Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 6972 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! πŸ˜€

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you πŸ‘

1281 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Don’t spend it all at once Ange πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Marc;49227:
Hi @Strutt G
Do you curate your fav YouTube tracks anywhere, like a playlist?
If so, it would be great if you could share it 😁

Ah thanks Marc, I would need to run you through the history...its an inexhaustible amount of tunes covering eras and makes my head hurt thinking about it. A little story, back in the day I walked into this basement shop in Kings Road 1975 aged 17 and spoke to the Don, thats Don Lets in the photo, re BBC Radio6. He recommended the Mr Magic album by Grover Washington, number 1 in the in blues and soul mag funk jazz charts. He said to me where did you get those shoes from, I said Blackmans off Bricklane. I went back there the following week and as per the picture, he'd purchased the remaining few bits of stock selling them at Β£12 when they cost Β£2.
Winkle pickers with printed leather snake skin made by Regency Shoes bond street - Retro stuff.
Just to add all the gear we was wearing was never sold in the high street shops and when the high street caught up, years.. later, it was not originals and that included combat - it was a very innovative and a magical time, finding clothes, getting things made up turning up at the record shops for the latest imports.

If your watching Don - I forgive you.

Strutt G;49271:
Ah thanks Marc, I would need to run you through the history...its an inexhaustible amount of tunes covering eras and makes my head hurt thinking about it. A little story, back in the day I walked into this basement shop in Kings Road 1975 aged 17 and spoke to the Don, thats Don Lets in the photo, re BBC Radio6. He recommended the Mr Magic album by Grover Washington, number 1 in the in blues and soul mag funk jazz charts. He said to me where did you get those shoes from, I said Blackmans off Bricklane. I went back there the following week and as per the picture, he'd purchased the remaining few bits of stock selling them at Β£12 when they cost Β£2.
Winkle pickers with printed leather snake skin made by Regency Shoes bond street - Retro stuff.
Just to add all the gear we was wearing was never sold in the high street shops and when the high street caught up, years.. later, it was not originals and that included combat - it was a very innovative and a magical time, finding clothes, getting things made up turning up at the record shops for the latest imports.

If your watching Don - I forgive you.

Brilliant story @Strutt G
What would be even more brilliant would be a see a photo of your good self sporting a pair of those winkle pickers πŸ˜‰
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Just been watching a programme on Britains Housing Scandal and this dude who manages a project for getting people off the street by living in insulated converted containers for a year and placed together forming a community.
The projects objectives includes getting residents back to work otherwise they regard this as a failure.

Just found this on you tube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9SozBvOdTM
A weasel walks into a bar. The bartender says β€œWow, I’ve never served a weasel before. What can I get you?”

β€œPop,” goes the weasel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
is there a groan button anywhere - maybe there should be...
...on the other hand THIS was quite interesting.
Marc;49490:
A weasel walks into a bar. The bartender says β€œWow, I’ve never served a weasel before. What can I get you?”

β€œPop,” goes the weasel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
That joke is beyond bad, Marc, beyond bad πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

So to swiftly move the thread on πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, bargain of the week!

Best eight pence I’ve ever spent! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Bev;49497:
That joke is beyond bad, Marc, beyond bad πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

QUOTE]

Sorry @Bev and everyone else...

I just quit my Saturday job at the helium factory.

I won’t be spoken to in that tone.

(That was the last one, I promise)
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I actually like that one a little bit πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸŽˆ
Strutt G;49475:
Just been watching a programme on Britains Housing Scandal and this dude who manages a project for getting people off the street by living in insulated converted containers for a year and placed together forming a community.
The projects objectives includes getting residents back to work otherwise they regard this as a failure.

Just found this on you tube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9SozBvOdTM

That sounds like a really good initiative @Strutt G πŸ‘ great idea and putting the containers to good use, too!

Feeling part of a Community can have such positive outcomes 😁
What made me happy today is seeing some friends (of a 'certain age' πŸ˜‚) sharing this photo.

Took me right back to school days.....

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Marc;49612:
What made me happy today is seeing some friends (of a 'certain age' πŸ˜‚) sharing this photo.

Took me right back to school days.....

I do believe my partner has one of those in the loft, the trouble (hope she's not listening) is can't move in that loft because of hoarding.
She'd say to me: Get Loose!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LX1YbvuqCQ
Strutt G;49624:
I do believe my partner has one of those in the loft, the trouble (hope she's not listening) is can't move in that loft because for hoarding.
She'd say to me: Get Loose!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LX1YbvuqCQ

​​​​​​​Happy days 🀣
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Ah! The time when looking for a rubber meant something entirely different
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
haha! It took me years to realise why I was always being corrected and told it was an eraser, not a rubber.

Duppy;49630:
Ah! The time when looking for a rubber meant something entirely different
Badge +2
My lad is competing at Crufts today. Running a flyball dog with Young Kennel club. They’ve just made the final so will be in the main arena this afternoon.

lad has already done one TV interview and is loving it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
We had all our children and grandchildren round this weekend. Mayhem, but great fun. Don't know when we'll get the chance to meet up en-mass again with this Coronavirus knocking around.
Badge +2
What me happy today? That my daughter was happy with only 10 minutes playing football on the green. I’m not fit enough for much more πŸ˜‚
Jowl;49683:
My lad is competing at Crufts today. Running a flyball dog with Young Kennel club. They’ve just made the final so will be in the main arena this afternoon.

How wonderful!
Jowl;49683:

This video highlight from Crufts has been causing a lot of joy in the PP office today πŸ˜„

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKwh72cCrfA&feature=youtu.be

How did the final go @Jowl? That's amazing stuff! 🀯
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Beyond freaking adorable πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
Badge +2
ha ha @Nataly we've also been chucklin about that video!

My son's team finished 2nd. He loved it all. We're very proud of him (and his sister who supported him all day)
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Uplifting & funny - πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
What's made me happy today is seeing these little beauties on a shelf in my local Co-op.

The posh stuff! (and a sign of the times that this makes me happy πŸ˜‚)
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Marc;50219:
What's made me happy today is seeing these little beauties on a shelf in my local Co-op.

The posh stuff! (and a sign of the times that this makes me happy πŸ˜‚)

Blimey super super supreme quilts - I'm replicating Jeyes by cutting up squares of GP Paper for the dispenser