Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 5493 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! πŸ˜€

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you πŸ‘

1596 replies

Instructions on how to make a Die Hard Christmas tree ornament!
πŸ˜‚
This rainbow over the Bath Xmas tree (quickly snapped on the way into the PP office this morning😁) 🌈

​​​​​​​Nice start to a Monday!

These pics of a dog one of the PP team knows - celebrating his first birthday! 🀣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Ah man, how cute! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
What can I say - FANTASTIC!!!!!!!
Great antidote to the 'election blues'.
β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Beyond adorable Nat πŸ’•πŸΆ

Ordering my gravity blanket with my PP rewards and it being delivered today πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thank you PP πŸ›ŒπŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Thats interesting Bev, may I ask what the benifits are and is there anti gravity blanket?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
TBH our Strutt, I saw a documentary thingy on sleep on BBC and the reporter, who’s name escapes me, but about my age, said she adored it when testing it, and it was like a β€œcosy hug”.

Now you know me and cosy (Selkbag last years purchase) so looked into it more. Little did I know, until looking more into them, that these blankets originated in πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ to help with anxiety, and also a number of conditions in children even, including ASD and ADHD etc.

I wanted it purely for the cosy factor, and wondered if it’d be worth spending all that, if more a β€œmedical” aid, but seems from the Amazon reviews too, that lots buy purely for that aspect, and also a real top benefit seems to be better sleep. Less waking up thru the night etc, and just the feeling of comfort.

I won’t lie, it was quite cumbersome to get the weighted blanket into the cover single handed, as soooo heavy. Took quite a lot of time and energy. The Amazon delivery guy really struggled up the stairs to my flat! He was sweating kippers!

But after managing to assemble it and getting it onto the bed (comes very well packaged and full instructions πŸ‘πŸ‘) and trying it last night, I can honestly say I would definitely not describe it as a hug BUT it does feel quite cosy. It’s soooooo heavy but I did soon adjust to that feeling, so not claustrophobic or suffocating, but deffo deffo different.

I chose this particular one as came out top in a national review, plus a proportion of each sale goes to MH America. Founded by two young guys, Matt and Sam, they’ve now worked on a children’s one too.

Early days yet, but really hoping I will grow to love this new approach to bedding πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Bev.
My wife has one of these weighted blankets, and loves it, but I find it too restrictive, so she only uses it when I'm not in bed, or she sometimes goes into the spare room to use it.
​​​​​​​Still more room for me 😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Thanks Bev thats a detailed response and only 5 emojis, must be the blanket taking affect.
Lets us know how things progress and I'm to off read those reviews as it sounds like weight lifting whilst asleep.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Bev
​​​​​​​If we don't hear from you do we need to arrange a rescue team to free you from the blanket?
The deliveryman feeling festive 😁

Badge +3

coming home to find this and some other goodies (my daughter loves the stickers with dinosaurs in!)

what a wonderful community we have. Thanks to the PP team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

coming home to a parcel and thinking 'I don't think I've ordered anything, and then being amazed and delighted at the goodies from PP. Especially when I realised 2 of the photos on the calendar were mine!

Fantastic. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

thanks to @Marc, @Nataly and all the PP team.

​​​​​​​Merry Christmas to you all πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽ„
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Christmas done. Pheww its all over for another year, now to finish big plans for next year yayyyyy wont be long. Oh hang on better not forget got another turkey waiting at the bosses house on the 25th. 3pm queen speach then tuck in, cant really get out of it as i live next door. They are a lovely bunch so it is a good day.
​​​​​​​
massive bonus upon getting home a lovely gift from marc and nataly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Received my calendar and t-shirt from PP. Thank you!

Also, I'm off work until the 7th January. Which may sound odd as I've mentioned previously that I'm retired. Well I was, but I got head-hunted at the end of November and am now back at work, albeit only three days a week, which suits me fine.
Jon1;44946:
Christmas done. Pheww its all over for another year, now to finish big plans for next year yayyyyy wont be long. Oh hang on better not forget got another turkey waiting at the bosses house on the 25th. 3pm queen speach then tuck in, cant really get out of it as i live next door. They are a lovely bunch so it is a good day.
​​​​​​​
massive bonus upon getting home a lovely gift from marc and nataly.

How many Christmasses do you do @Jon1 ?! πŸ˜ƒ
Oakbank;44972:

Also, I'm off work until the 7th January. Which may sound odd as I've mentioned previously that I'm retired. Well I was, but I got head-hunted at the end of November and am now back at work, albeit only three days a week, which suits me fine.

A-ha! I was wondering what you were up to....
Good for you @Oakbank
Enjoy the rest πŸ™‚
Beach life in December πŸ‘Œ

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
OMG SOOOOOOOOOO jealous! How gorgeous! Hope having a wonderful time, Marc! πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Once again Marc a great photo and please confirm that you have had a swim or planning to swim shortly?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Rugby result = Gloucester 29 - Bath 15, I think Nataly will be a happy person tonight. Big, Big West Country derbyπŸ‰πŸ‰
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
David j;45542:
Rugby result = Gloucester 29 - Bath 15, I think Nataly will be a happy person tonight. Big, Big West Country derbyπŸ‰πŸ‰

SPOILER ALERT
​​​​​​​Some of us avoid the results until the highlights show!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Oops, hope you enjoyed the highlights anyway. πŸ‘πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰