Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

1586 replies

:grin: Β I tend not to think about them either, ha! My mum’s Glaswegian and has used Burns night as an excuse for putting an β€˜event’ in the calendar in lockdown.Β 

To be honest I’ve not had haggis very often - it just tastes like black pudding really. If you get a good one it can be pretty good, if you get a bad one it’s a disasterΒ :joy:

Haggis is an English β€œinvention” from the 16th century, later adopted by the Scottish. They breed them now and because one or two have escaped they run wild across the moors and shooting parties have a great day!

However, they can be made as opposed to being shot! I don’t find it tastes like black pudding but quite different. Made from mince meat with some barley, herbs and other flavoursome things. It used to be mainly offal that goesΒ into it. Β Nice with neeps and tatties! I picked one up in my click and collect order from Tesco this morning.

PS I once ordered it in a restaurant. The waitress asked me how my meal was and I said wonderful but asked who the local haggis breeder was. She took me seriously 😳 

Not so much as made me happy but made me smile. Out for a walk it was noticeable this time how many dog walkers were out and about. When dogs greet each other they sniff each other’s bottoms. It crossed my mindΒ that, thank goodness,Β we humans just say β€œGood Morning”!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Not so much as made me happy but made me smile. Out for a walk it was noticeable this time how many dog walkers were out and about. When dogs greet each other they sniff each other’s bottoms. It crossed my mindΒ that, thank goodness,Β we humans just say β€œGood Morning”!

Good morning & a hand shake, like the good old days 😜😜

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Happy Birthday our Strutty πŸ₯‚πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸ₯‚πŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Happy Birthday our Strutty πŸ₯‚πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸ₯‚πŸ‘

Cheers our Bev - much appreceated indeed’eee - hee hee.

Walking through the park this morning came across a king fisher, so rare where we live

Β 

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Seen just one in my lifetime our Strutty, felt soooooooooo privileged as know sooooooo rare! I was just passing the stream at the right time. Busy main road around two years ago, but just peered over the bridge and there itwas. Wonderful sight.Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Happy birthday Strutt G πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Happy birthday Strutt G πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Happy birthday @Strutt GΒ πŸŽ‰πŸΎπŸ₯‚

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Cheers Ladies and Gents - had a great day and we had lunch delivered (a surprise) from a fav restaurant.

Β 

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Seeing honeybees flying from the school hive I keep an eye on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Reaching 4pm and an annoying day with our email systems being down all morning so a knock on effect and manic afternoon being over. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Daffodils, snow drops etc are out here in South Wales so spring is around the corner.Β 
Yipeeeee πŸ‘πŸͺ΄

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Lovely pics our Dai πŸ“ΈπŸŒΉπŸŒΌπŸ‘πŸ‘, snow, gales and monsoon here, all combined!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Lovely pics our Dai πŸ“ΈπŸŒΉπŸŒΌπŸ‘πŸ‘, snow, gales and monsoon here, all combined!

It landed here first Bev then worked its way north & east. Hope you have the Selkbag in use πŸ‘πŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hee hee hee, absolutely our Dai, in it right now, cosy eve ahead πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ€£πŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hee hee hee, absolutely our Dai, in it right now, cosy eve ahead πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ€£πŸ‘

Excellent Bev, stay warm πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Badge +2

Cake

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Loving the PP calendar! πŸ“†Nice to see a bit of Spring for Feb, courtesy of our Mavis πŸŒΉπŸ‘πŸ“Έ

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Taking a snow day , watching films and watching snow come down and birds feeding in the garden  😁

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ooooooooh what an idyllic day, Ange! Hope we get some more!

There's not been a lot of happy bits in the pandemic, let’s be honest. The peace and quiet was good at first, and the love for the NHS has been really wonderful.

A new one that makes me happy is hearing grateful messages from friends whose elderly relatives have had their vaccinations, and some who've even been scheduled to get one themselves.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Out in my lunch walk and saw a kingfisher fishing along the river!Β 

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

OMG they are so rare especially inner city, Ange. I’ve seen justΒ one in my whole life, and sooooooo lucky as was just passing a local stream. I remember being soooooo excited but no way did I have chance to get a pic, so you must be super chuffed! πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OMG they are so rare especially inner city, Ange. I’ve seen justΒ one in my whole life, and sooooooo lucky as was just passing a local stream. I remember being soooooo excited but no way did I have chance to get a pic, so you must be super chuffed! πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I was extremely chuffed @BevΒ πŸ‘

I've seen a couple of flashes of blue , on 2 occasions before ( out in the countryside), when they sped past me at speed. But I have never seen one perched up and diving in and out , and certainly was notΒ  expecting to see one in the middle of Durham. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ¦

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Really enjoying spending some quality time lounging with my youngest son watching some almost retro rebrand TV 😊