Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

1646 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Was happy I made the decision then

...Oh no I’ve started a chain reaction, I decided to sort my tools and screws out so ordered some organisers,  now spent hours trying to figure out how to organise everything and got precisely nowhere!

The organisers looked OK on the photo but too big for small amounts of screws and too small for tools -  perhaps I should just throw more stuff out…

Or buy more organisers...

Badge +3

Emma Raducanu made me happy today. Watching her skills and temperament last night was uplifting. We’re not huge tennis fans here so for us to watch on a Saturday evening was different. So very proud of her and all she stands for. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

We mentioned it a little bit in the Wimbledon thread our Jowl too. 

She was just beyond awesome, with such maturity beyond her young years, right throughout the tournament. Every single match, she showed such composure, such respect, constantly smiling. Never stopped smiling. Such a refreshing change from the aggressive matches we’ve seen over the last three four years. I’m a MASSIVE tennis fan, have been all my life, but the kind of game we’d seen from the women of late, wasn’t nice to watch. 

To see two young, fresh, Canadian / British players come into the game, and go straight to the finals, in the way they both did thru this slam, is remarkable. Let’s hope this is the changing of the guard, Jowl, and the start of some smashing matches, friendly rivalries and real great personalities coming thru. Her parents must be sooooooooo ultra proud this morning. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

2 and a half hours later......and some near- tears  and scrapes and bruises when I fell over in the street, but its fixed !! Lock mechanism replaced. We can now open the back hatch of the car again . Jobs a good'un 👍👍👍

Badge +3

Ouch but great job @Angelabikerbabe 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ouch but great job @Angelabikerbabe 

Thanks @Jowl 👍 

What makes me happy today is that I have now completed and submitted all my uni work - dissertation, projects, reports, admins, the lot. There’s two years that went by pretty fast! 

A big thanks to all in the community who helped me with some project research this summer, and most of all a mahooooosive shout out to @Nataly who’s had to put up with my many days’ disappearance into classrooms, physical and virtual. :raised_hands:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Good work our Marcus👍, can’t have been easy doing all that studying at your age 🤭🤪🤣JK JK hee. 

That two years did indeed go swift, as I clearly remember when you excitedly signed up fo it! Seems only two minutes. 

Hopefully it’ll be well worth all the hard effort and time you put into it, 👍👏👨‍🎓. Well done lad. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What makes me happy today is that I have now completed and submitted all my uni work - dissertation, projects, reports, admins, the lot. There’s two years that went by pretty fast! 

A big thanks to all in the community who helped me with some project research this summer, and most of all a mahooooosive shout out to @Nataly who’s had to put up with my many days’ disappearance into classrooms, physical and virtual. :raised_hands:

Well done @Marc , bet you're chuffed it's all done 👏 👏 

I’m very, very chuffed it’s all done @Bev @Angelabikerbabe :laughing: It’s been a blast - and I suppose it’s healthy to challenge myself - but exhausting, too. 

Badge +3

Yesterday my lad asked if he could stay after school for a school organises football practice. He’s not massively into footie so pleased he want to. He also wants to stop for rugby today!

and his science teacher called us yesterday to say his work his outstanding in science, his knowledge and the content he produces. He’s way above where they’d expect him to me. That’s great as he wants to be a scientist. 

in 2 very tough weeks for the kids, as well as starting secondary school and a new year they’ve qualified for crufts, got a BBC interview scheduled and we’ve had 4 phone calls from secondary school praising the boy. 
so I think I’m allowed a little proud parent boast !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Greenhouse got delivered today. 👍. Just got to paint it and put it all together. (You wouldn't believe how many bits there are to it. and it's only a small 6x4 )

Amazing @Angelabikerbabe - hopefully the weather stays dry for you for putting it up! Defo need to show us the finished result :heart_eyes:

What’s made me happy today is the thought that it’s the first in-person live rugby I’ll be seeing since before Covid times! Eeeeek! 

Have even opted for a season card this time around (excuse the hand blocking out personal info ;) )

Eeeek! 

@David j does the Welsh prem season also start this weekend? :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Nataly, I’ve been out of the community loop for a while as domestic commitments have taken priority. However, your post caught my eye,  I am so pleased you’re  back in the Rugger Groove. In Wales, next week sees the start of the brand new United Rugby Championship which maintains the Pro 14 teams with the addition of the 4 Super Rugby Provinces in South Africa. It’ll be interesting to see how this competition develops. 
Take care everyone,

Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏉

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Greenhouse painted and installed. 2 days to construct it, you wouldn't believe how many bits there was! 

@Angelabikerbabe Here you are. An attachment for your bike!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Angelabikerbabe Here you are. An attachment for your bike!

Oh, i love it. @G4RHL   that's the way i want to go, ha ha !!

Greenhouse painted and installed. 2 days to construct it, you wouldn't believe how many bits there was! 

Looks like there’s a few left over bits still in there! I hate it when that happens… 😉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Bit late with the news but our son, who has just gone into year 6, made deputy head boy today. We're incredibly proud, especially for the difficult time he has had over the last year or so. He was in such a bad place just before Christmas and had zero confidence in himself and both the kids found it hard when I was poorly back in March. School have been amazing and got him counselling with a service called Seedlings. The change in him has been amazing and we were stunned when he actually wanted to submit a letter to be Head boy. Sorry, that was a bit long winded. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Looks like there’s a few left over bits still in there! I hate it when that happens… 😉 

Yeah, lots of extra bits,  but we have definitely followed the instructions. The delivery driver said they normally give you lots of extra screws and bits. Not sure why. 👍

Badge +3

Bit late with the news but our son, who has just gone into year 6, made deputy head boy today. We're incredibly proud, especially for the difficult time he has had over the last year or so. He was in such a bad place just before Christmas and had zero confidence in himself and both the kids found it hard when I was poorly back in March. School have been amazing and got him counselling with a service called Seedlings. The change in him has been amazing and we were stunned when he actually wanted to submit a letter to be Head boy. Sorry, that was a bit long winded. 

That’s great news - well done!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Fixed my toilet myself, wasn't flushing properly, so took cistern lid off and adjusted the fitting inside.....now works perfectly again, hooray!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s great Ange, and that is one DIY job I managed to do myself last year too, using You Tube! Nice feeling innit! 🚽🛠👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That’s great Ange, and that is one DIY job I managed to do myself last year too, using You Tube! Nice feeling innit! 

Yes, it is a good feeling.

i sometimes wonder how we ever managed pre-YouTube and pre-google? 🤣🤣