Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

1977 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Results of the MRI scan on ye olde back. Surgery is not needed! Yeee-harrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

(Just a small matter of being solemnly told by Dr Serious that I need to up my exercises game).

Overall that’s a great result :relaxed: phew!

Super chuffed you for our Marc 👍👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏, huge huge relief when told you don’t need surgery, altho IF told, the NHS can’t be faulted with the outstanding surgeons we have 🙌, but yes, soooooo nice when you hear you won’t need it, and the answer is soooooo within your control. 

As our Rich says, press ups and deffo the plank, such a no no. I’m still trying to get passed one “ladies” press up, and could do so many full, prior. It’s about baby steps tho, and the positive is ALWAYS knowing there’s light (don’t like the old expression “at the end of a dark tunnel”) , as I think every single step is the fitting of the pieces together, it’s just now it gets more brighter as we see results, and the last few pieces of the jigsaw fitting together, no matter how long it takes. You soooo know it’s doable now tho Marc, and within reach, and not going to get worse or be the end of what you enjoy doing etc. 

Thrilled for you, Marc, truly am, and yes these consultants / surgeons can be a serious breed, but they’re bloomin exceptional, outstanding individuals 👍👍👍👍. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Great news @Marc 

A little trip into PP HQ for the first time since March 2020! 

As you can see, there’s not many others here… :grin:

PP HQ!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s my kinda office, Nat! No one else there! Bet you feel like skipping round because you’re as free as a bird LOL 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

Badge +5

For a smile, perhaps a tear: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-57156761

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

What a gorgeous, heart warming story 💕💕💕💕💕💕👍

Also our Rich, I soooooo intended replying to your earlier post re horizontal runs. On my absolutely life now, I was just doing my physio / exercise / hall runs etc, and “kicks in” as I call them, is part of my daily routine, as did them years and years ago at aerobics hee, did em for years in fact, and now find they continue to strengthen my shoulders. I also do the squats in and out from that position, with feet flat at either side of arms, then back outstretched behind. Yeah so knew exactly what you meant re horizontal runs 👍🤣🤣🏃‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Lovely story @G4RHL 

Badge +5

What a gorgeous, heart warming story 💕💕💕💕💕💕👍

Also our Rich, I soooooo intended replying to your earlier post re horizontal runs. On my absolutely life now, I was just doing my physio / exercise / hall runs etc, and “kicks in” as I call them, is part of my daily routine, as did them years and years ago at aerobics hee, did em for years in fact, and now find they continue to strengthen my shoulders. I also do the squats in and out from that position, with feet flat at either side of arms, then back outstretched behind. Yeah so knew exactly what you meant re horizontal runs 👍🤣🤣🏃‍♀️

@Bev Do bear in mind that horizontal running or jogging can be a different form of exercise once the imagination clicks in to think about it! :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh, well I won’t let my mind wander down that road then 😳🤣🙃😉, I’ll keep it firmly on my rehab programme 🏃‍♀️💪👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Results of the MRI scan on ye olde back. Surgery is not needed! Yeee-harrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

(Just a small matter of being solemnly told by Dr Serious that I need to up my exercises game).

Overall that’s a great result :relaxed: phew!

Great news @Marc 👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great news @Marc 

Awwwww

Badge +3

Actually got real life friends coming around tonight. It’s a mini Eurovision party with one other household. We’re all excited. My daughter got her outfit ready last night 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ooooooh yes, I forgot you were a HUGE Eurovision fan, Jowl 😳🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

Used to like it years and years back become it became farcical, but if you don’t take it seriously, and just larf along with it all, especially the BBC commentators 🤣🤣🤣🤣, then it’s bearable. Enjoy your eve, Jowl! 

Badge +3

Oh yeah. We defo don’t take it seriously. The political voting is still annoying tho !

Actually got real life friends coming around tonight. It’s a mini Eurovision party with one other household. We’re all excited. My daughter got her outfit ready last night 😂

Why does UK always get ‘nul’ points @Jowl :laughing: ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Why does UK always get ‘nul’ points @Jowl :laughing: ?

Well it definitely can’t be down to lack of popularity or I imagine Germany would have got a lot more than 3 points. Besides, Russia isn’t exactly popular and they were miles ahead, go figure!

Badge +5

Folks. In looking at what was in a particular gin I came across this review of it:

“Wife loves this gin. It keeps her docile and easier to manage. God, I hope we don't run out.”

The gin is Tanqueray No. 10. Its 47.5% proof!

Badge +3

I think if you tell an entire continent you don’t want to be their friend, this is to be expected ;) 

That said, we never did that well either. Our song wasn’t very good imo. That said we loved Germany’s - what euro vision should be about!

Badge +5

I think if you tell an entire continent you don’t want to be their friend, this is to be expected ;) 

That said, we never did that well either. Our song wasn’t very good imo. That said we loved Germany’s - what euro vision should be about!

I have not heard our song. Have I missed anything? Is it one of those where the singer, even though English, sings with an American whine as if he or she is constipated? Indeed why do many singers so sing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

What a brilliant description @G4RHL 

Some so called singing is enough to make your ears bleed, although I do have an advantage in these circumstances, I just take my hearing aids out.

What’s making me happy today is a big yellow thing in the sky. It looks vaguely familiar…..:sunglasses:

Badge +5

What’s making me happy today is a big yellow thing in the sky. It looks vaguely familiar…..:sunglasses:

Narr, you have been drinking!

Mond you there is some good news on recent progress in the development of fusion reactors which will provide enough energy for us all if they can harness the heat.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

My big yellow thing went away as soon as I sat down in my suntrap with my cuppa ☀️☕️🙄🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It’l be back soon with a bigger smile!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I love this! 

A newbie helping a newbie, with great results 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏