Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 6972 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! ๐Ÿ˜€

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you ๐Ÿ‘

1281 replies

This just happened!ย :blush:

Forty thousand

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Badge +2

This made me happy today.... finding this amazing App called Star Walk 2.ย ย 

Free to download.ย  ย Just point to the skies and you'll be amazed.ย 

That looks pretty cool @LUCKY JOย 

Apparently this is going to be a good month to see some shooting stars at night, as long as itโ€™s not too cloudy of course.ย :telescope:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

All my neighbours seem to be out (rarity) so absolute bliss ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚#itslikeadetached

Badge +2

This made me happy today...... Louis had a cut & blow-dry and came home looking and smelling gorgeous.ย ย 

ย 

This made me happy today...... Louis had a cut & blow-dry and came home looking and smelling gorgeous.ย ย 

ย 

Gorgeous @LUCKY JOย 

Not sure Louis is too happy about it thoughย :laughing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OMG Louis looks soooooo adorable ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿพ

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Having the whole of Morrisonโ€™s to myself this morning ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚. Early ๐Ÿšช๐Ÿšช๐Ÿšช๐Ÿšชbut what a rarity! What a treat! ๐Ÿ›’๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Badge +2

.... unbelievable.. but I'm still picking runner beans .ย  That made me so happy today โ˜บย 

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Probably the only bean I donโ€™t like, Lucky Jo, BUT they do look really good ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

What made me happy today was seeing a photo of how 80s/90s TV โ€˜personalityโ€™ Pat Sharp looks like today.

Then:

Pat Sharpe in 1991

ย 

Now:

Pat Sharp today. Image credit The Guardian

ย 

ย 

What made me happy today is the news that โ€˜Gone Fishingโ€™ duo Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse have got their own new website now!ย 

(cc @Bevย :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

What made me happy today was seeing a photo of how 80s/90s TV โ€˜personalityโ€™ Pat Sharp looks like today.

Then:

Pat Sharpe in 1991

ย 

Now:

Pat Sharp today. Image credit The Guardian

ย 

ย 

I hate to say is but am I meant to know who Pat Sharp is or was? โ€˜itโ€™s lost on me!

I hate to say is but am I meant to know who Pat Sharp is or was? โ€˜itโ€™s lost on me!

Lucky you! @G4RHLย 

He was a TV presenter and Radio DJ. I think heโ€™s still a DJ.

A long, long time ago he presented a kids TV show called โ€˜Fun Houseโ€™.ย 

But I think heโ€™s best known for his wonderful mullet hairstyleย :wink:

Am none the wiser but I have a Covid - 19 hairstyle. Thought you should know that! Back in May, with my locks, few that they are these days, getting untidy, I invested in some hair cutters and cut it short - 12mm to be exact. I now feel the cold and wear a hat! I know what it must have been like during World War II - getting caught in a hair raid!!

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What made me happy today is the news that โ€˜Gone Fishingโ€™ duo Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse have got their own new website now!ย 

(ccย @Bevย :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Didnโ€™t know about this Marc! Thanks sooooooooooooo much! ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@G4RHLย .

You call 12 mm short? Mine is 3mm sides and back andย  a Yul Brynner on top

A natural Yul Brynner?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

A natural Yul Brynner?!

Not quite, there are a few remaining hairs butย  so far apartย  it looks likeย  au natural.

Someone suggested I drew rabbits on there because from a distance they look like haresย 

ย 

Hare today, gone tomorrow!

Badge +2

Left overs for lunch....why are they sooooo yummy.ย  Anyway, that made me happy today โ˜บย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Being happy about being happy

- feel a Ken Dodd track ringing in my ears the original not the remix

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2sE2YuheK0

New John Lewis advert ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

So far today what made me happy was after months of not quite being able to navigate my way around the changes to the web page, I finally spotted the menu tab in top left corner of the page.ย  :face_palm_tone1::shrug_tone1::rofl: