Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

987 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Thank you Jon and Marc. Just discovered Gary Davies is back on radio two! I can’t tell you what a HUGE fan of his I was back in the 80s! I went to soooo many Radio One roadshows with my school friend! Blissful memories! What a way to end my birthday!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
3 weeks of cycling start today. Can froome defend his title or will super G nick it from him.
Go froome go sky..
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
So RAF celebrating 100 years and as Frank Whittle, inventor of jet engine, is from my home town, a red arrow hawk was in city centre Saturday!!!!!!!! Didn’t know, aaaaargh!

So, walking home today, what comes to a halt right next to me on gridlock duel carriageway? Said hawk being transported back to base! OMG could not believe my eyes and luck! Magical! :foldedhands:❤
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Watching Tim Henman and Andy Murray ������in studio with Sue, having lots of banter ������������then discovering both in commentary box tomoz ������������������������������������. Next best thing to seeing Murray on court, I guess ������������������������������

- - - Updated - - -

Give up. Emojis history
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Eating freshly picked strawberries from work colleagues garden, and telling her they were even tastier than Wimbledon strawberries! Never did I think anything would come close, but these truly did this morning!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Nothing. Very sad. Rafa out in semi. Serena thrashed in final. NOT a good day!

Oh I got a thorough housywork completed, plus six months of accounts after procrastinating, so guess that made me a teeny bit happy.

GUTTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Drinking a cheeky Guinness on a balmy summers July evening! Simple pleasures 🆙
Today what has made me happy is just the simple peace & quiet as I made my journey to work. Nothing special happened. Which was perfect 😮
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;8777:
Today what has made me happy is just the simple peace & quiet as I made my journey to work. Nothing special happened. Which was perfect :o

Love that! Simple things! Bliss! 🆙:p
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Giving a homeless man £1 and seeing his face light up, bless :foldedhands:

- - - Updated - - -

And an RAF jet practising its landing right over my flat into the airport OMG beyond low, Beyond loud, beyond heart pounding❤!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
.....walking home from work today FASTER than the traffic! Cars almost at standstill, gridlock as rat race begins now kiddywinkles broken up! Mad nation! I felt rather smug on foot!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Listening to Gary Davies on Radio 2 on Friday nights ❤! Sounds of the 80s. Blissful memories. He’s my new guilty pleasure all over again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Realising that this heatwave is not ending any time soon 🆒🆙:foldedhands:, loving it! ❤
I dunno @Bev Got to say it's doing my head in a bit :rolleyes:
Bev;9077:
Realising that this heatwave is not ending any time soon 🆒🆙:foldedhands:, loving it! ❤
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;9101:
I dunno @Bev Got to say it's doing my head in a bit :rolleyes:

have to say, after three consecutive showers, and STILL dripping, I’m beginning to think it’s only bliss if right by sea or pool! Phew it’s a killer!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
The boss got me an electric car today. Not quite what i was hoping for but i guess it saves me walking across the meadow.

- - - Updated - - -

Bev;9163:
have to say, after three consecutive showers, and STILL dripping, I’m beginning to think it’s only bliss if right by sea or pool! Phew it’s a killer!

Haha.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
That looks quite cool actually Jon! You have such an idyllic job with your tractor and your animals!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Must confess @Bev its not an actual farm. Nearly 35 acre of garden with woods,meadow,paddocks,lots of grass 3 lakes but one has dried up this year and a veg patch.on the animal front 3 sheep 2 alpaca 15 chickens 2 horses dogs and cats. And best not forget the bees.
P.S. my names not even jon (hes tbe boss) its drew.🆒
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Well that sounds close enough to a farm to me! Sounds fab!

jeez talk about confused dot com! You can’t change your name to Drew now, we all know you as Jon hee hee!

PS what’s happened to your Spotlight! It’s almost August lad!:p
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Jon is fine. Be surprised how often i call or mail people claiming to be my alter ego. Still waiting for the spotlight to appear, maybe wattbot has lost it. Worse still the selfie may of caused an overload of wattbot systems.
LAD. am i not older than you lassy.lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Funny! :D;):D
Jon1;9201:
Still waiting for the spotlight to appear, maybe wattbot has lost it. Worse still the selfie may of caused an overload of wattbot systems.

That is very uncanny. I was just sorted this out yesterday evening. Will post later today. Fame beckons @Jon1 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
And well worth the wait! Loved reading it!

- - - Updated - - -

Jon1;9201:

LAD. am i not older than you lassy.lol

hee hee hee, oh yes, from the number one on your 14th birthday thingy, I think we gauged most peoples ages, but what’s a few years amongst friends hee, we’re all much around the same I think!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Watching a baby blackbird take its very first bath in my bird bowl, on my balcony. Delightful ❤
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Catching up on three weeks worth of Mortimer Whitehouse Gone Fishing, on iplayer 🆙.

I’ve said it before, but simple things! 😛