Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

1122 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Seeing that the full keyboard of iPad emojis work again! Soooo pleased! Simple things! πŸ˜›πŸ˜œπŸ€—πŸ‘πŸ’„πŸ€³and the US OPEN has started πŸŽΎπŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Oh and it’s the last one of the superb LONG LOST FAMILY tonight, such a ❀️Wrenching programme, but sooooooo good πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
It was winter first thing, with icy cold hands and a thick mist across the fields β„οΈβ„οΈβ„οΈπŸ§€πŸ§£, then absolute summer by the time I left work πŸ‘™πŸ™€, amazing! Two seasons in one day! Absolutely adorable first thing tho with that gorge β˜€οΈand crispy leaves πŸπŸπŸπŸπŸπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚plus the cold mist. Wonderful. Made me seriously smile all the way to work. Said it before, and I’ll keep saying it again, simple things! πŸ˜‚β€οΈ
Userlevel 5
Cruising down an almost clear main road on my scooter, into city centre to meet my best friend in Debenham's Caf for a coffee n a sarnie, Having a looong chat n working on my knitting. Yep knitting in Cafs is so popular, been going t Knit Nite for years but had a break for a few months, Linda and I agreed t go back to see the lasses at Starbux again, how FAB is that?

The lasses still come each Monday aft, for our 'me' time to forget about family, husbands n kids just knitting chatting n supping a huge coffee, mine's a PepperMint Choc chip Mocha Frapp, oooh come to Mamma I want one now.

All too soon I had t split n go t bank.

Another happy thing happened in morning, my little girlcat laid nxt to me on my bed to wake me up, she was purring loudly n wanted me to strike her back n give a bellyrub, When I came home she welcomed me must have missed me real bad, she was waiting for me at the door miaowing loudly wanting a tickle on her ears. Huh, if u tickle ur husband's ears he'll av u up b4 the Beak for harrassment. Ha!

Wot makes me really grumpy is that ol codger Bob asking me if I'm 'all right' every time he comes into main Lounge he sys by the patio door, I can't get past with him sat there n I'm struggling with heavy bags on my Rollator walker, he stretches his legs out next to patio door. Of course I'm not All Right silly ol duffer, so I told him to ******* off n leave me alone. He got the message at last, but instead of annoying me with stupid questions, he was tapping his shoes with walking stick or jiggling his keys loudly. Honest he makes me hopping mad. Can't he do that in his freakin flat?m?

When I go Morissons, uncontrolable kids start running in front of my scooter or staring at me as if I had 4 heads n 10 eyes, don't know wot makes em so hyper, maybe too much chocolate or orange juice with E numbers. The kids make a bee line for the chocolate shelves, they grab lots n scream the place down at top of their voices, just cos parent(s) put the chocs back on shelf. Spoilt brats, I'd rather have 2 cats.

I rwally enjoy Grumpy Ol Women prog on Beeb2 I'd av a good grump about kids n Teens making obnoxioys remaeks about me.

Like on Weds thuscweek, I was druving aling on the road did a right turn found a girl steolling in middle of road waiting for an accident, she asked me if she could have a ride in my scooter, she must think my scooter is a toy, I told her I'm nit insured to carry passengers, anyway she is too young to drive without a licece
. Kids just ANNOT me so much, they should go play on the mitorway out of my way
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Beyond hilarious Knitty! Love it! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
Userlevel 5
What made me deliriously happy jyst now is an email from a lady Customer with a Custom order commission, that is the 2nd one THIS WEEK. My goodness I'm imn demand all of a sudden.
Userlevel 5
I av not had replies from the 2 lady Customers, typical. Must have been spam emails. Huh just my luck. They put me on me hoss n not let me ride.

I was real happy after a relaxing facial by my Bwautician in my home, I felt so laid back I fell asleep. My mush looks a lot better than this morning, felt like death warmd up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
autumnal weather always brings the wildlife that little bit closer.
Had a rice pudding flavoured ice cream down at West Bay (Broadchurch) for my birthday... Flavour sounds strange but was lovely and included strawberry jam!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Happy belated birthday Mark 🍦🎈
Userlevel 5
I am deliriously happy cos just paid for monthly TVLicense. Now I can watch Netflix without their van outside. Lol!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
woz;10687:
In the interests of balance, what do you think about having a "What made me grumpy today" thread?

Arrival of Sept and autumn, not only means eight legged thingies but also a blanket of germs from nowhere πŸ™€πŸ˜·πŸ€§πŸ˜€πŸ€’πŸ—£! Office full of selfish germos. I’ve fought for over ten years without a cold virus, but think it’s got me today 😑😑😑😑😑. Not best pleased!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Ooooh 😫😫😫😫😫it said invalid attachment Jon πŸ€”
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
They are closing highclere castle this weekend ready to start filming downton the movie (good grief) so they were in the distance but kept sweeping over the farm to switch formations.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Oh my giddy aunt Violet! πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€Thanks sooooooooo much Jon for changing link to pic πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Love love love those beauties! Knew were doing Farnborough today, but didn’t know re the Highclere Castle Flypast. Lucky bugger Jon πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Bev;11339:
Oh my giddy aunt Violet! πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€Thanks sooooooooo much Jon for changing link to pic πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Love love love those beauties! Knew were doing Farnborough today, but didn’t know re the Highclere Castle Flypast. Lucky bugger Jon πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘

Yep a full on impromptu display while giving the bosses car a scrub.
Lovely shine dont ya think.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
You can almost see ya reflection! Good work! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. And what a bonus πŸ™€βœˆοΈβ€οΈπŸ”Ί
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Bev;11343:
You can almost see ya reflection! Good work! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. And what a bonus πŸ™€βœˆοΈβ€οΈπŸ”Ί

Well thankyou. Its a bitch of a job especially when i have to take it out to fill up with petrol,but heyy someones gotta do it. 😎
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Just watched the premiere on BBC2 of β€œThis beautiful fantastic” 🎬

Boy oh boy, what a beauty! Sooooooooooo ❀️warming, and wonderfully acted. The 🎹music throughout was gorgeous.

An absolutely lovely film πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
The gorgeous autumnal sun β˜€οΈwith a bit of gusty Helene thrown in πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨, then two lots of cooking. Spinach and πŸ‹πŸ‹soup, followed by Nigella asparagus saffron risotto from scratch πŸ‘. Both delicious! Very stuffed! Now a dollop of Dragons Den to complete the weekyendybendy. Simple things! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Collecting a shed load of conkers 🌰🌰🌰🌰🌰🌰🌰in the autumn β˜€οΈonce again, and gusty Helene, to deter the eight legged beasties πŸ•·πŸ•ΈπŸ•·. Think I might have a few too many tho πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Do the kiddy winkles still play with them? πŸ˜‚. Guess that’s something else that’s been banned by now too πŸ™„πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 5
Sounds idyllic. Huh who neeeds Benidorm, we got it all here in England β˜€οΈπŸŒžβ˜€οΈall Summer long, it was lovely in Bdf too, sunny day with a cool wind went out for a drive in my dress. Wot happened t the β›ˆ? we only had a piddly bit or rain on Sunday, so much for the forcast.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I think conkers have been deemed 'unsafe' by H&S miseryguts. Honest wot is so dangerous about a game of conkers?

They have taken the fun out of children's games. Can't go out to play in streets, can,t play rounders, can't get smacked, csn't go t corner shop on their own.

They even changed a blackboard into a whiteboard in schools and Colleges, for fear of insulting Afro-Carribbean people. What about people with pale skin? I'm not white I have an olive completion, I find it rather offensive too.

Methinks H&S Dept have got it way wrong about kids not playing with conkers. Its just harmless fun.🀣 never did me any harm,

- - - Updated - - -

I was πŸ˜„ today cos I went t the Sirhery to get my flu vacc. The Nurse was FAB. I never felt a thing, over in a trice.
Judy made me allaglow with luve, cos she really misses me wen I hop on George, wot a welcome I got. Judy is asleep on my bed.

Third thing.
I went to Morrissons t get a bit of food. I got some batteries as well, someone had nicked 2 AAA batteries, so I got my 8 then took the 2 pack showed it t guy. His Manager let me have em for Β£2. Wot a bargain!

So now I can get a Rhubarb pie out n some ice cream n put telly on Netflix, I.like a good murder mystery or car chases, there are lits of action n spy films too. Toe curling bliss.

4th tbing

I bought myself a lovely dark red winter coat/parker, with softest fake fur, so very soft n cuddly like stroking my cat Judy. I also got a warm jumper it was in my size, wen I put it on it wad a bit baggy, must av lost weight, At Last!!! Its shifting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Fab read as ever, Knitty πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
So, just to ask, does anyone have any useful tips on how to use conkers?!

I've successfully placed a shed load all round my home to deter the dreaded πŸ•·πŸ•·πŸ•·but was a tad over zealous when collecting them πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Got carried away when finding huge ones straight from prickly shell, that ended up with far far far too many.

There must be other ways to use them, any ideas? 🀷*♀️

As far as what made me happy today, walking home (or getting blown home πŸ˜‚) in the fierce fierce wonderful Ali πŸƒ*β™€οΈπŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ˜‚πŸ‘. Little bit scary at times under all the trees, with falling conkers like pellets! But enjoyed! Good fun πŸ‘πŸ™‹*♀️