Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

1815 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Olive is such a sweetie!

I now have an official twitter for my Outside The Box quote boxes -  @otb_quotes

and I have had 4 orders from school mums. Only doing local orders at the minute as still need to choose postal packaging. Any recommendations?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OK strictly speaking this was yesterday as I made an appearance to the PP office to find….. dogs are allowed back!

This is Olive, who made me v happy indeed :relaxed:

Olive in the PP office

Oh she's lovely 😍 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh man! What a cutie! Gorgeous little Olive! 💕💕💕💕🐾

OK strictly speaking this was yesterday as I made an appearance to the PP office to find….. dogs are allowed back!

This is Olive, who made me v happy indeed :relaxed:

Olive in the PP office

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sign seen outside a Sperm Bank Clinic”

“Sorry we are closed. Stocks are running low. Every w..ker has gone to the petrol station”

And a BBC reporter, reporting live from a petrol station on the media made crisis was actually called Phil McCann.

🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Love the last bit 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣⛽️

Sign seen outside a Sperm Bank Clinic”

“Sorry we are closed. Stocks are running low. Every w..ker has gone to the petrol station”

And a BBC reporter, reporting live from a petrol station on the media made crisis was actually called Phil McCann.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah, got my bike back , after 2 weeks. £415 lighter in my pocket, but feels good to be back on 2 wheels 🏍️😎🏍️😎🏍️😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Another WetWheels boat trip today but a special one for me as we took my brother out. He had a C3, C4 high-spinal injury almost 2 years ago and is, sadly, severely disabled. Probably permanently. He was luckily not to have other serious brain injury as the accident was while he was windsurfing and he partially drowned as well! Luckily some good Samaritans and the wonderful emergency services saved his life.

Today was the first time he’d been back out on the water since his injury and it was quite a trip for us. We didn’t get quite the wildlife we sometimes do, but it was definitely a happy day anyway.

Badge +3

😂 those posts made me laugh. Our throne seats have become a little loose. I did manage to take and and refit our entire downstairs toilet a couple of months ago when we had new flooring in downstairs. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

HEE HEE HEE, if you mean the slow falling lid, then yes I did. Love it. No clang, no bang, no wallop👍. No injured choppers or knockers in MYbathroom, thank you 🙃😉

@Bev I suppose you did not see the need to fit one of those seats that has an anti chopper knocker device on the lid?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Again, another job I did single handed, was fitted my toilet seat🚽👍😀. Quite impressed as I’m not one for DIY. Removed old, and fitted new, and can honestly say, it’s stayed tight and perfect😳👍👏, yet previous ones, not ever done by me but experts, all came loose within months😳👎🤨. Awful when they wobble indeed, so nice to have one sturdy 👍👍👍

@25 quid It begs the question as to what you are doing that your nuts keep going slack.

A while ago I tightened one of the bolts of the toilet seat. It’s wonderful having a firm base with no sideways wobble. That brought joy!

However, this thread reminds me it needs doing again, with the addition of a washer, as the bolt’s thread is worn. Maybe more joy is coming soon...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That’s great Ange, and that is one DIY job I managed to do myself last year too, using You Tube! Nice feeling innit! 

Yes, it is a good feeling.

i sometimes wonder how we ever managed pre-YouTube and pre-google? 🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s great Ange, and that is one DIY job I managed to do myself last year too, using You Tube! Nice feeling innit! 🚽🛠👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Fixed my toilet myself, wasn't flushing properly, so took cistern lid off and adjusted the fitting inside.....now works perfectly again, hooray!!!

Badge +3

Bit late with the news but our son, who has just gone into year 6, made deputy head boy today. We're incredibly proud, especially for the difficult time he has had over the last year or so. He was in such a bad place just before Christmas and had zero confidence in himself and both the kids found it hard when I was poorly back in March. School have been amazing and got him counselling with a service called Seedlings. The change in him has been amazing and we were stunned when he actually wanted to submit a letter to be Head boy. Sorry, that was a bit long winded. 

That’s great news - well done!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Greenhouse painted and installed. 2 days to construct it, you wouldn't believe how many bits there was! 

Looks like there’s a few left over bits still in there! I hate it when that happens… 😉 

Yeah, lots of extra bits,  but we have definitely followed the instructions. The delivery driver said they normally give you lots of extra screws and bits. Not sure why. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Bit late with the news but our son, who has just gone into year 6, made deputy head boy today. We're incredibly proud, especially for the difficult time he has had over the last year or so. He was in such a bad place just before Christmas and had zero confidence in himself and both the kids found it hard when I was poorly back in March. School have been amazing and got him counselling with a service called Seedlings. The change in him has been amazing and we were stunned when he actually wanted to submit a letter to be Head boy. Sorry, that was a bit long winded. 

Greenhouse painted and installed. 2 days to construct it, you wouldn't believe how many bits there was! 

Looks like there’s a few left over bits still in there! I hate it when that happens… 😉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Angelabikerbabe Here you are. An attachment for your bike!

Oh, i love it. @G4RHL   that's the way i want to go, ha ha !!

@Angelabikerbabe Here you are. An attachment for your bike!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9