Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

1802 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Realising a new series of BAD MOVE with Jack Dee is back on tonight 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉Yippeeeeeee!

OK, so it’s not hilariously funny, BUT it’s lovely cosy viewing, and such a beautiful, bucolic setting 👍❤️
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Christmas nears, get out the paintbrush and decorate them (the conkers not the sp****s), you can save on xmas decorations for the tree and you can really push the boat out if you make some glitter (out of sweet wrappers?) to finish off the decoration.
Better still find some niecettes or mini nephews and get them to help!
Bev;11772:
So, just to ask, does anyone have any useful tips on how to use conkers?!

I've successfully placed a shed load all round my home to deter the dreaded ������������������but was a tad over zealous when collecting them ������������������������. Got carried away when finding huge ones straight from prickly shell, that ended up with far far far too many.

There must be other ways to use them, any ideas? ������*♀️

As far as what made me happy today, walking home (or getting blown home ������) in the fierce fierce wonderful Ali ������*♀️������������������������������������������������������������������������. Little bit scary at times under all the trees, with falling conkers like pellets! But enjoyed! Good fun ������������*♀️
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Wouldn’t have the time nor the patience Woz 😂😂😂👎
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
It’s Friday 👍🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Finishing work, walking home in gales ☀️💨☀️💨🏃*♀️, then making a mean bad boy veggie roast for late lunch 👍. Just finished it and it was beyond delicious mmmmmmmmm 😘😋

now looking forward to a cosy hibernating restful weekyendybendy ☔️💨👍

- - - Updated - - -

Might have a sneaky bottle of Bishops Finger 🤣🍺 with my cosy Britain By Bike With Larry and George Lamb tonight 🖥🚴*♂️🚴*♂️👍. Superb cosy viewing 👍, and a smashing velvety ale too!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Walking to the supermarket for early doors in monsoon ☔️☔️☔️☔️, then watching the new manager have fun with checkout staff and customers, to make the queues fun and fair 👏🛒👍🤪. It made everybody laugh, and brightened up a usually fairly dull chore. I walked home smiling, all the way 👍👏.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Just received my new Superdry cosy coat, soooooo chuffed with it. Already got a white winter Superdry but wanted one for this in between kinda autumn weather, and this new bugger is beyond perfect 🙀👍👏👏👏. Only ordered midnight Fri and here already AND FREE delivery ya beauty 👍👏🇯🇵.
Bev;12040:
Just received my new Superdry cosy coat, soooooo chuffed with it.

I'm looking for a warm coat for Autumn and Winter. Are Superdry good then? And - this might sound like a silly question - are they propertly waterproof?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
You’ll be amazed how many people have asked me that, so no, it’s NOT a silly question Marc👍. Lots assume because of the brand name, all their products are waterproof. Not the case, unless it clearly states waterproof. Have to say tho Marc, I cannot fault the brand👏. I adore their coats and this is my third. They are so well made, soooooooooo ultra warm🔥, and aside from this new one, (which is more for autumn and cosy warmth, not wet), they have been 100% waterproof☔️.

I tend to use (for coats) three brands, and cannot fault all three; they are Superdry, North Face, and Rab. It’s all then down to choice and style, as all three (for me anyway) are superb for warmth, long lasting, and harsh weather👍. No worries there on all three. I’d say North Face are probably best for breathability, in that they feel lighter weight so are great for almost EVERY season 🌷☀️🍁⛄️(no lie) but I’d say Superdry best for winter❄️. It’s all personal choice at end of the day Marc.
Today what has made me happy is a crisp morning with a clear blue sky and bright sunshine. And a cup of green tea as I catch up with community messages and read the latest posts and threads.
❤️
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
To have just taken a 🚿to COOL myself down 🙀🙀🙀👍, beyond stunning weather 😎☀️and soooooooooo hot! Almost October 🙀👏👏👏👏👏, you’d think it was July, no lie!
Userlevel 5
How about a What made me Ungappy page?

I was devasted yesterday Thursday 27 Sept, cos the Mobility dealership were told by Motability to take away my beloved scooter, George. A misarable day forever etched on my memory. So I'm totally hoysebound cos the unfair PIP Assessment system have only awarded me Standard Mobility rate, me who can't walk by myself not even a few steps without my Zimmer.

Its not just me, there are millions of genuine disabled adults in same situation. When that Assesor came she rushed the Q's got me confused and frustrated cos I speak slowly and stammer a bit so could not answer them quickly, so not answered well. She wrote I can walk more than 25m! Ha! Where did she get that from?
Not me. I asked if she would go in corrodor t see me walking slowly with acute pain. She refused.

Anyway I'll have to make my confinement as pleasant as poss. I have pkenty of socks n crafts to finish for my shop, so jyst av t.accept it. Heyho!!!
Kniterella;12271:

I was devasted yesterday Thursday 27 Sept, cos the Mobility dealership were told by Motability to take away my beloved scooter, George. A misarable day forever etched on my memory. So I'm totally hoysebound cos the unfair PIP Assessment system have only awarded me Standard Mobility rate, me who can't walk by myself not even a few steps without my Zimmer.

Oh, this is sad news @Kniterella :mad:
I hope that you get George back soon
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Very sad news indeed Knitty 😥😥. I hope you can appeal, doesn’t sound like a very fair assessment done at all, and I too hope you see the return of George 👍
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Kniterella;12271:

Its not just me, there are millions of genuine disabled adults in same situation. When that Assesor came she rushed the Q's got me confused and frustrated cos I speak slowly and stammer a bit so could not answer them quickly, so not answered well. She wrote I can walk more than 25m! Ha! Where did she get that from?
Not me. I asked if she would go in corrodor t see me walking slowly with acute pain. She refused.

Anyway I'll have to make my confinement as pleasant as poss. I have pkenty of socks n crafts to finish for my shop, so jyst av t.accept it. Heyho!!!

Sorry to hear. Do keep positive!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Knit
Stay strong.
You should appeal the decision
Have a look HERE <---- and if you can't manage get some help, maybe citizens advice?

Kniterella;12271:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Watching Strictly 💃🕺after a day of chores! 👍👏
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Strictly, hmmm it's a bit like Star Wars, you either get it or you don't.
On the grounds of potential embarrassment I'm not saying where I stand (or dance).
Bev;12348:
Watching Strictly ������������after a day of chores! ������������
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
........got meself a date! Don’t larf! 😂😂😂😂

Lovely chap from first block! Asked me out to lunch one day! Who cares if he’s 82 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. I said don’t larf! He’s one in a million bless! 👍💓😂😂😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Bev;12453:
........got meself a date! Don’t larf! 😂😂😂😂

Lovely chap from first block! Asked me out to lunch one day! Who cares if he’s 82 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. I said don’t larf! He’s one in a million bless! 👍💓😂😂😂

Get in there bev❤️❤️...surly he will pass:foldedhands: before you leaving all his wonga to you🆙:p:p
Unless they are, from cell block H
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I'm not going to laugh that you have a date, but do I have permission to larf at your message?
Whatever you do don't mention the war!

Bev;12453:
........got meself a date! Don’t larf! ������������������������

Lovely chap from first block! Asked me out to lunch one day! Who cares if he’s 82 ������������������������������������������. I said don’t larf! He’s one in a million bless! ������������������������������
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
LOL Jon 😂😂😂😂.

First time of agreeing to a date 😂in years! Thank God he’s 82 with no intention of invading my space! Adore my solitude way way way too much ❤️🤣👍. Free spirit!

- - - Updated - - -

LOL Woz 😂😂😂😂, oh you can’t beat the Fawlty Towers! Classic!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
jon really!
Has he tasted Bev's cooking?

Jon1;12458:
Get in there bev❤️❤️...surly he will pass:foldedhands: before you leaving all his wonga to you🆙:p:p
Unless they are, from cell block H
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hee hee hee hee! My cookings on a par with Nigella, I’ll have you know 😉

talking Fawlty, remember the light switch? 👙👌, OMG bleeding priceless 😂😂😂😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hilarious, every time I watch it<---- it gets funnier..

Bev;12463:
Hee hee hee hee! My cookings on a par with Nigella, I’ll have you know ������

talking Fawlty, remember the light switch? ������������, OMG bleeding priceless ������������������������
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Cooking @woz
No chance hes 82 lunch will be pie,mash & green gravy followed by a pint of stout.