Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

1586 replies

…..just ordered new backpack with part of my lovely Amazon reward vouchers πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Super chuffed πŸŽ’

What make did you go for @BevΒ ?

Sounds good though. For those long hikes to get the steps in!

This Wikipedia entry made me happy today.

Umarell (Italian pronunciation: umaˈrΙ›l) a folk term in Bologna referring specifically to men of retirement age who pass the time watching construction sites, especially roadworks β€” stereotypically with hands clasped behind their back and offering unwanted advice.

:laughing:

Perfecto!

Here’s a link to the Wikipedia page.

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

…..just ordered new backpack with part of my lovely Amazon reward vouchers πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Super chuffed πŸŽ’

What make did you go forΒ @BevΒ ?

Sounds good though. For those long hikes to get the steps in!

Well Marc, I’ve always gone for particular types, or brands, with my many backpacks over the years, when used for walking and working, but lately they haven’t been lasting as long. The bag stays perfect, like new in fact, but zips break and edges tear, so realised now thatΒ I’m mainly using for shopping these days, I need a slightly bigger one and stronger one.Β 

Did a lot of browsing, but couldn’t see what I wanted, so just kept using my current one. When that broke Sunday, I came across a slightly larger capacity, made by Blacks πŸ‘πŸ‘, and it’s now on it’s way πŸ‘πŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Backpack arrived already πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. WasΒ due Saturday, and free delivery, so super impressed πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸŽ’πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Great stuff @Bev! Do we get to see a pic?Β :smiley:

Glad it could be put to good use!Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Love it Nat! Lots of secret little compartments and side pockets. Yep, photo to follow πŸ“ΈπŸŽ’

Doesn’t do it justice, as expected, but hidden pocket even in hood πŸ‘πŸ‘

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Just filled it with few heavy groceries and did few lapsΒ round the abode πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸŽ’πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚just to try it out! Love it already ya bugger πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Recycled the old πŸŽ’by cutting it right down βœ‚οΈbut making it into an inner base for the new one, with its extra straps and compartments. Really chuffed πŸ‘πŸ‘

With a bit more of my amazon voucher, I ordered some new waterproof walking trousers, as mine got a bit tatty. Peter Storm. They have just arrived. Have to say, cannot absolutely fault these Amazon delivery guys throughout this pandemic. Same guy as yesterday. Full of smiles, using my name, fully distancing, Masked, and a chuckle re taking my photograph. Cannot fault πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Just earned my 5000 up badge for 5000 posts! Proper thrilled πŸ‘πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š

Giphy links are working againΒ :slight_smile:

Β 

Choose β€˜embed media’ from the text editor tool bar, paste the Giphy link, hit β€˜Send’ to postΒ 

Oh, and got this in the post today. A gift from Pure PlanetΒ :stuck_out_tongue:

Yum!

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Well jeal πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘!!!!!!!!!!!! How fab!

Oh, and got this in the post today. A gift from Pure PlanetΒ :stuck_out_tongue:

Yum!

Β 

Are they worried you’ll starve if they don’t feed you?

Β 

Discovering Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s on Amazon Prime, half way through season 1 alreadyΒ :grinning:

Oh, and I’d like to put a β€˜belated’ one in for yesterday.

Received a box which appears to contain a β€˜new’ induction hob, I guess I will know for sure what’s in there if the Stoves engineer turns up Monday to finally fix/replace mine.

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey! Bloomin loving that new leaderboard! πŸ™€πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰! Ya bugger! Simple things! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

#suchachild 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Did anyone see the Young Poet LaureateΒ Amanda Gorman at Biden’s Inauguration yesterday- wow,Β she stole the showΒ and only 22 years old πŸ‘πŸ’₯. Wonderful, Wonderful, WonderfulΒ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The Turkish dog story! OMG just beyond adorable πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2021/jan/22/how-boncuk-the-dog-waited-days-outside-turkish-hospital-video

Sooooo reminded me ofΒ the film Haatchi πŸ’•πŸΎπŸ’•

The smell of our Burns supper going through the house right nowΒ :grinning:

Ready for a night full of neeps, tatties and haggis…  (ok, between us,Β not looking forward to the haggis as much, but still!).Β 

Time to dig out the tartan...

Β 

Β 

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’d forgotten your Scottish connections Nataly - I know what Haggis is, what doesΒ it taste like? 😜😜

:grin: Β I tend not to think about them either, ha! My mum’s Glaswegian and has used Burns night as an excuse for putting an β€˜event’ in the calendar in lockdown.Β 

To be honest I’ve not had haggis very often - it just tastes like black pudding really. If you get a good one it can be pretty good, if you get a bad one it’s a disasterΒ :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Summed up beautifully Nataly, I like black pudding so I will stick to that.Β 
Cheers,

Dai πŸ‘πŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Cheers PP finally got a friend to come on board who pinged me a copy of the voucher email today as I receivedΒ too. On my Birthday as well. I won’t tell yer my friends user name as he has not posted yet. But hopefullyΒ he’s watching; he looks like a cross between Kim Jong Un and a young Shaun Rider. It all depends how he catches the shadows under theΒ discoΒ lights.

I have no idea what Shaun Rider looks like but I do know what Un looks like and I hope your description does not allude to size and obviously not brain!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just consumed a Long Black coffee from my local, family run, coffee house. Had a laugh & joked with the owners.Β 
Happy Days πŸ‘β˜•οΈ