Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

1494 replies

Itโ€™s my housemate's birthday today, the sunโ€™s out and weโ€™re going for a drink after work! Lotsย to be happy about todayย :sun_with_face:

Badge +3

Watching my daughter absolutely love her first rugby training session today - despite heavy rain none stop. Her and all the kids had big smiles despite the absolutely miserable weather.ย 
thereโ€™s not many times Iโ€™d enjoy anything being stood out in that weather - but this was one of them.ย 
ย 

PJ and blanket day for the rest of the day :)ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ah, bet that was lovely to see them all with smiling faces, Jowl. Kiddies love rain and mud donโ€™t they, and her very first training session bless. Perfect ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‰.ย 

The rest of your day sounds exactlyย like mine, itโ€™s such the perfect day for coziness ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Canโ€™t say happy exactly but I was rather relieved when Cookie finally came outside for her morning wee, after standing in the rain in my pyjamas, housecoat, wellies and an umbrella to try and convince her.

I wonโ€™t lie it wasnโ€™t a great look. Sadly she was unconvinced until an hour later when she could no longer hold it in :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I did larf our Nanny bless ya hee hee, and I did zoom into your avatar yesterday to view it properly, she really is an absolute darling bless her ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘

Been relentless โ˜”๏ธall day, you can hopefully stay warm and cosy now with Cookie ๐Ÿ›‹๐Ÿ–ฅ๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

A week off work, was great,๐Ÿ‘ didn't go anywhere tho, but still enjoyableย 

(Now back to work , grrrr )

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The Durham Geese have had goslings!ย 

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Super cute ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Badge +2

Baby cucumbers ๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’ย  just popping out ....oh my word, such excitement here.ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Baby cucumbers ๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’ย  just popping out ....oh my word, such excitement here.ย 

Fantastic!ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Theyโ€™ve grown really fast, it seems, Jo! Exciting to watch, indeed ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ’

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That's me and husband booked in for 2nd covid jab on sat ๐Ÿ‘

( only 8 weeks since 1st one)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yeah, ten weeks is the ideal Ange, but theyโ€™re being told to race thru them now before the hugging etc comes into play, for fear of the potential carnage.ย 

Youll have no side effects this time, just slightly sore arm, nothing more ๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yeah, ten weeks is the ideal Ange, but theyโ€™re being told to race thru them now before the hugging etc comes into play, for fear of the potential carnage.ย 

๐Ÿคž hope so

Badge +2

Great news AngelaBBย  ๐Ÿ’‰๐Ÿ’‰

ย 

Massive thanks to all the people who developed the vaccine ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great news AngelaBBย  ๐Ÿ’‰๐Ÿ’‰

ย 

Massive thanks to all the people who developed the vaccine ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Yes, they are heroes ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

My other half called this morning to confirm he is flying home next Thursday for 12 days, yaaaayy!!

Amazing news @NannyOgg, bet you canโ€™t wait!ย :heart_eyes:ย ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Absolutely @Nataly , I was starting to get a bit anxious the last couple of days so the 6 week mark seems about right for him to be home. No more 8 week stretches hopefully and we are crossing fingers for him to get a job based up in Cumbria so he is closer to home and home a lot more regularly.

My wife had the same effects after the second jab as she had after the first - shivers, some aching and feeling knackered. Overnight it went. I had no symptoms. But I suspect I may have had Covid in February last year - headaches, knackered and my voice went hoarse. That does not mean I nay now! Problem is the voice problem persists 14 months on although at long last it seems to have improved. Also, until a month or so ago the voice issue was not readily recognised as a symptom and one that lingers. It is now. I wonder if it will be permanent. Anyway I have just poured a G&T and that will sort the problem!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You love your G and Tโ€™s ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿธ

@Bevย I do. Been introduced to a Japanese one - Roku - nice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Wonder if you saw Dragons Den, Rich? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

The idea was whiskey in pouches, yes like baby food with squeezey suck tops, but benefit was it could be posted thru door. Tej, Deborah and Peter jumped at it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Lapaโ€™s comments - have a great weekend

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

2nd jab doneย this morningย  . Waiting for side effects to kick in.