What made me happy today

Show first post

1281 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
A cosmic delight!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Made up by just unboxing the AeroPress for the first time - Brilliant Device!
On first brew it makes a great if not smoother coffee than below method.

Bialette stove top valve caput - Saved by a Christmas Present.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Marc;49227:
Hi @Strutt G
Do you curate your fav YouTube tracks anywhere, like a playlist?
If so, it would be great if you could share it 😁

Ah thanks Marc, I would need to run you through the history...its an inexhaustible amount of tunes covering eras and makes my head hurt thinking about it. A little story, back in the day I walked into this basement shop in Kings Road 1975 aged 17 and spoke to the Don, thats Don Lets in the photo, re BBC Radio6. He recommended the Mr Magic album by Grover Washington, number 1 in the in blues and soul mag funk jazz charts. He said to me where did you get those shoes from, I said Blackmans off Bricklane. I went back there the following week and as per the picture, he'd purchased the remaining few bits of stock selling them at £12 when they cost £2.
Winkle pickers with printed leather snake skin made by Regency Shoes bond street - Retro stuff.
Just to add all the gear we was wearing was never sold in the high street shops and when the high street caught up, years.. later, it was not originals and that included combat - it was a very innovative and a magical time, finding clothes, getting things made up turning up at the record shops for the latest imports.

If your watching Don - I forgive you.

Badge +2

Congratulations @Jowl   great news 👏👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Happy days . Day off. Took great pleasure taking a phone cann from SSE who then refused to speak to me because i didnt know the acct number? Excuse me but who called who? Very pleasing to say at 4p per unit cheaper i have started the switch to PP today so welcome to my alter ego @Jon2.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Finished off all 7 seasons of GOT in under a month and feasted on season 8 epi 1 last night.
Anyone watch too? Opinions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Enjoy your hols Nataly 🏖
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
David j;32373:
Have a lovely time Angelabikerbabe ������������

Thanks David 😎
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Jowl;27256:
That's up 50p from the last time I was there! Who are you supporting @Jon1?

For my sins im WATFORD born and bred.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Oh NannyOgg, so pleased for you, having that on your doorstep in the middle of a pandemic must have been unbelievably stressful. Shame about the “naked streak” though 😄😄. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You’re  so good @Bev, great support 👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Not at all our Dai, but thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Bev 

Unfortunately the point about them getting what's deserved is far from what actually happens.

It just means that the problem is moved to another area, where the trail of destruction, harassment, anti social behaviour and  noise is moved to another area where the current residents will be subjected to the same treatment, before again being moved on to continue the cycle, more often than not also leaving a trail of debts behind them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Faslane and their subs, if that nicola sturgen lass gets her lifelong goal of scottish independance then your right they will unofficially be moved as the DOD wont have the entire fleet stored on foreign territories same goes for the airbases.so a friend of a very good friend drunkenly told us one night. Not sure they would go to GIB just in case the spanish try and nick em
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
First time ever, i have finally got round to donating blood. Frankly that was easy dont know why i waited so long.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Five fridays this month, its still a bit early in the year but decided to offset my carbon footprint for the year, apparently i am the cause of 7.2T of carbon. Car and now unused flight offset separately.
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great you popped by, our Dai, and great to see your Shadows and Reflections photo as I turned my PP calendar to May this morning 👍👍👍👍👍👍😁📆

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

They look fab @LUCKY JO , what kind of cucumber are they? Don’t say round ones!! :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;28856:
Liverpool's 4-0 demolition of Barcelona.... :o

What a game of footie 😜😜
You couldn’t make it up, both strikers out through injury and still score 4 goals against Barcelona. 👍👍
​Hope Tottenham replicate the victory tonight.
Badge +2

Last Saturday my wife bought me my (2019)Christmas present - a 2nd hand push bike. I get way too out of breath these days and I don’t want this fuel tank around my waste getting any larger :) 

so what made me happy is that not only have I been out most days since owning it, I’ve been out with the kids most times too. And starting to try a little bit further With the kids or more elevation routes without the kids. I’m really starting at the easiest of easy levels but want to build up. The best thing is I’m actually enjoying it, want to go out in the bike and it’s a nice stress relief from work. 

today a disused old (flat) railway line. Next year Tour de France 😂

Oh, and got this in the post today. A gift from Pure Planet :stuck_out_tongue:

Yum!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
How many!!! You are a busy bee 🐝🐝
Jowl;42707:
Oh my word Nu-Nu (the vacuum cleaner) is brilliant. Quick test run tonight and the dog hair is gone! I should never have waited so long to get one .

Great news, and love the name!😂

Is it one of those ones that bumps into a wall and changes direction to cover everywhere, or is it smarter than that?😎
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Rugby result = Gloucester 29 - Bath 15, I think Nataly will be a happy person tonight. Big, Big West Country derby🏉🏉
The deliveryman feeling festive 😁