Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 6972 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! πŸ˜€

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you πŸ‘

1281 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Well Said Bev!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Bev;52831:
Seeing the gorgeous spitfire flypast for Colonel Tom first thing πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Just beautiful. What a lovely gesture for such a wonderful man πŸ’•πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆon his 100th birthday

100% spot on, Congratulations Captain Tom πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
He’s a colonel now our Dai πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Bev;52854:
He’s a colonel now our Dai πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Well deserved to - what a day Colonel Tom has had πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I cried a little tear of joy when the RAF did the flypast for him, he was super chuffed bless him, and such a lovely family too. All those cards πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Bev;52867:
I cried a little tear of joy when the RAF did the flypast for him, he was super chuffed bless him, and such a lovely family too. All those cards πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Also, lots of cards & pressies from other countries πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
First of May already, but always a treat to turn each month of the PP calendar πŸ“†. Love this one our Dai πŸ‘

May the Fourth Be With You!
Ah, an old joke, but it always makes me happy

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I realised today it’s 31 years since I passed my driving test πŸ™€. I was soooo thrilled as first time too, but nowadays I do not miss driving one single bit πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Marc;53140:
May the Fourth Be With You!
Ah, an old joke, but it always makes me happy

Yay its Tuesday the Fourth!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYYyznVHe84

And I've taking my steering wheel off and sitting in the lounge driving without claret.
Bev;53268:
I realised today it’s 31 years since I passed my driving test πŸ™€. I was soooo thrilled as first time too, but nowadays I do not miss driving one single bit πŸ‘

Ha! I had a little giggle earlier when from out of nowhere a thought - completely randomly - popped into my head that I might like to get a motorbike.
So from the early signs of my imminent mid-life crisis it looks like it's going to be fun!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I think lockdown is affecting you...(sorry@angelabikerbabe)
https://www.rospa.com/rospaweb/docs/advice-services/road-safety/motorcyclists/common-motorcycle-crash-causes.pdf
​​​​​​​disclaimer: I don't disapprove of motorcycles it's mostly drivers (me included) that are the problem...
Marc;53282:
Ha! I had a little giggle earlier when from out of nowhere a thought - completely randomly - popped into my head that I might like to get a motorbike.
So from the early signs of my imminent mid-life crisis it looks like it's going to be fun!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
haha...giving away your age Bev! (give or take a year). I thought you were younger...lets face it only a youngster would machine wash their trainers at 60 deg.
It'll be interesting to see what the accident rate is after lockdown.

Bev;53268:
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
It will be interesting to see indeed our Wozeeta.

​​​​​​​Yeah think same year as you, we once kinda established our Woz πŸ˜‰
woz;53293:
I thought you were younger...lets face it only a youngster would machine wash their trainers at 60 deg.

Hahahaha

​​​​​​​

Ouch
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Strutt G;53271:
Yay its Tuesday the Fourth!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYYyznVHe84

And I've taking my steering wheel off and sitting in the lounge driving without claret.

​​​​​​​Sorry to be a buzzkill, but it's the 5th today
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Ha ha what a prize wally or large pickled gherkin @ Strutt G - Hope its our secret Duppy!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
All the wonderful, heart warming VE Day stories πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•, and superb coverage, not to mention the Red Arrows πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§.

True heroes, every single one of them πŸ™Œ
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Matt Lucas πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hearing of that gin distillery who are making hand sanitiser instead of gin πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚
I hadn't seen that @Bev, nice! 😁

I've been following the progress of UK-based F1 teams making ventilators - considering their huge technical and mechanical capability, it's great to see how quickly they rallied to help out πŸ‘

It's also made me happy to see fashion companies turning to making hospital gowns (e.g. Barbour)
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Absolutely Nat, Burberry too. One of the first. Really heartwarming to hear these kinda things πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Danny Ric confirmed as moving to McLaren for next F1 season - wish it was a move to Ferrari but exciting nonetheless, and more than that is a nice reminder that sports will return at some point 😁
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Again being Thursday 8pm really feel the community gratitude to our NHS and key worker heroes. Whole street our to show our thanks.

Also for several nights in last week or so and there right now approx 10.25 the planet Venus hanging like a bright pearl in the darkening night sky, absolutely beautiful. Sadly phone camera could not do it justice.