Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

1641 replies

A while ago I tightened one of the bolts of the toilet seat. It’s wonderful having a firm base with no sideways wobble. That brought joy!

However, this thread reminds me it needs doing again, with the addition of a washer, as the bolt’s thread is worn. Maybe more joy is coming soon...

@25 quid It begs the question as to what you are doing that your nuts keep going slack.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Again, another job I did single handed, was fitted my toilet seat🚽👍😀. Quite impressed as I’m not one for DIY. Removed old, and fitted new, and can honestly say, it’s stayed tight and perfect😳👍👏, yet previous ones, not ever done by me but experts, all came loose within months😳👎🤨. Awful when they wobble indeed, so nice to have one sturdy 👍👍👍

@Bev I suppose you did not see the need to fit one of those seats that has an anti chopper knocker device on the lid?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

HEE HEE HEE, if you mean the slow falling lid, then yes I did. Love it. No clang, no bang, no wallop👍. No injured choppers or knockers in MYbathroom, thank you 🙃😉

Badge +3

😂 those posts made me laugh. Our throne seats have become a little loose. I did manage to take and and refit our entire downstairs toilet a couple of months ago when we had new flooring in downstairs. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Another WetWheels boat trip today but a special one for me as we took my brother out. He had a C3, C4 high-spinal injury almost 2 years ago and is, sadly, severely disabled. Probably permanently. He was luckily not to have other serious brain injury as the accident was while he was windsurfing and he partially drowned as well! Luckily some good Samaritans and the wonderful emergency services saved his life.

Today was the first time he’d been back out on the water since his injury and it was quite a trip for us. We didn’t get quite the wildlife we sometimes do, but it was definitely a happy day anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah, got my bike back , after 2 weeks. £415 lighter in my pocket, but feels good to be back on 2 wheels 🏍️😎🏍️😎🏍️😎

Sign seen outside a Sperm Bank Clinic”

“Sorry we are closed. Stocks are running low. Every w..ker has gone to the petrol station”

And a BBC reporter, reporting live from a petrol station on the media made crisis was actually called Phil McCann.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Love the last bit 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣⛽️

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sign seen outside a Sperm Bank Clinic”

“Sorry we are closed. Stocks are running low. Every w..ker has gone to the petrol station”

And a BBC reporter, reporting live from a petrol station on the media made crisis was actually called Phil McCann.

🤣🤣

OK strictly speaking this was yesterday as I made an appearance to the PP office to find….. dogs are allowed back!

This is Olive, who made me v happy indeed :relaxed:

Olive in the PP office

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh man! What a cutie! Gorgeous little Olive! 💕💕💕💕🐾

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OK strictly speaking this was yesterday as I made an appearance to the PP office to find….. dogs are allowed back!

This is Olive, who made me v happy indeed :relaxed:

Olive in the PP office

Oh she's lovely 😍 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Olive is such a sweetie!

I now have an official twitter for my Outside The Box quote boxes -  @otb_quotes

and I have had 4 orders from school mums. Only doing local orders at the minute as still need to choose postal packaging. Any recommendations?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh I remember your lovely quote box idea, our Nan. Genuinely thrilled it’s taking off 👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks Bev.

A friend did some product photography for me. Voila!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Don’t they look professional! 😳👍👍👍👏👏👏Really impressive Nan, no lie. I would imagine, the hardest part with something as unique as that, is getting the word spread, as hard to promote it as not a “one word search” if you get what I’m saying, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Awesome, thanks Bev.

I’m working on word of mouth and local for now and may do some craft markets. It’s been a long road and still taking small steps but really pleased to finally start getting them out there. :blush:

I got my monthly statement this morning. My consumption (isn’t that TB?) is lower than I expected for the last month but the good news is that my app shows I have used yet even a lesser sum in 2019 than it used to.

Makes me happy for it looks like I am due a refund for 2019! A few months ago I reported to PP that in the app my consumption for 2019 is shown as 8,865 kWH. It was in fact an awful lot more. This morning they have reduced it to 6,857 kWH for 2019.  Not bad. Apparently electricity was 935 kWhs for the year and gas 5,922 kWhs. At this rate it will soon be negative for 2019 and perhaps I will get a big refund. After all the app now tells me I paid PP a total of £347.41 for 2019. My records show I paid £1,299.42. So a refund of £952.01 is due but if I wait a little longer it may be more!

I have raised the issue again this morning through the app but Watt tells me it could not understand. I don’t think the team can either. Not heard from them since August. Perhaps I should ask for that refund?!!!😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I got my monthly statement this morning. My consumption (isn’t that TB?) is lower than I expected for the last month but the good news is that my app shows I have used yet even a lesser sum in 2019 than it used to.

Makes me happy for it looks like I am due a refund for 2019! A few months ago I reported to PP that in the app my consumption for 2019 is shown as 8,865 kWH. It was in fact an awful lot more. This morning they have reduced it to 6,857 kWH for 2019.  Not bad. Apparently electricity was 935 kWhs for the year and gas 5,922 kWhs. At this rate it will soon be negative for 2019 and perhaps I will get a big refund. After all the app now tells me I paid PP a total of £347.41 for 2019. My records show I paid £1,299.42. So a refund of £952.01 is due but if I wait a little longer it may be more!

I have raised the issue again this morning through the app but Watt tells me it could not understand. I don’t think the team can either. Not heard from them since August. Perhaps I should ask for that refund?!!!😁

Yeah, mine is way under for 2019 too, can't understand it @G4RHL 

Badge +3

It’s my daughters birthday today. We have her an iPhone. She cried. It made me happy as she appreciated what a big gift it was and that we tbh k she’s mature enough to have one. 

and I got a hug (tbf I get a lot of hugs from her)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It’s my daughters birthday today. We have her an iPhone. She cried. It made me happy as she appreciated what a big gift it was and that we tbh k she’s mature enough to have one. 

and I got a hug (tbf I get a lot of hugs from her)

Awwww how lovely 😍 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Had an unexpected hitchhiker , a ladybird, on my windscreen yesterday. Walked from one side to the other, whilst I was moving, before it spread its wings and flew off. Must've had superglue on its feet! 🤣

Current status:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: