Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

932 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Just the fact it’s Sunday, and enjoying a restful, leisurely day, doing the simple things in life 🆙

Also appreciating the longevity of this thread, which I love! ❤
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
BT fixing my WiFi:foldedhands:. Being without it for a day and a half, except for tiny spurts, took me back to 1972! How did we ever manage?! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
BT engineer fixing my WiFi for a SECOND time in a week, after six whole days without it! Absolute torture!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Seeing the happy faces of the children at Great Ormond Street Hospital on the new Paul O’Grady series tonight. Beyond humbling. Heart melting ❤
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
My follow up phone call from BT just now.........

Offered me six notes, to reimburse me for the six days loss of landline and WiFi

i seriously said “are you for real?!”

He went to his boss, who offered me the six notes plus £20 compensation.

i said “I’d like to cancel then as that’s laughable!”

He said “Hold on, “ and went back to boss :rolleyes:

She offered the six notes plus £40 compensation.

I said “Make it 50 plus the 6 and I’ll stay!”

He kept saying no :mad:

So I said “Put your boss on, Garth, please!”

He said “Hold on, no need, she’s nodding to 50 plus 6 if you stay with BT!”

I said “deal!”

Talk about hard work jeeeeez, but got result in end 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Doing over 11 miles of walking today, then getting home to listen to Gary Davies ❤ LOL and him reading my email out again 😉 re Madge, as the show is dedicated to Madonna as 60 on Thurs 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Seeing the red hot sunshine back today!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was seriously like winter, with biting temperatures and hail.

But today summer is back! 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Finding a nice pair of fully soled slippers in Asda, five notes, hee hee! ;)Light brown fur, inside and out. Look about 74 :pbut, to quote the late, great Victoria Wood:foldedhands:.......mmmmmmm they look comfy;)!
1 I finished listening to an Audiobook, Three Men in a Boat by
Jerome K Jerome

What a jolly good wheeze I laffed at their antics and their dog Monty was so funny.

2 My Homecare Manager got me 2 wks of groceries. So won't be hungry n did not spend all the budget so I'm glad I'm not skint.

3 My Gmail account is back! I could not get any emails for 3 WEEKS. I finally proved to Google it was me trying t get into my account. Honest the security is tight as blue****** fly.
I had t created a recovery email and new password. At least my stuff is working again. I read through over 120 emails. YouTube n Netflux was off, I felt really cut off, but now I'm happy as Larry.
I wonder who is Larry???

4 Judy my little girl (cat) plonked herself on my beading tray n had a snooze while I gave her belly rub. I could not make the jewellery while Judy was on my beading tray. She is probably in the wardrobe on the shelf fast ssleep. She makes me soooo happy when she pops on my legs, she stays quite a long time.
Sometimes Judy lays on my soft woolly knitting WIP's she luves a good head rub or tickling her ears.

Great! Here she is on my legs again. Bliss!

- - - Updated - - -

I had no idea Vitoria Wood had gone over the veil. It happens to the best people. I was really cut up at
Amy Winehouse going, what a FAB voice. So talented. Gone to join the 27 Club.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Fab read Kniterella 🆙. I sooooo know that feeling of being cut off from the world, as you’ll have seen from my earlier posts. Glad you’re back online and all sorted 🆙. Awful losing ya WiFi.

Oh how adorable re your cat ❤.

I’ve just watched new series of Dragons Den, soooooo love that programme! Makes fantastic viewing!

Amy Winehouse? - you might like to see the new thread about music icons I’ve generated. It’ll soon be in the right place of OFF TOPIC, but for now it’s in Ask The Community. Feel free to add your faves Knit 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
This new avatar of mine! :DKeeps bringing a smile to my face! So bright! Bloomin loving it! 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Kniterella;10242:
. . . .My Gmail account is back! I could not get any emails for 3 WEEKS. I finally proved to Google it was me trying t get into my account. Honest the security is tight as blue****** fly.
I had t created a recovery email and new password. At least my stuff is working again. I read through over 120 emails. YouTube n Netflux was off, I felt really cut off, but now I'm happy as Larry.
I wonder who is Larry???

haha Knit

3 things

1. Do you have a mobile phone? If so set it up as recovery for your gmail account HERE's a link on how to. If you don't have one I think it's possible to use your landline
2. tight as a blue ****** fly - haha! smashing metaphore
3. (about Larry) I point blank refuse to Google it so I'm going to guess, Larry the lamb (are lambs happy?).
Any offers on alternative candidates? (and no cheating with Google!)
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Four years to the day that I fell and broke both wrists in works car park. Freak accident. No blame. Six weeks in plaster and four months of bilateral rehab, but altho a lot of hard work and pain, it makes me happy today that I made such a great recovery :foldedhands:
Thank God he is still alive, these conditions are very serious. More and more people are surviving cancer., maybe there will be a cure on the horizon soon. Prayer is a wonderful thing, miraculous cures happen if its God’s Will. Maybe your Father is meant to do important things with rest of his life.

My Dad had prostate trouble but not cancer, he had a mini stroke too, Mum and I were his Carers, he made a good recovery, we helped him to walk again with a zimmer. We prayed for him so much, I’m glad he lived to see his 80th birthday, he had a party with his friends, 2 bottles of whisky, lits if food n a cake as well. Boy he had a great time.

I hope yoyr Father ihas made a good recovery.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Opening my BT app and seeing a credit of 65 notes! Even more than I thought! 🆙;)
Nurse Serena coming to see me, saying the burns on my foot healed so I can wash me feet. My luttle girl Judy jumpung up on her scratchpole showing Nursey how Judy gives me her paw.

My Carer getting me dressed, cos I'm off t Gym at last. Every day in August it was raining or I was having a lot of pain, but today I'm all psyched up to work real hard. This belly is driving me nuts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Reaching Level 21, GUST, and therefore giving one of my all time favourite classic films a little plug 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
And Ricky Gervais doing a little fart on Karl Pilkingtons head whilst filming, on It’ll be alright on the night tonight :D;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
In the interests of balance, what do you think about having a "What made me grumpy today" thread?

la la la ... in a most delightful way... (that was an homage to Julie Andrews)
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
woz;10687:
In the interests of balance, what do you think about having a "What made me grumpy today" thread?

la la la ... in a most delightful way... (that was an homage to Julie Andrews)

Being overcharged yet again in stupid Asda and not checking receipt til got home as way too much to carry. Annoying as happens all time, sure they do it on purpose. Seriously considering changing store even if it means further walking. I’m not even keen on stupid Apple juice! Only bought it cos Innocent large Apple was reduced by two notes! LOL :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

On the flip side, what made me HAPPY, was seeing that “Murder on the Blackpool Express”, is being shown on Freeview tomorrow eve (Drama channel) starring Car Shares Sian Gibson and also Johnny Vegas. Didn’t see first time round, earlier in the year, so will enjoy 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Watching the relentless rain, knowing I haven’t got to go out til Tuesday 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Relaxing on a Sunday night, thinking “No school tomorrow! Yipppeeeeeeeee!” :foldedhands:🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I hope you've finished your homework-or has the dog eaten it again?
Bev;10809:
Relaxing on a Sunday night, thinking “No school tomorrow! Yipppeeeeeeeee!” :foldedhands:🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
woz;10810:
I hope you've finished your homework-or has the dog eaten it again?

LOL if only we knew how easy life was back then as a child!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Watching The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo 🆙❤