Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

1977 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I think what will happen is they will constantly work on incorporating new strains into the boosters going forward, so there won’t be a single vaccine for Omicron, but just continuous adding to existing vaccines, just like the flu works each year. Eventually there should be enough in one yearly vaccine to cover all the current variants that year. 

There’s a pattern emerging!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

How cool is that beer one! 😳🍺🍺🍺🍺, and alcoholic marshmallows! Who knew, ya bugger! 👍😳👍👏😉

Those are pretty cool @25 quid! Is it a different beer every day?! 

I was given a beauty advent calendar for my birthday, which is pretty exciting. :grin:  And my mum did get me and my boyfriend a classic chocolate one too.:heart_eyes: There’s something special about chocolate first thing in the morning haha.  

Userlevel 6
Badge

I’m so jealous of all your lovely advent calendars!  My Mum thinks that at 40, I’m too old for one :sob:

Never fear though, I bought my own!  Independent woman and all that :joy:

I got a lovely Thorntons choccy advent calendar.  I agree with @Nataly that there’s something special about chocolate in the morning… or any time of day really!

Badge +5

@placidhouse I’m a tiny bit over 40, just a teeny bit,, and I have two. Both are though electronic ones. One is from the Devonshire Arms group, each day there is a competition to enter! I also sent a couple of electronic ones out. No chocolates though. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

That’s so cool, @G4RHL :grinning: I just googled “electronic advent calendars” and it brought up an awesome Haynes electronic games advent calendar, which has given me a massive whoosh of nostalgia - the packaging is a bit like a Spectrum ZX81 console :heart_eyes:

Are yours something similar, something that you can build?

Badge +5

@placidhouse No mine are ready made. One comes from this site: https://www.jacquielawson.com/cards The other, from the Devonshire Arms, is here https://devonshirehotels.co.uk/festive-giveaway-2021/ There may just be chocolates with the latter if you win the main prize. With luck they may put some in the room!

Userlevel 6
Badge

Ahhh @G4RHL I see!  These are cool!  The games for the Devonshire Hotels one are brilliant… though I did rather badly at today’s puzzle :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m so jealous of all your lovely advent calendars!  My Mum thinks that at 40, I’m too old for one :sob:

Never fear though, I bought my own!  Independent woman and all that :joy:

I got a lovely Thorntons choccy advent calendar.  I agree with @Nataly that there’s something special about chocolate in the morning… or any time of day really!

Never too old for an advent calender , I say 😉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@placidhouse I’m a tiny bit over 40, just a teeny bit,, and I have two. Both are though electronic ones. One is from the Devonshire Arms group, each day there is a competition to enter! I also sent a couple of electronic ones out. No chocolates though. 

Cool 👍😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

2nd advent calendar,  from hubby this time. 👍

Badge +5

Notes/notices sent to me today:

“If you don’t trust doctors and science to keep you from getting sick, why the hell are you clogging up hospitals trusting them to cure you?”

“If you come into the store without a mask we will have to take your temperature.

PS We only have rectal thermometers.”

“We have to stop saying ‘How stupid can you be?’ Too many people are seeing it as a challenge.”

Those are pretty cool @25 quid! Is it a different beer every day?! 

Not sure yet… I’m going as fast as I can! 😉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Bugger! I’ve been keeping my eye on this total since the announcement was made mid Oct, thinking I sooooooooo hope we make it to 100k before the lights go out! Bloomin missed it! But how fab is that! Over 100,000 total replies! 😳😳😳😳😳😳👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍👍👍 

Haha, you should leave number spotting to the master! 😝

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I was waiting for you our Notelets 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, thought you were gonna say “thought you didn’t look at stuff like that?” And I don’t, but only the other night I couldn’t help spot it getting sooooooo close to 100k hee hee

Maybe I should start calling you 1 of 6?

Over 100k replies is pretty special isn’t it! That’s definitely made me happy today. :smile:

What’s also made me happy is that it’s now acceptable to bring my Christmas jumpers back out of the wardrobe.. :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah, quite a total our Nat 😳👏👏👏👏👏

Definitely the right time for Christmas jumpers now, and certainly the right temperatures! ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️👍

Over 100k replies is pretty special isn’t it! That’s definitely made me happy today. :smile:

PS 1 of 6 is the proportion of those posts that a @Bevaposts — maybe there are no Trekers here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ooooooooooh, wondered what you were on about, thanks our Notelets hee. 👏👍🤣

You were very very very much a huge part of that total too👏👏👏👏. 

My part is very small @Bevleg — cue G4… 😉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee hee, LOL and also at Bevleg 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Glad few of us around still tho, bit ghost townish innit #Specials 👻

Badge +5

@25 quid My apologies to you. I missed my cue!! To compensate I forward the following which arrived in my email yesterday:

A woman had a dog which was a female and in heat. She agreed to look after her neighbour’s male dog while they were away on holiday. She had a large house and believed that she could keep the two dogs apart.

However, as she was drifting off to sleep she heard awful howling and moaning sounds, rushed downstairs and found the dogs locked together, in obvious pain and unable to disengage, as can happen when dogs mate.

Unable to separate them, and perplexed as to what to do next, although it was late, she called the vet, who answered in a very grumpy voice.

Having explained the problem to him, the vet said. "Hang up the phone and place it down alongside the dogs. I will then call you back and the noise of the ringing will make the male lose his erection and he will be able to withdraw."

"Do you think that will work?" She asked with suspicion.

"It just worked on me." He replied...