Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

1281 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Doing over 11 miles of walking today, then getting home to listen to Gary Davies ❤️ LOL and him reading my email out again 😉 re Madge, as the show is dedicated to Madonna as 60 on Thurs 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
My follow up phone call from BT just now.........

Offered me six notes, to reimburse me for the six days loss of landline and WiFi

i seriously said “are you for real?!”

He went to his boss, who offered me the six notes plus £20 compensation.

i said “I’d like to cancel then as that’s laughable!”

He said “Hold on, “ and went back to boss :rolleyes:

She offered the six notes plus £40 compensation.

I said “Make it 50 plus the 6 and I’ll stay!”

He kept saying no :mad:

So I said “Put your boss on, Garth, please!”

He said “Hold on, no need, she’s nodding to 50 plus 6 if you stay with BT!”

I said “deal!”

Talk about hard work jeeeeez, but got result in end 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Seeing the happy faces of the children at Great Ormond Street Hospital on the new Paul O’Grady series tonight. Beyond humbling. Heart melting ❤️
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
BT engineer fixing my WiFi for a SECOND time in a week, after six whole days without it! Absolute torture!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
BT fixing my WiFi:foldedhands:. Being without it for a day and a half, except for tiny spurts, took me back to 1972! How did we ever manage?! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Just the fact it’s Sunday, and enjoying a restful, leisurely day, doing the simple things in life 🆙

Also appreciating the longevity of this thread, which I love! ❤️
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Catching up on three weeks worth of Mortimer Whitehouse Gone Fishing, on iplayer 🆙.

I’ve said it before, but simple things! 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Watching a baby blackbird take its very first bath in my bird bowl, on my balcony. Delightful ❤️
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
And well worth the wait! Loved reading it!

- - - Updated - - -

Jon1;9201:

LAD. am i not older than you lassy.lol

hee hee hee, oh yes, from the number one on your 14th birthday thingy, I think we gauged most peoples ages, but what’s a few years amongst friends hee, we’re all much around the same I think!
Jon1;9201:
Still waiting for the spotlight to appear, maybe wattbot has lost it. Worse still the selfie may of caused an overload of wattbot systems.

That is very uncanny. I was just sorted this out yesterday evening. Will post later today. Fame beckons @Jon1 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Funny! :D;):D
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Jon is fine. Be surprised how often i call or mail people claiming to be my alter ego. Still waiting for the spotlight to appear, maybe wattbot has lost it. Worse still the selfie may of caused an overload of wattbot systems.
LAD. am i not older than you lassy.lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Well that sounds close enough to a farm to me! Sounds fab!

jeez talk about confused dot com! You can’t change your name to Drew now, we all know you as Jon hee hee!

PS what’s happened to your Spotlight! It’s almost August lad!:p
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Must confess @Bev its not an actual farm. Nearly 35 acre of garden with woods,meadow,paddocks,lots of grass 3 lakes but one has dried up this year and a veg patch.on the animal front 3 sheep 2 alpaca 15 chickens 2 horses dogs and cats. And best not forget the bees.
P.S. my names not even jon (hes tbe boss) its drew.🆒
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
That looks quite cool actually Jon! You have such an idyllic job with your tractor and your animals!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
The boss got me an electric car today. Not quite what i was hoping for but i guess it saves me walking across the meadow.

- - - Updated - - -

Bev;9163:
have to say, after three consecutive showers, and STILL dripping, I’m beginning to think it’s only bliss if right by sea or pool! Phew it’s a killer!

Haha.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Marc;9101:
I dunno @Bev Got to say it's doing my head in a bit :rolleyes:

have to say, after three consecutive showers, and STILL dripping, I’m beginning to think it’s only bliss if right by sea or pool! Phew it’s a killer!
I dunno @Bev Got to say it's doing my head in a bit :rolleyes:
Bev;9077:
Realising that this heatwave is not ending any time soon 🆒🆙:foldedhands:, loving it! ❤️
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Realising that this heatwave is not ending any time soon 🆒🆙:foldedhands:, loving it! ❤️
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Listening to Gary Davies on Radio 2 on Friday nights ❤️! Sounds of the 80s. Blissful memories. He’s my new guilty pleasure all over again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
.....walking home from work today FASTER than the traffic! Cars almost at standstill, gridlock as rat race begins now kiddywinkles broken up! Mad nation! I felt rather smug on foot!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Giving a homeless man £1 and seeing his face light up, bless :foldedhands:

- - - Updated - - -

And an RAF jet practising its landing right over my flat into the airport OMG beyond low, Beyond loud, beyond heart pounding❤️!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Marc;8777:
Today what has made me happy is just the simple peace & quiet as I made my journey to work. Nothing special happened. Which was perfect :o

Love that! Simple things! Bliss! 🆙:p
Today what has made me happy is just the simple peace & quiet as I made my journey to work. Nothing special happened. Which was perfect 😮
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Drinking a cheeky Guinness on a balmy summers July evening! Simple pleasures 🆙