Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

1596 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Sorry Bev, I've deleted the post, - they were right on my phone and wrong on my computer, my sincere apologies for doubting.
​Now I have to find out why...
ahhh I don't think it's fixable or at least not on my computer, the photos are actually rotated but the phone corrects the rotation and the computer doesn't...maybe there's an option buried somewhere, but I haven't found it.
Bev;28608:
Oh they were already rotated fine on mine our Wozeeta! How bizarre ������
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
it’ll be food sex or territory (this probably applies to kids too but I’m talking about the cats)
We have now become the cat magnet in our area, once they get an idea of cat treat availability they appear, one is possibly a stray (not sure yet) another lives 2 doors away!
or Merry is being stalked in her/ his territory or the opposite
Always a worry when they disappear especially if older.
​I hope she/he is chipped (the cat not the kids but the way things are going kids will be chipped soon)

Daspy;28779:
Congrats @Gabolino. We have 2 boys in their teens now. Enjoy every moment.

- - - Updated - - -

On another level our cat Merry has just been found after having gone missing very uncharacteristically (is that correct?) for 48hrs. Happy dayz🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
A cosmic delight!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Made up by just unboxing the AeroPress for the first time - Brilliant Device!
On first brew it makes a great if not smoother coffee than below method.

Bialette stove top valve caput - Saved by a Christmas Present.

I suppose it is pride, pleasure and happiness that leads me to post this. Just had a FaceTime chat with my 16 year old grandson. He has his GCSE results. Ten subjects. Ten 9s. He’s happy!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Marc;49227:
Hi @Strutt G
Do you curate your fav YouTube tracks anywhere, like a playlist?
If so, it would be great if you could share it 😁

Ah thanks Marc, I would need to run you through the history...its an inexhaustible amount of tunes covering eras and makes my head hurt thinking about it. A little story, back in the day I walked into this basement shop in Kings Road 1975 aged 17 and spoke to the Don, thats Don Lets in the photo, re BBC Radio6. He recommended the Mr Magic album by Grover Washington, number 1 in the in blues and soul mag funk jazz charts. He said to me where did you get those shoes from, I said Blackmans off Bricklane. I went back there the following week and as per the picture, he'd purchased the remaining few bits of stock selling them at £12 when they cost £2.
Winkle pickers with printed leather snake skin made by Regency Shoes bond street - Retro stuff.
Just to add all the gear we was wearing was never sold in the high street shops and when the high street caught up, years.. later, it was not originals and that included combat - it was a very innovative and a magical time, finding clothes, getting things made up turning up at the record shops for the latest imports.

If your watching Don - I forgive you.

Mummy woodpecker brought her chick to be fed in our garden today.

Tried my best to get a pic, but they kept moving and hiding in the other side of the tree. 

Hopefully they'll come back  🙏👍

Great pictures. Our male comes in the garden every day. Sometimes just for a drink but he is yet to bring his woman and family. Still sensitive to movement but is becoming more confident. Yesterday a baby tit flew into the conservatory and stunned itself. Fortunately after picking it up and putting it out on the lawn it recovered after about 10 minutes and flew off. 

What an iPad can do.

Badge +2

Congratulations @Jowl   great news 👏👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You’re spot on Bev, I remember those early years on the beach with my dad wearing a tie and jacket, even on a warm day 😜😜. 👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Got some painting done In  the garden 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Lovely visit to Tintagel and Port Isaac today. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Happy days . Day off. Took great pleasure taking a phone cann from SSE who then refused to speak to me because i didnt know the acct number? Excuse me but who called who? Very pleasing to say at 4p per unit cheaper i have started the switch to PP today so welcome to my alter ego @Jon2.

What makes me happy today is that I have now completed and submitted all my uni work - dissertation, projects, reports, admins, the lot. There’s two years that went by pretty fast! 

A big thanks to all in the community who helped me with some project research this summer, and most of all a mahooooosive shout out to @Nataly who’s had to put up with my many days’ disappearance into classrooms, physical and virtual. :raised_hands:

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Finished off all 7 seasons of GOT in under a month and feasted on season 8 epi 1 last night.
Anyone watch too? Opinions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Happy doesn’t even come close to how I feel today.

After more than a year of absolute misery and terrible goings on, our neighbours have finally been evicted. It is party time on our street. I shall be celebrating with an endless stream of chocolate for the forseeable future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Enjoy your hols Nataly 🏖
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You are spot on @Bev 

I had a mental health crisis about 5 weeks ago. Poor Bill had to fly home from Sweden and take a month off. Between the lockdowns, Bill working away, home schooling and the scum next door, just sent me over the edge.

It has been a string of awful incidents but I shall be careful not to put details on here because you never know who knows who. Let’s just say that had only been there 2 months and the house was put on the police watch list. Says it all doesn’t it? I ended up in a nose to nose confrontation about 3 weeks ago, I just snapped. She didn’t bother me after that, go figure!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
David j;32373:
Have a lovely time Angelabikerbabe ������������

Thanks David 😎
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Jowl;27256:
That's up 50p from the last time I was there! Who are you supporting @Jon1?

For my sins im WATFORD born and bred.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Oh NannyOgg, so pleased for you, having that on your doorstep in the middle of a pandemic must have been unbelievably stressful. Shame about the “naked streak” though 😄😄. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You’re  so good @Bev, great support 👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Not at all our Dai, but thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Bev 

Unfortunately the point about them getting what's deserved is far from what actually happens.

It just means that the problem is moved to another area, where the trail of destruction, harassment, anti social behaviour and  noise is moved to another area where the current residents will be subjected to the same treatment, before again being moved on to continue the cycle, more often than not also leaving a trail of debts behind them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Faslane and their subs, if that nicola sturgen lass gets her lifelong goal of scottish independance then your right they will unofficially be moved as the DOD wont have the entire fleet stored on foreign territories same goes for the airbases.so a friend of a very good friend drunkenly told us one night. Not sure they would go to GIB just in case the spanish try and nick em