Hot Topic

What made me happy today

• Community Manager
  • 5493 replies
Hi all

In another community I'm a member of, we have a thread where everybody just says what's made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! 😀

And we're not restricted to posting only once!

To start: I was woken up by my cat purring in my ear. The sun is out, and I had a lovely walk to work in beautiful Bath from where I parked.
I'm also happy today because my dad is feeling loads better after coming out of hospital. Tonight I'm seeing friends for tea and food.

Over to you 👍

1595 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Oak what a great story (the wallpaper not the haggis) ..thanks for sharing
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Wozeeta! The Selkybaggy has gone back! You could seriously, on life, get THREE of me in it! 🙄🙄🙄🙀🙀🙀👎👎👎. Absolutely HUGE 😫😫😫😫😫👎
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
noooo...LOL... I warned you about that diet...
Don't they come in different sizes? I was looking forward to the photo..
Bev;21937:
Wozeeta! The Selkybaggy has gone back! You could seriously, on life, get THREE of me in it! ������������������������������������������������������. Absolutely HUGE ������������������������������������
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
LOL re diet🥗! Yeah but all different sizing charts AND conflicting reviews 🙄so doesn’t help. Went with majority of reviews, and buried me big time, so too much hassle sending back yet again if it wasn’t the right fit. Was sooooooo looking forward, but if not even got any stock of sizes between Pygmy and gigantic, then I’ve gone off the whole thing Wozeeta 🙄🙄🙄👎. Their loss cos not cheap.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Oakbank;21604:
One of my daughters bought my parents bungalow, and over the past year or so have extended the place by converting the loft to give two extra bedrooms and a bathroom.
Now she’s reached the redecorating stage. When she peeled back some wallpaper downstairs she found a message written by her grandparents 30 years ago!
The message was written to me, my siblings & our families, saying they loved us dearly and urging us to ‘enjoy this house’.
A message from beyond the grave, so unexpected, but so nice. An emotional grandaughter, aided by three great-grandaughters, wrote a reply on the wall before putting up the new wallpaper.

What a fantastic thing to uncover. Cudos to the grandparents for a marvellous idea!
Badge +3
I've been 200 miles away in London since Tuesday at BETT - an (THE) Education Technology show. Not only did we seem to have a really succesful show (we're a small company and this was our first show) but the thing that made me most happy was the greeting I got from wife, Kids and dogs when I got home. I think they missed me 🙂 Happy to be home wiht the family.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
I tend to find the most enthusiastic welcome home is from the dog! :rolleyes:
Badge +3
Oakbank;21604:
One of my daughters bought my parents bungalow, and over the past year or so have extended the place by converting the loft to give two extra bedrooms and a bathroom.
Now she’s reached the redecorating stage. When she peeled back some wallpaper downstairs she found a message written by her grandparents 30 years ago!
The message was written to me, my siblings & our families, saying they loved us dearly and urging us to ‘enjoy this house’.
A message from beyond the grave, so unexpected, but so nice. An emotional grandaughter, aided by three great-grandaughters, wrote a reply on the wall before putting up the new wallpaper.

Truly fantastic and warms the heart. What a great post.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Two things make me happy today :):)

My infinitely better half and I are off to Fuerteventura for a week of winter sunshine.

I submitted a set of meter readings and Wattbot told me my gas reading was lower than expected.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Happy days Oakbank, enjoy your winter sunshine. 🌞🌞
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Oakbank;22172:
Two things make me happy today :):)

My infinitely better half and I are off to Fuerteventura for a week of winter sunshine.

I submitted a set of meter readings and Wattbot told me my gas reading was lower than expected.

Happy days Woz! Have a great holiday.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Is WOZ going on holiday with Oakbank? 😂😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Nope. Just me and the wife. Up at crack of early tomorrow to catch flight.

See y'all in a week or so.

David j;22178:
Is WOZ going on holiday with Oakbank? ������������
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Oakbank;22188:
Nope. Just me and the wife. Up at crack of early tomorrow to catch flight.

See y'all in a week or so.

Enjoy, we will be thinking about you having a Whisky by the pool 🥃🥃👍👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
sadly, not invited - I could do with some sunshine...:(
David j;22178:
Is WOZ going on holiday with Oakbank? ������������
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Never mind WOZ, Perhaps we’ll be treated to some British winter sun (after the snow) 🌞🌞🌞.
Not sure if Angelabikerbabe has noticed she got your name mixed up in the earlier posts 😂😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
David j;22195:
Never mind WOZ, Perhaps we’ll be treated to some British winter sun (after the snow) 🌞🌞🌞.
Not sure if Angelabikerbabe has noticed she got your name mixed up in the earlier posts 😂😂

Ha ha, sorry everyone. Was having a moment. Have a good holiday Oakbank!
Sorry Woz. 🙄
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hope you’re having a good day Angelabikerbabe, you’ve cheered us all up when it’s cold & snowing outside - take car on that monster bike of yours 🏍🏍
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
David j;22197:
Hope you’re having a good day Angelabikerbabe, you’ve cheered us all up when it’s cold & snowing outside - take car on that monster bike of yours 🏍🏍

Ha ha, glad I made yous smile, David.😁
Yes having a bad day, and yes on the bus Instead of bike cause the forecast was for snow, however- no snow, so not happy. grrrr
What made me happy today was getting home safely in the snow, snow does make me happy and it’s beautiful when untouched but driving and walking can turn snow from a thing of beauty into a death trap
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Same again tomorrow Fiona123 ❄️☃️
Take care out there 👍👍
Badge +3
What made me happy? I got a Badge!

<----

:)
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
The new community design has made me very happy indeed. Looks amazing, really well done @Marc!
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Gabolino;22245:
The new community design has made me very happy indeed. Looks amazing, really well done @Marc!

Glad you like it @Gabolino :o
Nice photo too! Is the cup holding up OK?