Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 6972 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! 😀

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you 👍

1281 replies

Strutt G;56679:
WattBot

Really? 🤣
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Rarely use the dude, but the great carbon being behind the scenes tugged the dudes strings and I got a response within nano's!

​​​​​​​
Seeing that "model villages" are on the list of attractions opening on 4th July.

There's something oddly satisfying about that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hearing the call of a cuckoo for the first time in 10+ years. The lockdown must've stopped all them buggars in Spain from shooting all the migratory birds coming to the UK this year.
hooray!
Thirty years is a long time

⚽️⚽️⚽️

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Ooooh just seen ya Klopp man. Finally 😂😂😂
Bev;56903:
Ooooh just seen ya Klopp man. Finally 😂😂😂

Yep. Still buzzing this morning!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
As a resident of Liverpool, I must be one of the few that didn't have a clue what was happening last night with fireworks and chanting in the street. I had to ask a neighbour what was going on
Fortunately it calmed down before bedtime.
Duppy;56955:
As a resident of Liverpool, I must be one of the few that didn't have a clue what was happening last night with fireworks and chanting in the street. I had to ask a neighbour what was going on
Fortunately it calmed down before bedtime.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I don't get it...they don't seem to be a Manchester team...
Marc;56964:
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just finished watching Marvellous for the first time, never knew the story - it really made me happy.

It trumps being in the other thread if thats what your thinking...happy happy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just finished watching Marvellous for the first time, never knew the story - it really made me happy.

It trumps being in the other thread if thats what your thinking...happy happy.

That the film about a Stoke City supporter @Strutt G ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That's right @Marc it's brilliant! It’ll make you happy too,  not saying your not happy - you can even be more happy. 

That's right @Marc it's brilliant! It’ll make you happy too,  not saying your not happy - you can even be more happy. 

Even more happy @Strutt G :astonished:

Is that possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That's right @Marc it's brilliant! It’ll make you happy too,  not saying your not happy - you can even be more happy. 

Even more happy @Strutt G :astonished:

Is that possible?

Watched this for the second time and it was even more enjoyable than the first. Life affirming 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The lifting of the crazy 5 Mile Rule Covid travel restrictions in Wales!
Now planning our visit to see grandchildren- yipeeeeeeeee 🥰🥰

The view’s a bit grim today.

But look at what’s coming!

Weather forecast

This makes me happy today (ish) :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reasons to be cheerful @Marc 

The old banger gets a rinse and the gardens getting watered

When the sun returns I’ll look forward to a glass of bubbly

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Like it a tad hotter than 22 tho, Marc, but not a bad starting point 👍😎☀️👙⛱

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh good, a bit of sunshine 🌞🌞 on the way.  We'll be able to meet up with our family in the garden again

Thanks @Marc 

Like it a tad hotter than 22 tho, Marc, but not a bad starting point 👍😎☀️👙⛱

Very true @Bev :joy:

Oh good, a bit of sunshine 🌞🌞 on the way.  We'll be able to meet up with our family in the garden again

Thanks @Marc 

I’m planning to see my folks in August @Scubaseahorse Prob no hugs allowed still, but will be good to spend some time with them. And if the sun’s shining, even better!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Very sensible too Marc, waiting that wee bit longer til August 👍👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's something really nice to look forward to @Marc  - we are really struggling with the no hugging,  brings me to tears as we walk away 😥😪