… time for another coffee methinks :grin:

Sounds very sweet! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And now the chinooks just flew over, soooooo low, to refuel! OMG SOOOOOOOOOO exciting! Didn’t quite get my phone out in time but wowsa! 🚁. Wish my grandad was still here to see that beauty!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Amazing spectacle!!! Military helicopters flew over our coastline beginning of summer, apparently it was a training mission. It’s quite a sight & sound encounter 👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Lovely to see and hear Dai, especially as no aviation shows throughout covid. Impulsive sightings always make my heart pound 💓and go a little way for making up for no displays. 

These bad boys are making me extra happy right now, as not stopped all day, as got my Christmas lights up! Eek! So finally sat down, realising was starving, and these are sooooooo close to Greggs vegan beauty, no lie! 🙀👍👏💕. Granted high in fat, salt, calories, but sooooo good when saved yourself all day. Big hit 👍👍👍👍😜

Super delicious

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

These bad boys are making me extra happy right now, as not stopped all day, as got my Christmas lights up! Eek! So finally sat down, realising was starving, and these are sooooooo close to Greggs vegan beauty, no lie! 🙀👍👏💕. Granted high in fat, salt, calories, but sooooo good when saved yourself all day. Big hit 👍👍👍👍

Oh Bev, I am off for a snack now after seeing these guys 😂😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

😂😂😂😂😂😂👍

(Technically, this was yesterday. But I didn’t get a chance to post it :innocent: )

Picking up the keys to my new (and first) house! 

It’s been a lot of hard work… I’m sure @Marc was fed up of hearing my stories about the process :joy:

Opening the front door for the first time!

More posts to come soon, hopefully, all about moving house and the work we’re planning on doing! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

How exciting Nataly, congratulations on making this happen at a difficult time. I remember my first terrace house and how I felt making the move from my parents to living on my own (on my own for a little period 😂). 
Enjoy 👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Brilliant news Nat, really pleased for you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah lovely photo Nat! I remember that excitement with apprehension, of first home after leaving parents. Bet you’ll be settled in in no time 👍. Really thrilled for you, hope you’ll be very very happy in your new abode Nat 🏡👍👏🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

It’s been a lot of hard work… I’m sure @Marc was fed up of hearing my stories about the process :joy:

Well a little bit :laughing:

Fantastic news!

Hahaha happy to see @25 quid is channelling Jose Mourinho today 

Nice signature :sunglasses:

This:

Twenty-four bags of Lavazza coffee. Might last until Jan

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

This little beauty landed at my door today. Quite a lovely selection of photos. 
👏👏👏👏👏

Badge

This little beauty landed at my door today. Quite a lovely selection of photos. 
👏👏👏👏👏

Super lovely surprise! Thanks very much to both @Nataly and @Marc !!

Badge

(Technically, this was yesterday. But I didn’t get a chance to post it :innocent: )

It’s been a lot of hard work… I’m sure @Marc was fed up of hearing my stories about the process :joy:

Opening the front door for the first time!

More posts to come soon, hopefully, all about moving house and the work we’re planning on doing! 

How exiciting! Congratulations @Nataly 
Just in time to nest for Christmas. Enjoy it :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Constructing our Christmas Card and having time to do things together

This stunning images in the ‘Earth Photos’ competition makes me happy.

They’re nearly as a good as our own monthly photo challenges! :laughing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ha ha yes stunning is the word.